Almyra Hotel
US$325
US$297
US$407
US$393
Queen's Bay Hotel(Kissonerga)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$100
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$294
US$276
Helios Bay Hotel(Paphos)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$249
US$212
Priceline
2,524 results
All reviewsnotios restaurantinfinity poolmosaics restaurantkyma suitesea viewsister hotelspa areagarden roomfamily poolkids clubstar hotelguest servicesbreakfast and dinnerhalf boardmain poolsea frontlovely hotel
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I took my mum to Paphos for 5 nights, she had grown up there and so I wanted something special. The Almyra was perfect. The bedrooms were basic but clean and with beautiful views. The spa and pool were beautiful and the staff always attentive, lots of extra touches. I had a massage and can honestly say it was one of the best I have ever had, the masseuse was a sports therapist/physio therapist and she was amazing.
We had breakfast included and it the choice was huge. The waiters were always happy, friendly and chatty. Loads of local seasonal produce as well as the more standard choices. Beautiful location on the sea front and you can easily walk into town or run along the front.
A beautiful hotel with lots to offer and a lovely team.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Thanos_Hotels, Manager at Almyra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about your recent stay at Almyra. Your complimentary feedback about the excellent service you received and the local food quality, your spa treatment and wonderful views is gratefully received.

We hope to welcome you back to Almyra very soon

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I dreaded this holiday a little as read so many differing reviews here. I now know why. The hotel itself is nice. A little style over substance in places but has a modern look while maintaining a friendly approach.
So on to the kids. We went out side of school holidays with two young children. I felt the pain of every couple without children there - who wants to sit at an evening meal and hear numerous renditions of "wheels on the bus"? I don't and I have two of my own. Of course that is not a fault of the hotels and to be fair there is a polite note in the room asking parents to ensure children are not running wild. The staff were excellent with our children. We did not use the kids club so cannot comment on that. They do have a playground there which they should make more of - our children loved it.
We had a two bed suite on the fourth floor - views to die for. If you cannot be guaranteed a sea view room do not go to this hotel. It makes a huge difference. The room itself was spacious, spotlessly clean and did not appear at all tired as I have read in previous reviews. The bathroom needs work. The baths are tiny, my four year old daughter even commented on this. We had two baths and both had inadequate plugs making it virtually impossible to have a long soak without topping up the water. The showers are wall mounted but small and hand held. The bathroom was adequate but not in anyway luxurious.
I have read countless reviews of how good the food is. If we are talking about the Notios restaurant I would agree. The service, location, variety and quality of food was exceptional. I would give Mosaics a miss. Mosaics is where breakfast is served and a themed warm buffet is held each night. Breakfast was ok. The buffet at night was severely lacking. The quality of food was adequate but certainly nothing I would look forward to. Particularly the deserts.
The pool area was nice but again I found service here could be improved, certainly in comparison to previous hotels we have stayed in. The beds by the pool are great, big and very comfortable. They were in high demand though, imagine it may be a bit of a nightmare in the school holidays. The pool itself was particularly good for children as is not too deep. We were there ten days and I didn't see anyone have a really good swim, the pool was just full of adults and toddlers. There is a separate baby pool which is great but in all honesty it's like they have two kids pools and if you want a pool to swim in you would have to go to the spa. It was perfect for us, a family who dare to have two toddlers. The fact they also cover the pool when it is really hot to provide shade was also a great help for children.
I liked the fact it is a really nice hotel which happens to be thoughtful regarding families but I think it is struggling to find a happy medium with this.
We enjoyed our time at the hotel and if I could pick it up and place it and it's views elsewhere I may return, for the views alone. I'm afraid nothing could get me to return to Paphos. A place that has been ruined by man kind. The natural coastline of paphos is breathtaking. What man has added is not.

Room Tip: Sea view is a must.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RB2B

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback about your recent stay at Almyra. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay overall. Your complimentary feedback is gratefully received.

I apologise that there were aspects of your stay which you were not entirely satisfied with. Your feedback is helpful to assist us in enhancing our service and facilities overall.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Just came back from Paphos where I stayed at Almyra and let me tell you this hotel is the nearest I have been to paradise! I have been travelling to Cyprus for the past 3 years, but this is the first time I stayed at Almyra Hotel. I have to be honest, I had my doubts about this because being a 5* hotel sure builds up your expectations but Almyra met them all. I stayed at the Veranda Sea View room, the service was excellent, helpful staff, clean rooms and the food was amazing. The Mosaic Restaurant was stunningly beautiful and the food delicious. I only stayed for 3 days due to business but I am definitely coming back for more days.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank mariacassandragilmor

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback about your recent stay at Almyra. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay overall. Your complimentary feedback is gratefully received and we are honoured by your description.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We went to the Almyra last week and it does impress on first view after driving through the grim Paphos and beach front area.The economic crisis has hit hard and clear to see. The room was fine but not 5* at all just in case you think that's what you are buying. Breakfast was nice but it was the same every day and could have been any breakfast buffet anywhere ! Evening buffets were just DULL...and uninspiring. We had to escape on three nights because we could not face the pain of walking around looking at such dull food. Eating outside on the terrace was great but nearly every table had a child or three and the few couples there looked pained at the sight of so many noisy kids.The two restaurants are good and the service excellent at all levels. The big problem is poor security around the hotel. Anyone could walk in from the promenade on the beach side and all the rooms in the main hotel have very old 80's style "push a button into the handle" doors and locks. One hard push and it would fly open easily.
The spa area is great for any stressed out singleton or couple looking to escape the kids in the main pool but they charge Euro 4 for local bottled water costing 60 cents from the shops and and wont let you bring your own ! The spa treatments are expensive so be warned.
Overall its a good hotel that should not be priced at 5*, staff are excellent especially Zoe on reception and Theodore in the Notios restaurant.....but we would NOT got back to the hotel or Paphos again for any reason.

Room Tip: get a sea view room as the alternative is not worth it !
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jerseycreamlondon
Thanos_Hotels, Manager at Almyra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your opinion about your recent stay at Almyra. Your kind comments about the teams hospitality and standard of service are appreciated and have been passed on to everyone.

We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations overall, and that we did not have an opportunity before you left to recover your negative impression which is our priority. .

With regard to the safety and security of our guests, this is one of our highest priorities which is taken very seriously. We have defined security policies and procedures in place which all Managers and our team of security officers are responsible for. Our security team work unobtrusively 24 hours a day patrolling our hotel and grounds. In addition we have several security cameras in key areas throughout our hotels. We appreciate your concerns and your comments have been valuable and resulted in us reviewing our procedures to ensure our guests do not have similar feelings unnecessarily. This area is reviewed on an on going basis.

We hope you consider returning as we would like the opportunity to provide a much more enjoyable experience for you next time. .
We thank you again for sharing your feedback. If you do consider returning, please contact me at mod.almyra@thanoshotels.com

Kind Regards

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I came here as a group of girls and this place was a good choice. Between the four of us we shared a 2 bed suite with jacuzzi and made use of spa facilities.
The pool was a bit too exposed- more trees needed! But the views were stunning and the breakfast exceptional. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay. I am pleased you and your friends enjoyed your stay overall. Your complimentary feedback is gratefully received