“WORTH A VISIT”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Lovely atmosphere, large Restaurant with outside area and fabulous views.
Food is excellent whether set menu or al-a-carte. Service good, friendly and attentive. Very good value for money worth a visit in you are in the area.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

On May the 28th 2014 in the evening my wife and I was sat opposite the bar and Bistro and the owner was sat in the same bar we were talking to her friends from england. It is true what the other revieves say she is a nasty person Why because she found fault with all her customers and constantly talked about them behind thier backs. One couple who went to thier bar she said quite loudly '' I will tell you what they will have two liquour coffees each and that's it''. the couple moved thier seats because of ants and the frosty owner actually shouted at them not to move because she had left some of her belongings at the table. As for the food my wife and I cannot comment but if you wish to go to the Bistro just be prepared to be served by a awful lady to be pulled to pieces when you leave. My wife and i have seen the true owner of this establishment diner bewere.

5  Thank lomasbrandy
Reviewed 16 May 2014

simply horrible .except for cat . i wanted to complain . wife would not let me' ' own my own bussiness in tourism and recomend eating houses .this will not be one ' dont know if the owners had fallen out. the lady was banging things around . fawlty towers would have been heaven

6  Thank shaun b
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We went to this restaurant a couple of times when we were staying in Tala in November 2013 and were very impressed with the new menu which is very reasonably priced. The quality and standard of food was very high which can be attributed to the new chef, the portions generous and the presentation was faultless. We received a very warm welcome from the owners who could not do enough for us. The restaurant is right in the heart of Tala Square and the views from the terrace and inside the restaurant are wonderful. There was also some lovely background music which gave just the right ambience. We shall certainly visit again when we are next over.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I am prompted to write this review because i stumbled on some really awful reports about this restaurant which I have used a lot myself. I have visited it with my husband at least twice on each of our visits to Cyprus (three a year) for the last three years (so about 20 times). We have NEVER experienced anything other than pleasant and prompt service with a good variety of nicely cooked food, well presented in a clean, comfortable venue with a great view. Their current price for a three course special (with good choice) is 14 euros, which is very great value. It is definitely our restaurant of choice for everyday eating-out. Some reviewers complained they were served instant coffee. This is actually quite usual in Cyprus restaurants. If you ask for 'coffee' you get an individual sachet of quality instant coffee and a jug of hot water. It is part of the 'charm'. If you want filter or Greek coffee....ask for it. Also Cyprus restaurants generally don't have much 'character'.......another criticism I saw more than once. In fact, The Square has more than most, and also it DOES have background music.
I am really saddened to read these reviews apparently made by smug holidaymakers and so-called 'Senior Reviewers'. Senior? by what definition? Do these people have reviewing credentials? I do not understand what motivates people to be so derogatory and unpleasant. Or is there a hidden agenda here?
The Proprietors of this restaurant are just ordinary people trying to provide a service to the general public, and in doing so, make a living. Good luck to them!