“Don't go there” 3 of 5 bubbles

Nereus Hotel
Ranked #55 of 90 Hotels in Paphos
“Don't go there”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Stayed at the Nereus for 2 weeks in August arrived late at night, within half hour I was in reception asking for the ant spray, within 2 days the room was overtook with ants , was offered free breakfast as compensation personally I wouldn't dish it up for a dog, it took 4 days to get moved to another room. Certainly wouldn't rate as a 3 star more like a 1 star, staff were friendly, my cooking facilities consisted of a kettle,a toaster, and fridge, no oven or microwave had to ask for them, pool area very slippy and dangerous, in 20 years iv never complained about a hotel but this one I think needed to be reported

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Goodbro2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Cannock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

very basic rooms ,but clean and very friendly ,food is really good quality .the hotel is in easy reach off all amenatis and close to the bus station where the bus are regular and very good priced.you are in walking distance to the harbour where you can get loads of trips and fishing trips all at reasnoble prices .

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank susiewoo2013
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

While the staff were very good, could not do enough. The Hotel itself is in dire need of refurbishment. Tiles coming up off floors in passage ways and in our personal bathroom. Decoration needed all around the Hotel. The Hotel is listed as 3 STAR. In my opinion, it may have been higher in it,s day but really pushing it now. Their normal customers are of senior age, I am lead to believe they return every year, they seem to be at comfort with the Hotel. I was my teenage daughter, there was nothing there for her. This will be the first time I can say, will not return.

Room Tip: If you are under 65 years go some where else!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Neil19612013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

I would just like to thank the staff and management for the excellent service and care that i received after my holiday started with a nightmare.
We flew in on a Sunday in July, very late at night, our suitcase went missing and the holiday company were not helpful? We had a wedding to go too the next day and all our clothing, accessories, toiletres and my medication was in that case.
The hotel was very sympathetic and made calls to the reps on our behalf {who again were not helpful} Because I had nothing the hotel staff (including Athena) arranged for me to get my hair done and even bought in there own makeup and made my face up for me so that even though I had nothing but a dress and had to buy shoes out there I looked half reasonable.
Our case turned up the next day on another flight after the wedding.
Later that week it was our wedding anniversary and the hotel left a bottle of wine and a card in our room.
Thank you everyone for the excellent customer service which was more than expected, which turned a horrible start to a holiday into a fun holiday. We hope to see you next year????

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank c00mes
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Having read some bad reviews before my visit I was a little worried but was very happy on arrival. The hotel has everything we needed and asked for....a quiet room, friendly staff, clean and the food was excellent. I am quite a fussy eater and I did not have a bad meal the whole time I was there. There is enough choice for both breakfast and evening meals and I feel the hotel does its best to try and cater for every taste. The cleaners came every day which is much better than hotels I have stayed in before. The staff were very welcoming and friendly, and could not do enough for you. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the pools were excellent. There are other areas to sunbathe if you do not want to be near the pool. The location could not be better...about 5 to 10 minutes walk to all the best bits. We sampled many of the bars and restaurants and can not say anything negative about anywhere. The bus terminal is 10 mins walk from hotel and makes it very easy to get around the area. You can also book trips from there which we really enjoyed and were good value for money. There is so much to see and do in Pathos you really can't go wrong...although not sure there is enough there to keep younger children entertained...there is a zoo and a waterpark. Dont know where some people say they have seen cockroaches as we were there 2 weeks and did not see any. In fact there were no nasty bugs whatsoever...normally get bit abroad but did not need the expensive insect repellent I took. Dont believe all the negative reviews on here as it seems to me that some people expect a 5 star hotel even though they have only paid for a 3 star hotel.....guess some people are not happy unless they are complaining. Remember you are on holiday and have fun!! I FOR ONE CANT WAIT TO GO BACK NEXT YEAR!!!

Room Tip: Request a quiet room if you dont want the noise from the bar opposite although the music was not tha...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sue T
Wrexham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

it was a cheap holiday so i wont go over the top but the hotel in general needed a re-vamp, the cleaners didnt do much of a job in my room, the bed was very hard, like lumps of straw, i didnt have a hot shower on 2 different days, the breakfast i thought was quite good, on 3 occations i went to the hotel bar, but never got served because there was'nt anyone there to serve me, (dont know how the all inclusive guests managed), you couldnt sunbathe by the pool but they had a small sun terrace on the roof of the first floor to sunbathe on but then you couldnt have a swim to cool down, you couldnt swim in the pool anyway because it was small and the children in the hotel filled it, its location was very good though, but as i say it was a cheap holiday and you get what you pay for, i've stayed in better and i've stayed in worse, at best and being kind, i would call it average

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Anthony D
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

having been to this hotel be for I was sad meals was not as good no night entertainment for a hotel so near to all the bars they need to do some thing to keep the people happy we like coming here its close to the harbourer and we love it here

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple