“Elysium Wedding AMAZING!”

Ranked #2 of 88 Hotels in Paphos
Manchester
“Elysium Wedding AMAZING!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I got married at this hotel and it was perfect! The staff, décor and ambience were first class. We stayed in the deluxe rooms (cheapest rooms) they were spacious enough but not oversized the bed was huge comfy we soft Egyptian cotton sheets and a decent view of the sea.
The main of the dining staff were nice and they even went to the trouble of making gluten free bread for me.

However on the wedding day and before the wedding organiser Anita was amazing she gave me confidence that I was in good hands although she deserves to have an assistant, just in the event of hiccups so she is not running around and would befitting of a 5* wedding. (That is my only criticism.) On the day the waiting on staff Stelian was also first class giving us a professional and friendly service these guys also made my day special and all the guests commented on their synchronised service. Food was amazing and if you plan on getting married in Paphos or abroad I highly recommend this hotel, you are made to feel so special and it is very picturesque.
Warning: if you do want this hotel to marry go direct and do not waste money on these bogus wedding companies like 'perfect weddings abroad' !

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms are adequate but if you want a little va va voom then go for one with a private poo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (948)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here in Summer 2012 - sorry for the late review! Very nice hotel with very comfortable rooms and lovely pools. Loved the service and attention of the staff, particularly bringing the refreshing face clothes when sat by the pool. The lounges on the beach and the candles along all of he paths at night also helped make this a lovely stay. Being next door to the tomb of the kings also added extra interest....

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DavidTAYLOR_YORK
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Prior to going on holiday anywhere I always read online reviews first. Unfortunately I never actually sit down and write one myself. However, after about ten visits to the Elysium I think it's about time.

It is the cleanest (and I mean spotless) hotel I have been to in my world travels. It is constantly maintained i.e. buildings internally and externally and beautiful gardens. Breakfast is always fresh with delicious bread rolls and pastries etc baked on the hotel premises, fresh fruit and a variety of traditional and international delicacies. Restaurants available to suit every palate.

Staff are always friendly and go out of their way to please even the most difficult guest. However the jewel in the crown is Marios, the chief Chef, omelette maker and entertainer. He is Elysium's All-Season Santa Claus - big, round and jolly. On Tuesday, at breakfast we were disappointed to discover that we had missed Marios' halloumi-making demonstration the previous day. Marios promptly rushed to the kitchen and brought back two tasty portions of Anari cheese (which is produced in the process of making halloumi) drizzled with honey ........absolutely delicious.

As for entertainment there is usually something for all the family. My 11 year old was entertained by quality Magician and comedian Paul Thomas (I think his name is) and we listened to the dulcet tones of Eirini Psichrami former member of Hi 5 (Spice Girl equivalent) whose repertoire was vast and varied.

My family of five loved it here, my two are older now so it's just the three of us. Before long it will be the two of us and we will still be returning here to the Elysium or should I say 'Home of those blessed by the Gods'.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank John L
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

This June was our 3rd holiday to the Elysium and felt i should write a review as we used this site to decide to go here.
The hotel itself is beautiful and immaculately kept all the time. On arrival the door staff are first class as are the reception team.
I have 2 young boys (4&2) one of which had his birthday during our stay. The reception team knew this on arrival, on his birthday they had made a cake for him which as any parent knows makes them feel very special.
In particular I would like to mention one of the restaurant managers 'Cedric' who I asked if he could perhaps put a balloon or something small on the table at breakfast, on my sons birthday he had a table set aside for us with loads of balloons tied to chairs and all around us. Then he brought 2 cakes with candles and got everyone to sing happy birthday. Doesn't sound a lot but made a young boy very happy, which I'm very grateful for.
All the staff are great with the kids.

We also used the kids club which is run by Rachel, who we found to be amazing, very accommodating and my boys loved going there as there was a different thing on every day.
The food is amazing and all the chefs do a fantastic job and will do any special requests you have. We ate in the buffet every night as there is such a great selection and again themes change every night.
Finally the cocktails are the best I have ever had Vlasis and his team are superb to say the least.
We would 100% recommend this hotel and plan to return again and again.

David Lyon (june 2014)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank David L
west sussex
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My review is a bit different as when I was booking this hotel I had no idea what to expect. So if you are looking at this hotel and the Royal Studio then here is some info you may find useful.

I wanted a quiet couples holiday so with that in mind went for a Adults Only Royal Studio. There are 12 of these in the big long building at the back of the royal Pool that you can see, 6 upstairs and 6 down. The downstairs ones have a little garden with sunbed and a plunge pool, the upstairs ones a rather small shaded balcony, when booking (through BA) I didnt have an option for upstairs or down it was just listed as Royal Studio, so not sure if there is a price difference., After emailing the hotel I was told I had been allocated an upstairs one. On arrival I was dissapointed but I shouldnt have worried as the people in the 6 downstairs ones tended to stay in their rooms so basically we had the whole of the Royal Pool area to ourselves for the week.

They give you fruit and wine in your room on arrival and in our case as we arrived at 11pm a lovely plate of cold meat and salad which was very welcome.
The fruit was topped up every day and if you are around the pool at 3pm they bring you more fruit.
They looked after us very well.

The breakfast and dinner very good although I was disappointed in the fish there was only one choice in the evening which was only labelled white fish in something which to be honest could mean it is anything.

Overall a very enjoyable holiday

Room Tip: Royal Suites if you want a child free holiday.
1 Thank sionlady
Peel, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The Elysium remains an excellent five star hotel with friendly staff, great facilities with its Spar, Pools, Private Beach, and wonderful food. The rooms are large, en-suite, and exceptionally well cared for. As a five star hotel the drinks are of course not cheap, but that goes with a five star hotel. The quality of the food - buffet breakfasts, and themed dinners is outstanding. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Look for a room offer for half board that can be the same or very little more (pennies) than B&B...
2 Thank Dave G
Leicester
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our third year running at elysium and brilliant every time. Rooms are clean and spacious (worth having a sea view if you can) and maids always do a great job.
Pool area and is always clean and brilliantly designed, not much of a beach but the pool more than makes up for it. Pool staff always friendly and attentive.
Food at breakfast is lovely, so much choice and great quality food, lunch at mediterrraneo also lovely food - only gripe is that service can be a little slow - plenty of staff but none really seem to have a set area but other than that a great place to lunch! Bacco restaurant at tea time well worth a visit - again amazing food and good service.
I particularly enjoy cocktails at sunset on the terrace - quite expensive but really outstanding cocktails!
Hotel location also very good as just a short taxi ride from the harbour where there are plenty of bars and restaurants, also plenty of places to eat and drink just up the road from the hotel in walking distance.
Elysium never disappoints us, the staff really cannot do enough for you and are just lovely. Certainly looking forward to returning again at some point in the future!

• Stayed June 2014