My wife and I have just returned from a 10 night stay at the Athena Beach Beach hotel in Paphos, Cyprus. This was our 10th visit to this hotel, the last time, 2 years ago was disappointing as standards had dropped. Following reviews earlier this year on Trip Advisor we decided to give it another try. How pleased we were to discover the standards have returned to their previous levels and we could not fault anything about this holiday. The service from all the staff was first class and nothing was too much trouble. They were all friendly, attentive and very helpful and knowledgeable. It was pleasing to see the return of the old Maitre'D in the restaurant and see the existing staff again Daniel, Iolena and Marina still there looking after us attentively and deserving of a special mention. Stavros the bar manager has returned and he is like a breath of fresh air breathing be life in to a previously dated venue. The entertainment is good every night with Anastasiou on the most with his various tributes through e ages. The Management wouldn't be asking him to turn the music down when everyone is enjoying themselves though. He is there to entertain and that is what he does very well.
The food in the restaurants we ate in was excellent again with plenty of choice and well cooked. The swimming pools and beach areas are well attended and there are plenty of sun loungers available all day so there's no need to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve your space!!!
Management at the hotel organised a cocktail evening where you could meet them all and also all the other guests which was a good way of meeting and mingling.
There is a happy hour every evening from 7-00 to 8-00 where all alcoholic drinks are 1/2 price.This was very popular with us !!!
All in all this hotel has everything you could wish for and if you didn't want to venture anywhere then you wouldn't have to. We went on a half board basis and if you wanted to eat out in the evening you can swap your evening meal for lunch in the hotel which we find is good as we like eating at local restaurants
A big thank you to everyone at the Athena Beach for making us so welcome and for an absolutely wonderful break. We look forward to coming back again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel is a four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos within easy walking distance from the picturesque harbour, the archaeological sites, the shops and the nightlife. A bus stop is just outside the hotel and taxis are always available. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests. The resort is situated 15 km away from the Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. Also within short driving distance are two super golf courses. All the rooms feature spacious balconies offering beautiful views of the Mediterranean or of the hotel's tranquil gardens, as well as luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower, Simmons(R) Luxury Beds and floor to ceiling windows. Room facilities include among others: air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, ironing facilities, safety deposit box as well as tea and coffee making facilities. The leisure facilities of this hotel include 3 freshwater swimming and 2 paddling pools (one of each type heated), a waterslide, one heated indoor pool, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, floodlit tennis courts, a 24-rink indoor and outdoor Bowls Green facilities, mini golf and a children's playground with Kids Club. In the hotel's Elixir Spa, a total area of 800m2, there is a heated pool, 2 Couples Suites, 2 saunas, 2 steam baths, a fully equipped and spacious gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages and body therapies, aromatherapy and other treatments are also available to help relax and rejuvenate. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Odigeo and Southall Travel so you can book your Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Athena Beach
- Athena Beach Hotel Paphos
- Athena Beach Hotel Cyprus
- Athena Beach Paphos