We booked a last minute week with Thomson Holidays to the Athena Beach in Paphos on the recommendation of our local travel agent and after reading such good overall reviews on Trip Advisor. I took the advice of some reviewers and requested a quiet standard sea view room higher up and we were on the third floor away from the main building with bar, evening entertainment, etc, in room 311. However, with the window open, we were woken up at 4 a.m. each morning with the restaurant staff laying the breakfast crockery on the outside tables near our room. I was impressed with the high standards of housekeeping in the room and in the communal areas. The food was also excellent in quality, variety and basically something for everyone's tastes and foibles! The staff in every department were lovely and seemed to genuinely enjoy their jobs; none of the forced smiles and "have a nice day"! Great idea to have the little supermarket downstairs for purchasing water and other incidentals. I had a deep tissue massage in the spa, which is one of the best massages I've had, but didn't know whether to laugh or cry at the time - not for the faint hearted! The only complaint I had was that I needed to stay in touch using WiFi, for which there was a charge of €12 for 4 hours. This wouldn't have been so bad, although I don't know why any hotel charges these days, but it was painful to connect in the room, so had to go to the lounge where the signal was stronger. But overall a minor point. When we were there, there were loads of British having a great time, mostly making friends via the bowling on offer. There was also a large group of Germans there for the half marathon. The hotel was about half full with 400 guests, mainly elderly, and the main restaurant was busy, but everything worked like clockwork. It was amazing to see hundreds of people in the restaurant, but a quiet buzz of conversation and all very civilised. We went on half board basis with the idea to eat out a couple of times, but enjoyed the food so much, we didn't bother. Thoroughly enjoyable week and would go back again definitely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel is a four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos within easy walking distance from the picturesque harbour, the archaeological sites, the shops and the nightlife. A bus stop is just outside the hotel and taxis are always available. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests. The resort is situated 15 km away from the Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. Also within short driving distance are two super golf courses. All the rooms feature spacious balconies offering beautiful views of the Mediterranean or of the hotel's tranquil gardens, as well as luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower, Simmons(R) Luxury Beds and floor to ceiling windows. Room facilities include among others: air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, ironing facilities, safety deposit box as well as tea and coffee making facilities. The leisure facilities of this hotel include 3 freshwater swimming and 2 paddling pools (one of each type heated), a waterslide, one heated indoor pool, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, floodlit tennis courts, a 24-rink indoor and outdoor Bowls Green facilities, mini golf and a children's playground with Kids Club. In the hotel's Elixir Spa, a total area of 800m2, there is a heated pool, 2 Couples Suites, 2 saunas, 2 steam baths, a fully equipped and spacious gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages and body therapies, aromatherapy and other treatments are also available to help relax and rejuvenate. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, HRS, Destinology and Holiday Gems so you can book your Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Athena Beach
- Athena Beach Hotel Paphos
- Athena Beach Hotel Cyprus
- Athena Beach Paphos