We spent 10 nights holiday at Athena Beach Hotel ( bed and breakfast). It is a very big hotel with over 450 rooms but plenty of sun beds any time of the day. Housekeeping provides beach towels in the rooms so you don't need to bring one. Towels are also being replaced on a daily basis. The rooms are in general clean but I wouldn't say spotless clean as the bottom of the bath in # 196 was brown on arrival and stayed brown for the whole 10 days we spent there, although not a major issue but it could had done with a bit of scrubing.
We requested king size bed which was basicly two twin beds connected with a bed sheet . Not the best connection perhaps as the beds eventually ended up with a hole inbetween them. Also not a big issue although i would have expected more attention to details for that price.
The breakfast is really nice with a lot of selection and you can also have pan cakes and omlettes. One one occasion there was even champagne breakfast. If you want to have breakfast in bed be prepared - you can only order continental breakfast which will consist on bread, butter, jam and coffee. Anything else you want you have to pay for even if you have already paid for bed and breakfast rate. There will be also a delivery charge of 3.50 Euro.
There is a supermarket next to the main breakfast room but unless you are really desperate avoid it by all means as prices are much more expensive then in the UK. Same goes to the rest of the supermarkets inthe area. The only good one is near the harbour.
The beach bar at the hotel is good and you can have some light bites . The Helios pizza from the beach bar menu is very tasty and fresh. They also serve local beers - 3,50 Euro for a pint.
There are a few restaurants around the hotel in case if you chose to eat out and many restaurants located around the Harbour . Many people wrote about the Harbour being 15 minutes walk, but i would say it's more like 25-30 minutes walk inthe heat ( 35-40 degrees) and if you happen to be wearing high heels it gets even worse. In regards to this you might think of renting a car ( costs 20 Euro / day) .
A very nice restaurant by the harbour is "Tea for two" - lots of choise and lovely big meals at affordable prices.
Also another very good thing about Paphos is all the jewellery shops with a great selection , quality and very good prices. So in case if you happen to need diamonds this is the place to go .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel is a four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos within easy walking distance from the picturesque harbour, the archaeological sites, the shops and the nightlife. A bus stop is just outside the hotel and taxis are always available. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests. The resort is situated 15 km away from the Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. Also within short driving distance are two super golf courses. All the rooms feature spacious balconies offering beautiful views of the Mediterranean or of the hotel's tranquil gardens, as well as luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower, Simmons(R) Luxury Beds and floor to ceiling windows. Room facilities include among others: air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, ironing facilities, safety deposit box as well as tea and coffee making facilities. The leisure facilities of this hotel include 3 freshwater swimming and 2 paddling pools (one of each type heated), a waterslide, one heated indoor pool, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, floodlit tennis courts, a 24-rink indoor and outdoor Bowls Green facilities, mini golf and a children's playground with Kids Club. In the hotel's Elixir Spa, a total area of 800m2, there is a heated pool, 2 Couples Suites, 2 saunas, 2 steam baths, a fully equipped and spacious gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages and body therapies, aromatherapy and other treatments are also available to help relax and rejuvenate. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Southall Travel, Odigeo, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Athena Beach
- Athena Beach Hotel Paphos
- Athena Beach Hotel Cyprus
- Athena Beach Paphos