We booked our wedding through an independant broker who reccommended this hotel as a potential spot for our dream wedding abroad. Obviously when booking a wedding abroad i had a few reservations but our broker and the wedding planner at the hotel reassured me and i had regular contact and updates from them. Our room was exellent and the views of the sea were very romantic and would definately reccommend paying slightly more to have a sea view room. I must admit though, the rooms are ever so slightly dated and did need a little re-vamping but were more than we expected anyway. The only othe niggle was that the hotel was huge so it took a while to get to our room as we were right at the end of the hotel with having a sea view room, but we got used to the walk. The pool was very nice and was clean and the hotel was very child friendly. There wasnt that much to do for children around the hotel but there were water parks and trips to provide entertainment.
The food was also very nice and would definately reccomend going half board at least as a meal in the town for two adults and a child can get quite expensive. There was a huge selection of food from the buffets and food was never left out too long which ive always been a bit picky about!
Leading up to our wedding we were treated like royalty and were given lots of support by the wedding planner, who thankfully, was english! Also, all reps from loads of travel companies were on hand at specific times when needed.
We were taken via limo to the town hall to sign our paperwork and the registrar was lovely and very helpful. We had our wedding at 5pm and everything went smoothly. We were given champagne and waiter service all night as compliments from the hotel. Our wedding breakfast was also fabulous and couldnt of asked for a better day! We also enjoyed the breakfast in bed we were brought the next morning.
All in all i thought the hotel was great, there were better hotels further up but felt that ours offered us everything we wanted.
Niggles:- Very quiet and possibly not the best place for children during non-busy periods. There are lots of bars and pubs but some werent open, even though it was May which isnt that far from Summer busy periods.
Sometimes it took a while for the Reception staff to understand what we were wanting when we made enquiries about anything.
In quiter months, the hotels are full of old people! :-)
Excellent holliday.... would reccommend and would definately return during the summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel is a four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos within easy walking distance from the picturesque harbour, the archaeological sites, the shops and the nightlife. A bus stop is just outside the hotel and taxis are always available. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests. The resort is situated 15 km away from the Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. Also within short driving distance are two super golf courses. All the rooms feature spacious balconies offering beautiful views of the Mediterranean or of the hotel's tranquil gardens, as well as luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower, Simmons(R) Luxury Beds and floor to ceiling windows. Room facilities include among others: air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, ironing facilities, safety deposit box as well as tea and coffee making facilities. The leisure facilities of this hotel include 3 freshwater swimming and 2 paddling pools (one of each type heated), a waterslide, one heated indoor pool, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, floodlit tennis courts, a 24-rink indoor and outdoor Bowls Green facilities, mini golf and a children's playground with Kids Club. In the hotel's Elixir Spa, a total area of 800m2, there is a heated pool, 2 Couples Suites, 2 saunas, 2 steam baths, a fully equipped and spacious gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages and body therapies, aromatherapy and other treatments are also available to help relax and rejuvenate. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Constantinou Bros Athena Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Athena Beach
- Athena Beach Hotel Paphos
- Athena Beach Hotel Cyprus
- Athena Beach Paphos