Stayed here with my daughter for a week in early May. Had booked a Seaview Deluxe Terrace Room as a surprise for her as it looked amazing on the hotel website. I booked direct with the hotel rather than a tour operator as I thought this would make sure everything was perfect.
1. We had to locate our own room (374) - hotel info says you will be escorted to superior rooms.
2. Room was made up as a double despite me telling hotel info it was for mother & daughter ie. twin required. (They did pick up on this and ask if we wanted it changing but we said it was ok).
3. Info promised fruit and wine on arrival - there were none in room. (I had to ring reception to chase after it had still not arrived 24hrs after our arrival). It was brought to room pretty promptly.
4. Stepped onto terrace expecting a cushioned wicker settee, chair and coffee table and a terrace adorned with colourful plants (looked gorgeous on the website!)- found two sunloungers, two single beds and a metal table with 2 chairs - no greenery or flowers. (ONE pot plant arrived on the 6th day of our holiday!) Disappointed...? Just a lot!! don't get me wrong, the terrace was huge and the view was great but instead of smart stylish furniture and lots of colour it was grey and drab.
Plus points: Great location, excellent food (could not be faulted in any way), excellent service in the dining rooms, superior breakfast room superb, friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere, gorgeous products in the bathroom, and the most comfy beds we have ever slept in!!
Minus: As listed above plus:
1. I was allocated a locker with a broken lock in spa changing room when I had a treatment.
2. Cashier on front desk did not ask me when I arrived if I wanted to pay in sterling or euros. When I queried this (I overheard her telling another guest that it was much cheaper to pay in sterling!!) she said that she 'always' asks...she did NOT ask me!! I was simply told that as my transaction had been completed it was too late.
3. No wifi info in room. When my daughter asked at reception no-one had the info or was able to help her so they told her to come back later!
Incidentally, I raised my main points in the guest questionnaire and in a separate note to the General Manager on my departure on 13 May and after chasing a response received one from them two and a half weeks later.
In summary, Athena Beach is a good hotel but I just feel disappointed that I paid a considerable amount of money for what appeared to be one of the best rooms in the hotel (there are only 7 of these) and through lack of attention to detail (and a misleading photo on their website) I did not feel I got what I had paid for. An improvement is required in this area together with a need for some staff training on the front desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel is a four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos within easy walking distance from the picturesque harbour, the archaeological sites, the shops and the nightlife. A bus stop is just outside the hotel and taxis are always available. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests. The resort is situated 15 km away from the Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. Also within short driving distance are two super golf courses. All the rooms feature spacious balconies offering beautiful views of the Mediterranean or of the hotel's tranquil gardens, as well as luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower, Simmons(R) Luxury Beds and floor to ceiling windows. Room facilities include among others: air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, ironing facilities, safety deposit box as well as tea and coffee making facilities. The leisure facilities of this hotel include 3 freshwater swimming and 2 paddling pools (one of each type heated), a waterslide, one heated indoor pool, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, floodlit tennis courts, a 24-rink indoor and outdoor Bowls Green facilities, mini golf and a children's playground with Kids Club. In the hotel's Elixir Spa, a total area of 800m2, there is a heated pool, 2 Couples Suites, 2 saunas, 2 steam baths, a fully equipped and spacious gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages and body therapies, aromatherapy and other treatments are also available to help relax and rejuvenate. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Bookcyprus.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Athena Beach
- Athena Beach Hotel Paphos
- Athena Beach Hotel Cyprus
- Athena Beach Paphos