“Fan-bloody-tastic!!!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #56 of 88 Hotels in Paphos
London
“Fan-bloody-tastic!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 28 August 2009

I must start by saying that you could not get a better hotel for the same money!! It's a very good location, the staff are very friendly, helpful and could not be more welcoming. It's like going from home to home.
The appartment I stayed in was lovely, I couldn't have asked for anything better!!! It was cleaned on a day to day basis including the outdoor patio area. There was a fitted gate at the top of the stairs to help make it child friendly.
There was entertainment in the hotel and papageorge (also owned by the hotel) nearly every night I was there during my 4 week visit. There was also outdoor entertainment situated round the fountain outside the hotel with tabel service that everyone seemed to really enjoye.The bar staff are fantastic, who always offer service with a smile!!!! Cocktails are 2 euros each, what more could you ask for.
I've stayed at the Nereus several times and will continue to use this hotel as its lovely! Please don't take any notice of the bad reviews, go and find out for yourselves and see.

• Stayed July 2009
4 Thank nikkipa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2009

We stayed at the nereus hotel for a week and we were apprehensive upon arrival due to a few bad reviews but when we arrived we were very impressed with the hotel. We stayed in a self catering apartment which was extremely clean and was cool even without air conditioning. We have been to paphos before but stayed in a different hotel and were expecting ants due to the heat but for the duration of our holiday there were no ants in our apartment. The hotel offers a very handy 20 litre bottle of water for 9 euros to put into the water dispenser which was in the kitchen, we payed for this and within 2 minutes the water was delivered and fitted into the dispenser. The air conditioning was brilliant and worked perfectly and is definately worth the money.
We arrived in the evening and so didnt have time to get any breakfast so we decided to have breakfast in the hotel restaraunt. There was a wide variety of food available to eat from cereal to eggs and sausages to fresh fruit. it does get a little busy after 9am but there was plenty to eat and places to sit. We also ate in the restaraunt for dinner and the food was lovely, perfectly cooked and good value for money. there was a variety of desserts that you could pick from and the ice cream was to die for!
We went to the pool at different times throughout our holiday and never struggled to find a sunbed next to the pool. Although chlorine was added to the pool daily the pool was a bit dirty and it hadnt been cleaned the time we were there. There was also a games room to keep teenagers and children entertained.
The entertainment at night wasnt for me but you could see that the hotel tryed to cater for the family. The service at the hotel bar was excellent and the staff were very friendly.
The nereus hotel was brilliant and it provided a better experience than the hotel we stayed in 2 years previous to this trip. I would recommend the nereus hotel to anyone and would definately return =)

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Laiise
lancashire
Reviewed 20 August 2009

The Hotel was celebrating 20yrs of being open when we arrived. Not that you didnt notice-it was stuck in a time warp. Opulence so dated the lounge area felt like you were on a tacky Titanic !! The rooms were scruffy, the toilet didnt flush, the bath backed up with dirty water, the previous occupants had yacked up on the balcony and it was all down the rail and tiles-hardened on-not a pretty sight I can tell you. Bare wires sticking out of the walls, overspill pipes blocked up with toilet tissue. The air con also didnt work it was unbearable. We have been to Cyprus 4 times on the trot and never had any cause for complaint. On the whole the place could have been so much nicer if it had a lick of paint and a bit of TLC. Im sorry I wont be going back to the Nereus and several other holiday makers commented the same.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank stirling08

Travellers are raving about these Paphos hotels

UK
Reviewed 20 August 2009

Had a wonderful stay at the Nereus Hotel. It does what is expected for a holiday, clean rooms, great staff, friendly atmosphere, good prices- what more can anyone ask for? Having read some reviews I was a little worried but right from the start of my holiday the staff were happy to help. When we arrived the air con didn't work but this was sorted out very quickly so that I didnt have to worry. They gave me fantastic customer service.

There was entertainment at the hotel every night and to be honest not all of this was my cup of tea but having seen stuff in other bars, it was obvious that the Nereus really tried to cater for family tastes and did it well. The open air Blues Brothers Tribute act was fantastic and lots of passers by also came to watch as it was so good.

We went to the pool at various times of day and always found a sun lounger to sit on so no worries there and no getting up early to compete for them. There was a good choice for breakfast, from cereals, bacons, sausages, eggs etc to greek yoghurts, fresh baked sweet loaf, and lots of fresh fruit. The breakfast was served from 7.30 am right through to 10am so really catered for those who wanted a lie in as well as those out on early day trips. I noticed that the restaurant did get busy after 9am but there was always lots of fresh food.

We stayed half board and for the extra money it cost, the food was very good. There was always a choice of 3 main meals but obviously this may not be to everyones taste. The food was plentiful and usually accompanied by vegetables, potatoes and bread. There was a reasonable choice of deserts from ice cream to gateaux or the humble jelly. As the costs of going half board were good, it did mean that if we didnt fancy something on the menu, we didnt mind going out of the hotel to eat. Having said that this only happened on one occasion.

We did notice some cats around the hotel but they didnt bother the guests and were not actually in the hotel. This is typical of the area or actually any suburban street in the uk.

So in a nutshell, the Nereus provides good value for money, the staff were very friendly, the drinks prices were great and yes I would visit again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank AnnetteMiltonKeynes
liverpool
Reviewed 20 August 2009

I have recently been married in Paphos and my mum and dad were supposed to stay at this hotel for two weeks. As soon as I went to visit them I arranged for them to moved because it was horrible, The corridors are dark and dingy, the rooms are tiny and dated and the bathroon was the smallest bathroom I had ever seen, don't even get me started on the so call balacony!!! It was not worth the £1400 they had paid, I have stayed in many 2* hotels during my 18-30's hols but none of them were as bad as this hotel. I can see people really like it here so the atmosphere and location obviously attract people but the quality of accommodation is poor.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsFLiverpool
ESSEX
Reviewed 6 August 2009

GOOD LOCATION, GREAT VALUE, SUPER STAFF. Get 19 litre bottle of water for the hot/cold dispenser. Get debit card that does not charge for currency exchanges. Cannot wait to get back, Pound looks to be getting stronger than Euro.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank steveq3
Yorkshire Leeds
Reviewed 29 July 2009

My husband and I have just returned from a very hot holiday,staying at the Nereus Hotel, We chose this hotel because we came for a friends wedding, and this hotel is near the beautiful church, we also chose this hotel because it was cheap, not wanting to spend lots of money on a holiday we did not choose for ourselves. If you are looking for a basic two star hotel close to a million shops,and lots of night life, this is the place for you. The hotel is basic very basic, tiny rooms and in need of updating. We went on a b+b basis so we only ate breakfast in the hotel, it was just ok nothing special, no nice breads or pastries and the orange juice was diluted just a bit too much. Before you go make sure that you have paid up front for air conditioning if not it will cost 4£ a day . You can have a water cooler for 9£ for 19 ltr it is well worth it as bottle water is not cheap.You also have to pay for the use of a safe and a deposit which is returnable. In the two weeks that we were there we only saw two cats, but that maybe because we never stayed in and around the pool like most people did, We did not see any insects of any kind at the hotel ever. The rooms and bedding are cleaned on a daily basis, but the towels are hard.. The hotel is bigger than I though ,it has two sun decks as well as two pools with sun bathing areas, but a shortage of sunbeds, so if you are not an early riser forget it. Dont get any money changed at the hotel as its a very poor rate, look around and you will find much better options. If you know up front that you need to have the room past 12 o/clock on your departure date pay up front as its cheaper than paying 25£ for a couple of hours on the day. ( as its only about 20£ a day to stay anyway) We hired a jeep for the holidays but checked around for prices we got quotes from 48£ - 20£ a day we chose the 20 dont let the holiday rep fool you. When out and about people on motor bikes stop you to try to give you scratch cards they are really time share people and you end up in a meeting for 90 minutes.
It you want a really nice meal go to st pauls pillar its very nice and the people who run it are great, Also try Adalaina's near the Aleo hotel its great. It you go to the Tomb of Kings the area is vast with no shade so take a hat and plenty of sun cream.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple