We did something we've never done before - returned to the same hotel! It was outstanding last October and even better this year due to the upgrades. As returning guests, we were treated to bubbly, slippers and fruit in the room as well as an early evening drinks and canapés reception; nice touch. The refurbishments are tasteful and contemporary and the new TVs, fridges and kettles in rooms are an improvement. The three bookable restaurants have improved menus and are each worth a visit, the food being hot, tasty and well presented. Unfortunately, although the quality of food in the buffet restaurant is of high quality, it sometimes suffers by being of inconsistent (low) temperature. I did mention this and suggested that a couple of microwaves could be provided for guest use as was the case in a 4* ski hotel we stayed in recently. This solved the problem for those of use who prefer food to be piping hot. The staff are amongst the best trained I've encountered anywhere, always smiling, polite and helpful and with a few words of English in greeting, even the chambermaids who always seemed cheerful along with everyone else working there. The entertainment, whilst an improvement on last year, was of variable quality and the outdoor Havana Venue was really too cool to be using at this time of year. We would have stayed I the hotel more often after dinner if the indoor bar was being used for entertainment but it was more comfortable to go out to bars near the harbour or across the road where there was live music. The pools are now beautiful to look at but a bit cold for more than a short swim at this time of year. The seam in contrast, was warmer and beautifully clear so I enjoyed my daily swim in the sheltered bay, to the rocks and back admiring the fish! We took tennis racquets and played a few times but the net was broken (in place but too low and the winding mechanism was broken/missing).
None of this spoilt our week, however, and it remains an outstanding hotel whose greatest asset is the quality, enthusiasm and willingness to please of the staff. To answer the question we always get on return from holidays of 'would you go back?' to which we always reply 'no, but we would recommend it to you', the Alexander answer is 'yes, we probably shall return'. The difference is, it won't be at half term again as I won't be restricted to this week ever again - yippee!
If you want a hotel where you come first, in an excellent position, superb sun bed system, good food, comfortable rooms, high standards of cleanliness and a thoroughly relaxing break, this is the hotel for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- • Award-winning hotel• Great ‘EU Blue Flag’ beachfront location • Unique central location overlooking the picturesque harbour and old Castle • Recently Renovated • Accommodation capacity 202 rooms• New Garden Superior Cabanas (suitable for couples) Front Sea view, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• New Superior Cabanas with infinity private pool(suitable for adults) Front Sea View, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite, Full Sea View, Ultra luxury with elegant furniture, Private dining and lounge area, sunbathing facilities, spacious veranda, luxury bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; VIP check-in. • Superior Rooms – Front Sea View Rooms offering bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; • Standard Rooms – Front Sea View, Side Sea View & Inland View• New HB & FB plus concept that includes dine around, with the choice of 5 restaurants and free drinks package included with every meal • Roxanne’s Restaurant serves live cooking shows and buffet style theme nights that vary each night; • Garibaldi serves á la carte Italian cuisine (adults-only); • Kiku serves a la carte Japanese cuisine; • Limanaki Greek Tavern overlooking the Mediterranean sea, serves traditional Cyprus meze• Pella pool bar offering snacks, refreshments and cocktails.• Breakfast & lunch served in the Café Royal Restaurant in buffet and show cooking style. A la carte menu is also available at lunch.• Alexander’s main cocktail bar with daily entertainment; • Large lobby & terrace with bamboo style sofas and live piano 3 times a week; • Unique sun bed allocation system to ensure your own sun bed and parasols during your stay; • Free-form swimming pool; (free usage) • Free usage of indoor heated pool (winter) with whirlpool overlooking Paphos old harbor • Aphrodite New Health Club & Spa; Free sauna & steam bath. Massages, facials, manicure and pedicure also available at charge• New spacious fully equipped gym; Tennis court• Hairdressing Saloon • Havana – new outdoor entertainment venue• Professional entertainment & Animation team through out the year• Kids’ Club, professionally run, kids disco and other supervised activities.• Healthy children’s menus• Cots and high chairs available• Kids’ own pool• Family orientated hotel• Wedding venues available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookcyprus.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Alexander The Great Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander The Great Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Paphos
- Alexander The Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Cyprus
- Alexander Great Cyprus