“Fantastic hotel - Perfect wedding venue”

Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel
Ranked #24 of 90 Hotels in Paphos
Liverpool
“Fantastic hotel - Perfect wedding venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

I stayed at the Athena Beach between 19th June - 3rd July 2012! This hotel has to be one of the best hotels we've stayed in. The customer service is 1st class, the rooms are fantastic and the hotel grounds and pools are amazing.

Wedding-
I got married here June 2012 with 16 Guests, the hotels wedding planner Jayne is the nicest and most efficient person you'll ever meet. Jayne takes away all your worries and creates a perfect day for you both. Nothing is too much trouble, she really is fantastic. If your debating whether to get married here then I can assure you it is amazing we booked direct with Jayne at the hotel. We married in the gazebo in the grounds, this was decorated very tastefully by Jayne and her team, it's such a romantic place. It is next to a children's play area but no children were there but I wouldn't worry about this, it's Also flanked with a hedgerow so it's also secluded to a degree. The area in front does not have any sunbeds on so no risk of partially clothed sun worshipers in your shots. It really exceeded my expectations. If your looking for a photographer then Paul Jones is your man - fantastic!!!! He will really look after you and create the must amazing photographs, plus you can have a real laugh with him! Great guy!!

Staff-
Staff at the Athena are the best I ave ever come across. They actually care and want to look after you, make your stay the best! This makes this hotel one above all the rest. I had the unfortunate of avng to go to hospital a couple of days before my wedding. Kornelia (I think) is a fab assest to this hotel, she is warm, friendly and such a lovely person! She arranged for me to go the hospital to get checked out. Everyday she asked how I was, I wasn't just anther tourist she actually cared for her guests! Kornelia, Jayne and all the ther staff (Maids, waiters/waitresses, pool staff, reception etc) are fantastic! I really can't praise them enough, they will all go out of their way to make your stay as fantastic as possible.

Hotel-
As we got married here we were upgraded to a superior suite, this room comprised of 2 rooms. One room with dining table, sofa, LCD tv and DVD, and bathroom with own balcony. The second room having the comfiest bed ever, LCD tv, wardrobe with Ron and ironing board, tea ad coffee machine, fridge, dressing take with small hair dryer bt I'd advise taking your own and bathroom! Best shower I've ever had!! Rooms are cleaned daily, tea and coffee replenished daily too. No need to take pool and beach towels are these are provided. The hotel grounds are the nicest I've ever seen! There are a number of sunbeds around the pool and garden but also on the hotels private beach. Sun loungers are very comfortable. The walk to Paphos is very pleasant along the coast, takes about 20-25 mins or so, but you get to see all the other hotels on the way and see how fantastic this hotel is!! Our guests had standard rooms with pool/sea view rooms! These were very spacious also and had all you need! I'd definitely recommend A pool view from 2nd floor upwards!!

Food-
Food here is fantastic, a variety every night! There are theme nights with the greek night the best! You are spoiled for choice with food, every nationality is catered for! Breakfasts are varied too! My husband loved the omelettes that are prepared fesh in front of you. Highly recommend going half board and above!

Overall, I cannot recommend this hotel enough, if your thinking of getting married here then do!! Jayne will really look after you and make your day as perfect as ever! We will definitely be returning to this hotel and so will our guess!

Thank you for such an amazing wedding day!
Mr & Mrs Robertson from Liverpool

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank EmmaRobo84

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (884)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
hutton essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

Traveled with my wife and 14 year old daughter end of July for 14 days. Booked with Thompson flight from stanstead was excellent. Transfer from airport not so good waited on coach for 30 mins.on arrival was given room number 250 which is a sea view room at an additional cost of £500. This room was not acceptable to my family as the view we got was just the roof of the restaurant, we were advised that the hotel was 90% full and the only other sea view room available was room 3103 This room however had a smaller balcony and was mostly in the shade. I would advise not to bother upgrading and paying £500 extra for a crap view of the pool and sea. We were not contacted during our holiday regarding our disappointment and not offered another room during our stay. as most of the other reviews mention this hotel has a very high percentage of repeat customers and I can understand way. The service from all the staff was extremely good.food excellent and pool area very clean. The hotel does have a policy about no balls/ inflatables in the pool which I agree with and have experienced before at other hotels. How ever a number of guests found this to be quite annoying once they had purchased their inflatable from the hotel shop to be told they could not use them by the pool attendant. On a number of occasions this caused a heated argument between guest and pool attendant. The thing that made this holiday for our family was however meeting some of the nicest guest that I have experience before. My 14 year old daughter made friends with the majority of the other teenagers who got along with each other and were of different nationality. A big mention should also go to menia who oversees the activities during the day which include putting, darts, French bowls,table tennis,water aerobics and shuffle board. Menia has a excellent way with the guests and a incredible ability to remember every persons name once she meets you. If u are looking for a clean well run hotel with good food good location and excellent weather then this one is for you. How ever I think if we return to paphos we will stay at the Alexander the great as we did a few years ago once it has had its refurbishments.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

Me and my sister, both in our 20's stayed here in July this year and had a really nice holiday! We stayed on a B&B basis, and the breakfasts in the morning were unbelievable! It was a buffet which served anything you could ever think of, as well as chefs cooking eggs, waffles, pancakes etc to order.

The outdoor facilities were brilliant- you had a choice of sunloungers either by the pool, on the grassed area, or the beach which are all next to eachother. Saying that, good luck to find a lounger by the pool, people clearly get out there very early to save them! So far as getting to the Marina is, people say it's walkable, but it would take you a fair time. You are better off getting the bus which stops outside for 1 euro.

The rooms were very nice, beds are amazing comfortable. Rooms are cleaned everyday to a high standard.

The staff are brilliant, very friendly, and are quick to help you, and serve you drinks etc.

Overall a very nice holiday! Only criticims would be that if you are on a B&B basis and wanted to eat in the hotel one evening, its very expensive. Also, the snack bar by the pool isn't great.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank reviewreview123
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

Just arrived back from the Athena Beach Hotel. Couldnt fault the Hotel, The staff were exeptional, very friendy, hardworking and helpful. Hotel was spotless, food was good and a good choice. The grounds and surrounding areas were beautiful. Would certainly return and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank hallamjoe
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

Staff so friendly and efficient. Resort lovely. The kids had a brilliant time. The food was tremendous with great variety of restaurants and a wide selection of foods. I would recommend this wonderful resort to anyone. There was not a single negative.

• Stayed August 2011
7 Thank Harriet M
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

This review is a bit late as myself and partner stayed at the Athena Beach in June 2011 but I thought it definitely deserved a review.
My partner booked this as a birthday present forr my 40th last year and from the day we flew out to Paphos on the actual day of my birthday to the day we returned I had the most fantastic time. I have been to Cyprus 3 times previously and one of those occasions to Paphos, however this holiday blew the rest out of the water. We had booked a sea view room and were given a room on the second floor overlooking the outdoor dining area, pool and looking out to sea, we also got full sun on the balcony in the afternoon until sunset which was fantastic. We used to spend the day lounging in the beautiful lawned area close to the poolside bar and then chill out in the sun on the balcony with a bowl of olives and a bottle of wine that had been chilling in the fridge all day. Perfect way to end the day before a night out and catch the last sun rays before watching the sun set.
We had only booked bed and breakfast so I can only comment on the food at breakfast as we ate out every evening but it was very nice, loads of choice, some strange options like courgettes and other vegetables but all the usual stuff like cold meats, cheeses, pastries, cereals, lots of different breads and my favourite, the omelette station. My other favourite breakfast option was the weekly champagne breakfast, with a seemingly endless supply of bubbly and it was not for the want of trying to drink the place out of the stuff!! One particular morning whilst deciding that I should still be celebrating my 40th, my partner was forced to distribute my empty glasses between the other tables in the outside dining area to avoid any embarrassment. Wouldn't want to start every day tipsy but it was fun.
The walk between the beach and the hotels that takes you into Paphos harbour is a really nice walk and I have to say that although some of the other hotels may have been slighty more modern and probably had better rooms, that the outside area at the Athena Beach Hotel was by far the nicest and the sunbeds were much better spaced. We never had anyone right next to us when we were sunbathing, unlike some of the other hotels that had the sunbeds lined up, half an inch apart. The pool was lovely which is good as the beach isn't the best, a bit rocky for me and the sea was a bit choppy but I would say that this was the only thing close to a negative for me. The outside bar area for cocktails in the evening was lovely as it had a fantastic view of the pool and garden area. The hotel staff were friendly and the waiters laying the tables ready for breakfast didn't even mind when we stumbled back to the hotel at 5.00 am after a night out and on entering the hotel grounds found that we were unable to get in, so had to tap on the windows, shoes in hand and ask them to let us in through the dining room.

All in all, a fantastic holiday an unforgettable birthday, great weather every day and somewhere I wouldn't hesitate to return to.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Paula H
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

Just returned from a very relaxing two weeks at the Athena beach, with my parents,husband and children . This hotel is perfect within the most beautiful grounds. The location is about a 20 min pleasent walk through the grounds of other hotels in th area from the harbor of phapos and the hotel is a very good quality 4 star. The rooms are clean and comfortable with a fridge and flat screen tv with a lovely large balcony ( if you can brave the heat). Air con is free and a must. The food was fanastic with a good choice for everyone. We never had any problems getting a sunbed and the beds were well spread out so unlike some of the other hotels in the area you were not all crammed on top of each other.Having been to cyprus 5 times before this was by far the best quality hotel we have stayed in and in our opinion having called into most of the hotels along this strip the best choice.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family