“Fantastic Hotel. Expensive but worth it!”
Review of Elysium Hotel

Elysium Hotel
Ranked #2 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed 21 August 2010

Had a week here. Beautiful hotel. Great service in a luxury hotel. Beautiful pool area, great restaurants. had a fantastic time, should have stayed for two weeks! Would definitely go back. 5 Star...yes.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank staceandimme

Reviewed 19 August 2010

I was visiting Cyprus with my family and we were staying with the grandparents and my wife and I decided to escape for a couple of days. I have personally chosen the Elysium based on what I saw on the tripadvisor and I am glad I did.
The first impression we got when we arrived was impressive. We drove to Elysium and I parked the car and we started walking towards the entrance with two hand luggage. To my surprised before we moved far a porter came to pick them up and directed us towards the reception. The check in was very quick and within few minutes we were in our room. The room had a site sear view which was more than good enough for us and it was nicely decorated and spotless although not the biggest or the most luxurious I have been in this current year . Also a nice platter of fruits was waiting for us.
During our stay we tried few of the restaurants and in call cases the service was excellent. The breakfast at Lemonia was amazing (I always find the breakfast offering in hotels in Cyprus excellent but this was at a different league) and despite been packed the service was outstanding. We also tried the Epicurean terrace restaurant and the service again was excellent. As my wife did not want any wine and I did not want to have a bottle by my self the waiter offered me a number to options not on the menu so as to enjoy it more with my dinner. The presentation of the food was excellent and I love the starters but the main although very good I had a bit more expectations but again I cannot fault it. For both of us the highlight of the restaurants was the Mediterraneo where we had lunch. My calamari was excellent but the Octopus that my wife had was one of the best we have ever tasted
We also been to the Astria bar in all evenings and I had one of the best Mojito I ever had. (If you like it then order the Napoleon Mojito next time you are at the hotel). The bar is nice and relaxing and is the perfect close of the day before you go to bed
In addition to that during the day we spent the time around the swimming pool and a bit by the beach. Both my wife and I were impressed with how clear the whole gardens were and how well maintain everything is. Also we have notice that the staff were doing everything possible to accommodate the needs of all the quests and somehow beds and umbrellas were appearing from nowhere for everybody. That what I call a great 5* hotel service. One nice touch was the cold towel we got at around midday... Little things make the whole stay more enjoyable
Last but not least the location is great for Paphos. If you do not mind walking Kato Paphos and the harbor is around 30 minutes walk through the beach path that takes you to the castle. Its a bit of a long walk but the sea breeze is nice and keeps you going
Both my wife and I commented after we left that the Elysium is in par with some of the best hotels around the globe we have visited over the years and we are definitely coming back with the first opportunity

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Theogeor
Reviewed 18 August 2010

I will like to write our coments about ,with out any question the best hotel of cyprus , we dont even think about another place when next time coming back to cyprus , the rooms , the service and the top class food in all the restaurants make the difference ,
I was reading here some people compliand about the price , but if you go to a five star hotel , you know how are the prices , and what you get for ,
If you take a meal in any restaurant of the hotel you know the food and the service will be the best , you can not comparate thius with a restaurant outside of the hotel where all are tourist traps
the decoration of the hotel s unique and top class ,
And also something we want to remark is the training of the staff , we was surpice when plenty people talk in russian , that was great for us , even when the head chef talk with us in russian and take care of our question
great and well done ,, for sure will be back

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Anna R
Reviewed 16 August 2010

From the second we arrived and the  concierge welcomed us telling us that Elysium means paradise. Every box has been ticked. Each staff member wants your Elysium experience to be great. Not one member of the hotel staff can be critiqued in a negative way. The food is exceptional and dispels the image of hotels can't do good food. In the morning breakfast is enhanced by the enigmatic and wonderful Marios the omelette chef plus he makes all the Haluomi Cheese (I watched him one afternoon, fascinating). The accommodation, location and customer focus is truly wonderful. Please stay here I assure you. You will have the best vacation ever.

1  Thank MrEZE
Reviewed 15 August 2010

The Elysium Hotel was superb, great service, good food, fantastic pool and attentive staff. The hotel was seriously let down by its location. The surrounding area was completely awful full of nightclubs, cheap restaurants and topless bars. The harbor is a good 45 minute walk through areas which reminded me of Spain at its very worst. If you visit stay in the hotel and don't leave until it is time to fly home.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Prestedge
Reviewed 10 August 2010

After a really tough few months, I booked into the Elysium for a break on my own because I wanted a holiday where I could just relax and not speak to anyone if I didn't want to!!

The hotel really is magnificent, everything that you would expect from a 5* hotel. Helpful staff, lovely rooms, great facilities etc etc

I had a non sea-facing room and I looked out onto the tennis courts and gardens and up at the hills. My room was mostly very quiet but it is worth noting that the nights that there is live entertainment in the bar, the music is very loud and on a Saturday night goes on until about 12.30 am. I was a bit annoyed by this but it only happened one night (and it was a Saturday). Everything in the room was clean and in good repair with a lovely spicy complimentary body lotion that I really loved. The towels were amazing, big and white and extremely fluffy (though they seemed to be changed twice a day which I thought was a bit unnecessary).

The sea-facing rooms looked lovely though they face directly west (depends if you like the full sun beating onto your balcony in the afternoon) and onto the pool (which would probably be quite noisy). The extra money for me wasn't actually worth it.

The pool and gardens are very well maintained. By the end of the day the pool is pretty much like a warm bath but in the heat that is to be expected. There is a water slide for kids, a baby paddling pool but the main pool isn't deeper than about 170 cm. Plenty of sun loungers and luckily none of that reservation of reserving sun loungers, it's all very civilised.

The beach is fabulously maintained and is definitely the nicest beach on either side of the hotel. It has dark sand as well which was quite a novelty for me. I loved the little bay (that I think is man made) and the sea was wonderful and warm, I spent more time in the sea than the pool.

As I was eating alone I didn't go for the half-board option as it would be too expensive and not worth my while. It is €39 if you eat at the Mediterano buffet and it was completely wasted on me so I only did it once. I ate room service or on the terrace bar. I also had a wonderful meal in the Italian restaurant on my last night as a treat and the service was exceptional (they call you by name once they have your room number which I thought was a nice touch) and because I was on my own they couldn't do enough for me.

Pro's:
- Luxurious
- Wonderful staff
- Excellent facilities
- spacious well cared for rooms
- did I mention the towels?!
- the calamari in the Mediterraneo (sp) was some of the best I'd ever eaten

Con's:
- It is expensive (but it's a 5* hotel so it's a bit like ordering fillet and then being surprised at the price...). A bottle of water from the bar is almost €4 and when it's 39 degrees and you're drinking 3 a day for 7 days, it adds up.
- I didn't really rate the spa that much and I thought that it was completely over the top in terms of price. Almost €100 for an hour long massage is heinously expensive for a very average massage. I also felt that the therapist was really pushing me to buy the products (which I know is standard at a spa but I didn't like the way in which it was done here). Unless you're extremely minted I wouldn't bother really.

All in all, I will definitely go back though probably out of season next time to avoid the high temperatures.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank Billythedogg
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Stayed at the Elysium in May for 1 week, to celebrate my husbands 50th birthday. Hotel was excellent, beautiful decor, rooms spacious and very clean. Hotel staff were very friendly and always there to help you. Food was excellent, good variety and qaulity. Please remeber dress code does apply, so go prepared. Pool area was fantastic, beautiful layout and never a hastle to get sun beds in the morning, beach a bit disappointing with black dirty, so called sand. The only down fall from the holiday was the cost of drinks and snacks through out the day, very expensive. Also be careful when they offer you drinks in restaurant with evening meal. My husband and I had some water and two sparkly drinks with our evening meal one night, which cost us around £35.00 When questioned about the cost I was quickly told "well it is a five star hotel". I would defenately go back to the Elysium again we both came home feeling very relaxed after our stay, however take a cardigan in May as it is chilly at nights.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple