Stayed at Alexander the Great for 6 nights from March 31st. The rooms were well furnished, comfortable with a lovely bathroom. We chose a room with a sea view (beautiful view across the sea to the harbour and fort). Tea and coffee making facilities in the room together with a mini-bar.
Pool was a little cool due to the time of year, but the indoor pool was beautifully warm and easily accessible from the outside pool area. My 10 year old daughter went between both. Plenty of sunloungers by the pool and overlooking the sea. Yellow towels for the poolside are provided and refreshed every day. Our beds were turned down every night and a chocolates left on our pillows was a nice touch.
We stayed on a half board plus basis. Wide choice available at both breakfast and dinner. Dinner was themed, Mediterranean, Mexican, Italian etc. and very good. The service throughout the hotel was excellent and always with a smile. We had lunch at the poolside bar a few times and the portions were very generous. A lovely stroll to the harbour area along a path beside the sea is very pleasant and worth the effort.
The entertainment staff in the hotel were just lovely and very friendly. Warren, Ollie, Steph, Beth and Lucy put on a number of show's whilst we were there. Very professional and the costume changes were in the blink of an eye. We don't know how they did it! The Irish dancing was great and very funny! A night at the oscars and the Michael Buble evening were also really enjoyable. The bar staff (George in particular) were also excellent.
We had a lovely relaxing holiday, would definitely recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- • Award-winning hotel• Great ‘EU Blue Flag’ beachfront location • Unique central location overlooking the picturesque harbour and old Castle • Recently Renovated • Accommodation capacity 202 rooms• New Garden Superior Cabanas (suitable for couples) Front Sea view, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• New Superior Cabanas with infinity private pool(suitable for adults) Front Sea View, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite, Full Sea View, Ultra luxury with elegant furniture, Private dining and lounge area, sunbathing facilities, spacious veranda, luxury bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; VIP check-in. • Superior Rooms – Front Sea View Rooms offering bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; • Standard Rooms – Front Sea View, Side Sea View & Inland View• New HB & FB plus concept that includes dine around, with the choice of 5 restaurants and free drinks package included with every meal • Roxanne’s Restaurant serves live cooking shows and buffet style theme nights that vary each night; • Garibaldi serves á la carte Italian cuisine (adults-only); • Kiku serves a la carte Japanese cuisine; • Limanaki Greek Tavern overlooking the Mediterranean sea, serves traditional Cyprus meze• Pella pool bar offering snacks, refreshments and cocktails.• Breakfast & lunch served in the Café Royal Restaurant in buffet and show cooking style. A la carte menu is also available at lunch.• Alexander’s main cocktail bar with daily entertainment; • Large lobby & terrace with bamboo style sofas and live piano 3 times a week; • Unique sun bed allocation system to ensure your own sun bed and parasols during your stay; • Free-form swimming pool; (free usage) • Free usage of indoor heated pool (winter) with whirlpool overlooking Paphos old harbor • Aphrodite New Health Club & Spa; Free sauna & steam bath. Massages, facials, manicure and pedicure also available at charge• New spacious fully equipped gym; Tennis court• Hairdressing Saloon • Havana – new outdoor entertainment venue• Professional entertainment & Animation team through out the year• Kids’ Club, professionally run, kids disco and other supervised activities.• Healthy children’s menus• Cots and high chairs available• Kids’ own pool• Family orientated hotel• Wedding venues available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Bookcyprus.com, TravelUp, HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Alexander The Great Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander The Great Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Paphos
- Alexander The Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Cyprus
- Alexander Great Cyprus