My husband and I recently stayed at the Athena Beach Hotel between 15-29 April 2012. We stayed here for our wedding which was on 20 April and spent our honeymoon there too.
Firstly, the hotel overall is absolutely superb and deserves a 5 star rating! The location and scenery are perfect, only 20-25 mins walk into the main harbour area, the rooms are lovely with comfy beds and are kept clean everyday - but the most remarkable thing about this hotel is the customer service - myself and my husband, and our 40+ wedding guests were blown away by the excellent quality of customer care and service. Every need was taken care of with a smile, and we didn't come across any member of staff who was not more than willing to help with any request big or small.
The staff were extremely polite and from the first moment entering the hotel we were just so gobsmacked by the excellent treatment we received - as a wedding couple we were greeted by the hotel manager when we arrived (shattered at 12am!), who brought us 2 glasses of champagne and the porter took our luggage & guided us to our lovely superior room overlooking the beach & sea.
The hotel facilities are first class with lots of entertainment, restaurants and bars. The food was fantastic and there is so much choice at reasonable prices too. We would highly recommend the Atrium restaurant which offers buffet dining, or the private Zephyr restaurant where we dined a few times which was by candlelight - very quiet and romantic. Odile the superior room manager and the staff in the Zephyr restaurant were brilliant and so helpful and polite.
Now for our wedding ... last but not least! A huge thank you to Jayne Davies, the hotel wedding manager for being an amazing support, before, during and after our wedding. No request was too difficult and Jayne was so organised with everything she really put us at ease (especially me who was stressing out!). Plus she's so personable and friendly! Our wedding day was wonderful thanks to Jayne and the staff & management at the Athena Beach Hotel and a day that we will cherish forever. All of our guests were impressed by the food for our wedding reception which had so much choice even for kids. Our ceremony was lovely in the private Persefoni gazebo overlooking the beach and the med sea - it was serene.
We would highly recommend this hotel for a general holiday, but most importantly, if you want a fantastic wedding and honeymoon then this is the place to have it!
We will most definitely be returning in the near future - and so will many of our wedding guests who truly enjoyed their stay.
Thank you once again to Jayne for making our wedding day so special and to the all the staff for making our holiday & honeymoon so pleasant and enjoyable!
Mr & Mrs Simpson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel is a four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos within easy walking distance from the picturesque harbour, the archaeological sites, the shops and the nightlife. A bus stop is just outside the hotel and taxis are always available. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests. The resort is situated 15 km away from the Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. Also within short driving distance are two super golf courses. All the rooms feature spacious balconies offering beautiful views of the Mediterranean or of the hotel's tranquil gardens, as well as luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower, Simmons(R) Luxury Beds and floor to ceiling windows. Room facilities include among others: air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, ironing facilities, safety deposit box as well as tea and coffee making facilities. The leisure facilities of this hotel include 3 freshwater swimming and 2 paddling pools (one of each type heated), a waterslide, one heated indoor pool, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, floodlit tennis courts, a 24-rink indoor and outdoor Bowls Green facilities, mini golf and a children's playground with Kids Club. In the hotel's Elixir Spa, a total area of 800m2, there is a heated pool, 2 Couples Suites, 2 saunas, 2 steam baths, a fully equipped and spacious gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages and body therapies, aromatherapy and other treatments are also available to help relax and rejuvenate. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Athena Beach
- Athena Beach Hotel Paphos
- Athena Beach Hotel Cyprus
- Athena Beach Paphos