“Best 3* hotel we have stayed in”

Paphos Gardens Holiday Resort
Ranked #43 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed at Paphos Gardens from 23/06/12 to 7/07/12. After reading some of the previous reviews I was a bit wary of what we were going to walk into but the whole complex is lovely, I generally think people are expecting too much its a 3* they have paid for not a 5*!!

We paid for a room only as we were bed and breakfast so I was expecting to be put in a hotel room, but when we were taken to our room we had been put in an apartment block (Narcissus). The room was modern, very clean and it actually had a fitted kitchen with a fridge in it which was a bonus as the travel agents were going to charge around 150 pound extra to guarantee us a fridge! The air con was included and you could have it on 24 hours if you wanted as it continued to work when you took the key fob out even though we were told it wouldnt! The maids cleaned and changed the towels every day- I have never known this happen in any other 3* hotel. Best of all I didnt see any cockroaches in our room wooo! Our room was opposite the hotel reception too, but I have seen a map of the complex and I would be unhappy if I had a room that was right at the other side of the complex as I am lazy and wouldnt want to walk to the pool and back every day in the heat!

The breakfast was really good there was so much choice, the only thing that bothered me was the sausages and bacon, but that is because I like what I am used to and I am obviously not going to get walls sausages on a 3* breakfast buffet! We had a few snacks (toasties, burgers) at lunch time and these tasted nice too and you got plenty. The lunch buffet looked amazing but several people that were all inclusive commented that this, as well as the evening meals, became boring because of the limited choice. To be honest I think people were just nit picking and expecting too much again.

The animation team were excellent, always plenty to do and they did not irritate you if you did not want to take part. They were friendly and helped you out with whatever you asked so thank you :) Also thanks to our rep Sophie who helped us to find bar street.

The hotel and complex itself is tidy and clean. The supermarket is well stocked and reasonably priced. The lively pool area wasnt actually that noisy compared to what some people have commented, but each to their own. The lively pool is massive and the sunbeds are comfy but my boyfriend did cut his foot on a loose tile that was in the pool- this is the only complaint we have as it is a serious health and safety issue and it did make me feel wary of putting my foot down whilst I was in the pool. The hotel is suitable for any type of person and we found all of the staff very friendly and helpful.

We ate outside of the hotel every night and would recommend Za Zas, Les Amis and Porto Bello. We also went to bar street almost every night which is a bit more lively than the bars that are closer to the hotel but I wouldnt say it was a full on party place we did see families around there. The hotel is only a 10 minute walk to bar street and 5 minutes to the restaurants mentioned. Many people comment that Cyprus is expensive but we didnt think this at all.

All in all we had a great holiday and would definitely recommend this hotel. If we hadnt already booked next years holiday we would definitely book to go back to Paphos gardens!

P.S it is little miss boring :)

Room Tip: Ask for a room near to the reception as they are nearest to the supermarket, lively pool and roads t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bree H

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Fantastic girly weekend at Paphos Gardens. The hotel was very clean but a little tired. The staff were very friendly and could not do enough for you. The breakfast and evening meal was very good and had quite a selection, but the snacks in the afternoon were not of the same standard. We were all inclusive and it was great value for money. The entertainment (Animation) term were brilliant, well done Rhys and the gang you certainly worked hard to make sure everyone were entertained. Would definitely return and would recommend people to go all inclusive.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Zeta F
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We've been in paphos gardens resort 2 weeks ago and it was fantastically. The rooms in the hotel were very clean and tidy. Every day we had clean towels. The food in the main restaurant was fabulous. The staff there was very kind, especially the manager. The girls on the bar was fantastic, they allways knew what we want for a drink and asking a small things about us, feeling like home! The animation team were amazing, providing us a lot of fun and joy. A fantastic holyday, we gonna definitely recomand this place to our friends.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Paphos Gardens Hotel itself is a nice enough place and I do recommend it. Only thing it lacks is staff service and could do with a lick of paint in places.
Pool is amazing, rooms are really good and the resturants around the hotel are just perfect!
The best part of the hotel is the Animation Crew that work really hard at making sure you enjoy your day at the hotel with various games, activities and music. If you go definitely have a go at water polo regardless of your fitness level, age or gender!
I also loved that the team (Reece, Cameron, Zoe, Tasha and Anna) sent me off before my coach ride to the airport with a little dance on stage to The Chocolate Song! Cheers guys! ;)

Room Tip: try to get a pool view room!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Booked two separate apartments but on arriving at midnight told there was a mix up with booking and would have to share with another couple in a two bedroomed apartment - told there were locks on doors - there was not. Turned out to be my daughter and her friend but htey did not know this as different surnames. Following morning undue pressure put on us to stay in apartment and offered all inclusive for 3 days free and then this was increased to five days. Clearly booked two separate apartments for privacy, independence and did not want all inclusive as like to eat out in local restaurants.
Finally moved and apartments had little equipment and were furthest away from centre of complex. Rude bar staff on certain shifts.
Pity as resort and weather were fab.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebecca O
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Just back from a fantastic week at Paphos Gardens. The complex has 2 main swimming pools. 1 near the reastaurant area which the entertainment team uses for activities during the day, and 1 around the apartment blocks(not all inclusive). So whether you want to have fun or just a quite time sunbathing, you have the choice. There is also a kids pool for toddlers. The beach is a 10 minute walk away where sunbeds are £2.50 and Umbrellas £2.50. And Paphos town and Harbour is a 30 min steady walk away or £2 return bus ticket.
The hotel staff, whether its on the desk at reception, the Restaurant Manager and his team, Michala behind the bar or Andreas in the supermarket, they just can't do enough for you. They are fantastic. As for the barmaid that everyone is talking about, she's a young lass, who is very very shy (as i found out when i serenaded her) so give her a break, so she can come out of her shell.
The Animation team work very hard day and night, whether it's looking after kids, or entertaing guests. The hotel have got a great team there of Rhys, Zoe, Tash and Anna who just add to the place. Mind you, don't think Zoe and Tash were pleased with me killing all there favorite songs on Karaoke night. But they got there own back on me in The Mr Paphos Gardens competition.
We was All Inclusive, and I found the food to be great, and i'm a proper fussy eater. Loved the fresh bread and cavery meat every night. So there is food for everyone. I loved that they had beer tap, so you could just help yourself to beer when you wanted, although i was asked by a number of guests if I could pull them a pint as there's looked more like Ice Cream. And unlike other All Inclusives hotels we have stayed in, you can tell that you've had a drink from here.
The free Air Con in our room was a godsend. The beds are hard, but are big for single beds. Rooms are cleaned daily.
All in all, i've already started looking to book my holiday for next year to Paphos Gardens, and i've only been back less than 24 hours.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bookieshaun
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Just returned from a fabulous 2 week holiday nice hotel good food & friendly staff apart from one barmaid who looked like she'd rather be anywhere else & even told us she didn't care when we complained about her attitude! The animation team were brilliant so well done Rhys & the gang. Would definitely return & would recommend upgrading to all inclusive for 30 euros a day great value. Rooms were very clean & we got clean towels every day

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends