Almyra Hotel
US$291
US$147
US$126
  • Pool
Pandream Hotel Apartments(Paphos)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$89
Cynthiana Beach Hotel(Kissonerga)(Great Value!)
US$100
HotelsClick
2,530 results
All reviewsnotios restaurantinfinity poolmosaics restaurantkyma suitesea viewsister hotelspa areagarden roomfamily poolkids clubstar hotelguest servicesbreakfast and dinnerhalf boardmain poolsea frontlovely hotel
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We recently stayed for 11 days at the Almyra in Paphos. It was fantastic, while Paphos itself can be quite 'English fish and chips', the Almyra was sophisticated and had a truly Cypriot feel and authentic Greek food as well as some fusion Japanese delicacies. The staff were knowledgable, welcoming and friendly.
We opted for a 'Garden room' but quickly realised that whilst they were nice, you lost the best part of staying on the beach front by facing the road and garden so opted to upgrade to a sea-view which they organised for us by moving some future booking around. So it was more expensive that we had started out with but well worth it. The hotel manager was very friendly and accommodating.
Running along the esplanade in the morning was the highlight, it is completely safe and the gym in the hotel was perfect for our needs. It opens at 8 in the morning, so us early birds had to wait.
Our only concern was that they did not want us to bring our own water to the pool and we were asked not to do so, but with many hours over the 11 days spent by the pool, it is not sustainable to buy expensive mini bottled waters from the hotel and we spent hundreds of pounds on food and cocktails so we thought it a bit unnecessary. I imagine that many hotels try and enforce this though. Overall, one of the best places to stay in Paphos. We didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a Sea-view.. While the garden rooms are okay, the are naturally darker and not a beautiful view like at the front of the hotel, even though there are pretty gardens etc
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S J
Thanos_Hotels, Manager at Almyra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience about your. I am delighted to know you and your family enjoyed your stay. Your compliments have been passed on to the team which is very grateful

The team is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please do contact us directly to let us know when you will be returning.

Kind regards

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We arrived at the Almyra quite late in the evening and the manager asked if we had eaten. When we told him that we hadn't he immediately rang the hotel restaurant to tell them to expect us and we were escorted there to be greeted by the head waiter and within minutes were enjoying that first glass of wine and looking forward to a meal.
All this before we had even signed in!
This experience proved to be typical of the thoughtfulness that we were to find throughout our week's stay.
Whoever selects and trains staff for this hotel should be very proud of themselves.
The layout of the gardens of the hotel is cleverly done and if, like us, you are looking for somewhere to chill out in peace and quiet you will easily find those places and yet be in close reach of a waiter to bring delicious cool drinks and snacks.
Our room was on the 4th floor with a view of the sea and harbour. We would definately choose that option again.
We plan to return to the Almyra on our next trip to Paphos.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jenny C
Thanos_Hotels, Manager at Almyra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive feedback. The team is very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us so much.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can assist with your reservation

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Have you ever panicked that you left your credit card at home, when you are already at the airport on your way to your holiday destination? I did. Totally freaked out, as I had the choice of boarding the plane without credit card or miss my holiday entirely. I called Almyra, and told them what happened. And they told me to get on the plane and they will sort things out for me when I arrive. And they did. I was truly touched for their service to ensure I had the holiday I have been planning for my 40th birthday. It was on my list to treat myself to an amazing spa hotel, with an infinity pool thrown in of course :) The reception team, especially Marco was most helpful to give recommendation on where to go for food, sights and even helped to draw it out on a map for us. Breakfast by the pool, is definitely one of the many good reasons to wake up to every morning. Then take a walk along the waterfront. Pretty convenient to get / drive to tourist attractions and beaches. There are some good shops, restaurants within walking distance as well. I managed to join a few scuba dives and also had an exhilarating experience on a jet ski. On my last day, it was rather windy, so we decided to spend the day at the hotel - totally just as beautiful experience as well. I would definitely remember the kindness and hospitality that I had been shown from everyone at the Almyra Hotel.

Room Tip: definitely get the room with balcony and facing the seafront :)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bandage666
Thanos_Hotels, Manager at Almyra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2015

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us.

The most rewarding aspect for the team is knowing our guests are enjoying the atmosphere, attentive service and having a memorable stay with us - hopefully more than once.

Thank you again, and we sincerely hope to welcome you back to Almyra soon

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed with a girlfriend at the Almyra for four nights from 16-20 May. I selected the hotel due to the location and proximity to the harbour area and it looked very clean and modern with good reviews. Overall we had a lovely stay and I have summarised below the good and bad points. The hotel is 10 km from the airport. Rather than take a taxi each way (30 euros approx for each journey) we took the airport bus (number 612) which dropped us off right by the hotel and was 1.5 euros each. The bus was punctual, clean and fast. It took less than half an hour, I would highly recommend it unless you have a lot of luggage/children in tow. We stayed in a Verandah Room which had a sea view and balcony. The cheaper rooms had no balcony and/or no sea view so would highly recommend one of these rooms or even one of the more expensive suites to avoid disappointment. Overall this is a beautiful hotel with exceptionally lovely grounds in the best location in Paphos. The grounds were very spacious and well maintained.

The good points were:

We were made to feel very welcome upon arrival
All the staff were professional yet friendly
The bathrobes fitted me (usually hotel bathrobes are only fine for a 6' man with long arms!)
Very comfortable beds
Good quality bed linen and towels
Excellent hairdryer
Good lighting in room
Good TV
Lovely grounds and pool area
Very large pool - not heated but the pool temperature was 30 degrees
We loved the Ouzerie taverna which is part of the hotel but right on the waterfront
Good breakfast with plenty of choice
We used the main pool but there was also an adults only pool in the spa area which we would probably have used if the hotel had been busier and full of children but the main pool was in a better location close to the main hotel building and beach bar/restaurant
Plenty of excellent sun loungers (well spaced out) and umbrellas with easy access to towels

Bad points:

The room was on the small side for what we paid (£900+ for 4 nights bed and breakfast!!)
The bathroom was disappointing. The bath had an overhead shower and also a hand shower. However the bath was really narrow at the 'taps' end where the shower was located and there were no grab rails. The bath surround was solid marble as was the floor so I felt that it was an accident waiting to happen. This is an issue that the hotel should address urgently. Even a grab rail on the wall would make it safer. I weigh 7.5 stone and if the bath was narrow for me then I dread to think how a large main would fit in!!
Good toiletries but no conditioner - I can never understand why so many top hotels cannot provide this simple item. It is much needed due to most people swimming each day and the climate which plays havoc with ones hair.
Upon arrival we were greeted in a very friendly manner and made to feel welcome. However we were given a cold towel and a glass of water to drink plus some pickled sweet walnuts. This was all rather strange. We did not fancy the black walnuts. Also we were surprised and disappointed to only be offered a glass of water. In Tenerife one would get a glass of Cava and in Barbados (or everywhere in the Caribbean) a rum punch. The hotel could do better than this and it creates a good feeling right from the start. Surely something like an Ouzo cocktail with a non alcoholic alternative would not be too much trouble. During our stay I had a non alcoholic cocktail in the hotel which comprised (I believe) of lemonade, fresh lime juice and mint. It was fantastic and this would be a good non alcoholic alternative. It was really, really nice.
On Sunday at breakfast I went to the counter to get a fried egg (ready made) and the metal serving containers were empty and there was no one serving. I had to wait around 10 minutes until someone appeared to serve us. During this time there was a large pan of water boiling away and also a frying pan with hardly any oil and the gas turned up high - this looked really dangerous and is a health and safety issue and should be addressed. This area should never be left unattended with pots etc. on the gas hob. Not sure if there was a smoke detector in the area either??
There could have been more choice of fresh fruit at breakfast, perhaps some papaya or pineapple? Also no smoked salmon or dried ham.

That's all I can think of. However in summary I would return to this hotel and would recommend it. It is excellent for families and has lots of facilities and a spa. It would perhaps not suit older people with more traditional tastes and the bath would certainly not suit people who were not agile. A double walk in shower would fit nicely into the space - I wish the hotel would consider this. Oh, and 2 wash basins would be good, there is plenty of space.

Room Tip: A sea view is a must, otherwise you will be facing a noisy main road with an ugly view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Pauline E

Thank you very much for chosing to stay at Almyra and for taking the time to describe your detailed impressions. The team is very pleased to hear your positive feedback about many aspects of your stay.

We apologise also for not meeting your expectations in some areas. Your feedback is very valuable and will assist us in making improvements to our service and products which we consistently aim to do.

Thank you again,and we hope to welcome you back again soon

Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel as the first foreign holiday for our 9 month baby girl. The staff are fantastic and go out of their way to ensure you have a memorable stay. Great pool and restaurants. The baby go lightly package helps significantly and there is a large supermarket 5 mins walk away which sells anything you may have forgotten.

• Stayed: May 2014