Got back last night from a week at the Athena Beach. Everythuing was excellent. We went with my in-laws and a group of Suez Veterans so we were the youngest in the party. We had a superior room option which gave the usual fruit and wine in the room, free coffee machine and the use of a 'nicer', quietr dining room. Foo is collected from the main dining room andf there is a HUGE selection: I am not sure what the previous reviewer was on about when he said there was a poor selection!
The staff are all very pleasant and cannot do enough for you. The hotel was due to close for winter refurbishments the next week but apart from a thinning of the sun loungers there was no feeling of things beig wound down.
Our room was at one end of the hotel (302) which gve an excellent view of the se and gardens. However it was a good hike from the core of the hotel, so lifts, dining, bars (therefore quiet!) etc. However there was easy (once we found it!) accessto the beach and gradens via a fire exit that could be opened from outside to get back in.
Wherever you stay walk round to the back of Debenhams in Paphos Harbour: There i a beatiful church set amidst the ruins of a Greek temple with level walkways and it's ttally free! A hidden gem.
Excellent bus services; EUR 5.00 gets you anywhere all day, hop on - hop off!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel is a four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos within easy walking distance from the picturesque harbour, the archaeological sites, the shops and the nightlife. A bus stop is just outside the hotel and taxis are always available. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests. The resort is situated 15 km away from the Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. Also within short driving distance are two super golf courses. All the rooms feature spacious balconies offering beautiful views of the Mediterranean or of the hotel's tranquil gardens, as well as luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower, Simmons(R) Luxury Beds and floor to ceiling windows. Room facilities include among others: air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, ironing facilities, safety deposit box as well as tea and coffee making facilities. The leisure facilities of this hotel include 3 freshwater swimming and 2 paddling pools (one of each type heated), a waterslide, one heated indoor pool, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, floodlit tennis courts, a 24-rink indoor and outdoor Bowls Green facilities, mini golf and a children's playground with Kids Club. In the hotel's Elixir Spa, a total area of 800m2, there is a heated pool, 2 Couples Suites, 2 saunas, 2 steam baths, a fully equipped and spacious gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages and body therapies, aromatherapy and other treatments are also available to help relax and rejuvenate. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Bookcyprus.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Athena Beach
- Athena Beach Hotel Paphos
- Athena Beach Hotel Cyprus
- Athena Beach Paphos