“I want to let you all in on a secret. I...”
Review of Helios Bay Hotel

Helios Bay Hotel
Ranked #18 of 84 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed 3 September 2010

I want to let you all in on a secret. I found my little place of paradise that I can't keep away from. I love this place which I have been coming to for the last 10 years. The owners I now consider friends. It's not posh, it's not fancy, but it has everything I want in a holiday. It's a 5 minute bus ride away from both Pahos and Coral Bay, but far enough away to not be noisy at night. There are excellent restaurants and bars next door (so if you wish, you don't have to travel). The pool bar serves excellent food and drink at very competitive prices.
Every year I have found the staff to be friendly and helpful, with this year being even better than previous years.
The next question I have to answer in this survey is would I recommend this hotel to a friend. Well I have, several times. And they've gone back more than once.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank Atrima41

Reviewed 2 September 2010

We have just returned from our trip to this hotel, four adults and two children aged 5 and 10. We have had a fantastic time. The hotel is situated between Paphos and Coral Bay and handy to get to both by bus 1 Euro each and the kids were free. There are a few good restaurants and bars close by though, in particular Kasparis Restaurant which serves fantastic cypriot cuisine at a reasonable price. Also worth mentioning is the Caravelle and if you fancy indian food the Poppodom Indian Restaurant was excellent although a bit pricey. If you prefer english food the Blue Eyes Restaurant and bar served good english food and on some nights entertainment, in particular they do a Frank Sinatra night once a fortnight which was very good.
The Hotel itself was very clean with maid service every day in your room. As its not a large hotel there was never a fight for a sunbed which is heaven in the height of the season. The bar staff, especially Tiga and Prya were fantastic, especially with the kids, they always gave us a warm welcome and looked after us for all of our stay...THANK YOU :)
The Hotel is also right by the sea, with just a short walk down to a small beach. Just be careful though in the sea, as its quite rough and you have to watch the children constantly.
We would definately go back and would recommend to any families looking for a relaxing holiday in the sun.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Had a wonderful time at the Helios Bay. Lovely quiet hotel in a great location. Great to have no mini disco, or kids club or constant entertainment, just nice and relaxing. Plenty of Cypriots staying which was a good sign and no fight for sunbeds, plenty to go round. The kids were in the pool virtually from dusk till dawn. The cleanliness was exceptional in all areas which is very important to us when going away. The apartment was comfortable and plenty of space for the 4 of us. One minor point was that a few details were overlooked i.e. door of ice box fell off every time fridge was opened, we only had 3 forks and 2 mis matched wine glasses and the toaster and tin opener didn't work. However can overlook these points as the accommodation and friendly staff more than made up for them. The restaurant has lovely views and great cocktails! Food is reasonably priced and of good quality although a bit samey in content. The Monday night Cypriot BBQ food was nice but I do think the food should be labelled. It was dark where the food was laid out and we couldn't see what we were eating which meant my son who has a serious allergy, just had chips The best meals we ate were at the Sienna restaurant next door, exceptional food and service. Forget the pricey local kiosks and mini supermarkets, get the bus into Paphos only 1 euro each way, and go to the enormous supermarket almost opposite Debenhams, everything at a fraction of the price. Fantastic holiday, would love to go back!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2010

I went there at august with my family.I was impressed with the cleaness of the appartment and how big it was!!! we spent i nice time there, air-conditioned , clean rooms, nice pool. the only thing i didn't like is the playground. It was dirty, full of leaves and dust. Also the prices of the pool bar were a bit expensive, especially for a family, 3.40 euros a tost with cheese-ham.
The breackfast has no variaty so we prefered bying from the supermarket coffee and something to eat.
there the beach is rocky but near is other beaches for swimming

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2010

I booked this hotel for my boyfriend and I after reading the good reviews and I'm very glad I did!
We wanted a quiet break away and we were incredibly impressed with this hotel.
The room was spacious, clean and we had a lovely terrace from which we could just about see the sea. The pool is large and there are plenty of sun loungers to go round!
We both loved the pool bar (the cocktails were great) and they had a decent selection of foods - we generally ate there for a cheap, filling lunch.
The grounds are beautiful and although the beach is rocky, the view from the hotel is stunning.
The hotel is inbetween Paphos and Coral Bay, and there is a handy bus service which runs in both directions (1 euro a ride).
There are also a small selection of restuarants next to the hotel, we ate at Widsom restuarant and found the food to be excellent, and very cheap for what you got! The waiters at Wisdom are extremely hospitable and I would highly recommend a meal here!
There are also a few kiosks dotted outside the hotel (walk for about 5 minutes in the direction of Paphos and there is a cheap kiosk with all the essentials you'd need).
All in all I found this holiday to be thoroughly enjoyable and will definitely be returning next summer!! So if you want a quiet, relaxing hotel in a beautiful setting I'd advise you stay here!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LauraK20
Reviewed 21 July 2010

I stayed in Helios Bay in the last days of May with my wife. It's a very relaxing place, with a great view of the sea. Don't expect to have nice beaches next to the hotel because there aren't, but Paphos or Coral Bay are not far so, if you want to enjoy the sea, it's better to go there. On the other hand the hotel has a good swimming pool and an open area to sunbathe. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I enjoyed a wonderful stay there and I recommend it for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gonzalo56
Reviewed 20 July 2010

Just got back and rarely write reviews, but thought this was definitely worth it. As others have said Nikos & family do their utmost to help yet still manage to keep a relaxing distance. The hotel is very clean through out, the pool & restaurant are imaculate, gardens are well mentained. The view is just stunning, we found ourselves mesmerized by the orange glow of the sunset every night.
Would thoroughly recommend their BBQ nights too, the food is made by the family, and really is like going on a traditional Cypriot BBQ.
Quick note for those with Babies, we have a one and a half year old and she was well catered for, the kiddies pool was excellent and the travel cot supplied seemed brand new.
In summery its not a five star resort, but for what it is, its one of the best we've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family