This is a great hotel, the staff (all of them, without exception) are very polite, truly superb and not only reflect the hotel very well but also their country.
The rooms are lovely, spacious, very well appointed and spotlessly kept. I would go so far as to say the best I have stayed in whilst on holiday.
Sunbeds. A unique and very positive feature of the hotel is that guests are allocated, yes, allocated a sunbed. Bloomin marvellous, a great idea and worked very well. Congratulations to the hotel for this initiative, hopefully other hotels will follow suit.
However, unfortunately there is a weakness in what the hotel provides and that is the food, more specifically for my wife who is vegetarian.
Being blunt, there is no vegetarian option and we found that quite sad given that more and more people do watch their diets now and more people are becoming vegetarian.
The food in general is buffet style and although that style does have its flaws I would say it was just about ok for me, though nothing special. It did become repetitive.
Breakfast is very good and exempt from any criticism we have, but sadly lunch and evening meal were problematic for us and we ended up having to dine out in order to obtain a decent vegetarian meal. An example at the hotel was that one evening there were two restaurants in use, each hosting either a Mexican or local themed evening. We looked at the menu for the local evening with nothing whatsoever for a vegetarian choice, we asked the staff whether something could be made for my wife to allow her to eat. The response was that chef..?, had nothing available for him to cook her something. Very poor.
We ended up with the Mexican themed restaurant as our only choice. Sadly, yet again, there was only a very restricted choice of salad available. (2 salads marked as veggie option had either tuna or anchovy in them, not veggie). This was the last time we ate at the hotel as we found a restaurant within 500 metres (Les Amis) that catered extremely well for all visitors, including would you believe a vegetarian choice.
I think it is quite sad that I have to be so damning about the food (lack of vegetarian choice) given that the hotel otherwise is very very good.
My plea to the hotel management or Head Chef, please consider a separate table dote menu choice, albeit small, for those who don't eat meat and fish. We walked down the road 500 metres and found a restaurant with a choice that surely the hotel could replicate?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- • Award-winning hotel• Great ‘EU Blue Flag’ beachfront location • Unique central location overlooking the picturesque harbour and old Castle • Recently Renovated • Accommodation capacity 202 rooms• New Garden Superior Cabanas (suitable for couples) Front Sea view, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• New Superior Cabanas with infinity private pool(suitable for adults) Front Sea View, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite, Full Sea View, Ultra luxury with elegant furniture, Private dining and lounge area, sunbathing facilities, spacious veranda, luxury bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; VIP check-in. • Superior Rooms – Front Sea View Rooms offering bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; • Standard Rooms – Front Sea View, Side Sea View & Inland View• New HB & FB plus concept that includes dine around, with the choice of 5 restaurants and free drinks package included with every meal • Roxanne’s Restaurant serves live cooking shows and buffet style theme nights that vary each night; • Garibaldi serves á la carte Italian cuisine (adults-only); • Kiku serves a la carte Japanese cuisine; • Limanaki Greek Tavern overlooking the Mediterranean sea, serves traditional Cyprus meze• Pella pool bar offering snacks, refreshments and cocktails.• Breakfast & lunch served in the Café Royal Restaurant in buffet and show cooking style. A la carte menu is also available at lunch.• Alexander’s main cocktail bar with daily entertainment; • Large lobby & terrace with bamboo style sofas and live piano 3 times a week; • Unique sun bed allocation system to ensure your own sun bed and parasols during your stay; • Free-form swimming pool; (free usage) • Free usage of indoor heated pool (winter) with whirlpool overlooking Paphos old harbor • Aphrodite New Health Club & Spa; Free sauna & steam bath. Massages, facials, manicure and pedicure also available at charge• New spacious fully equipped gym; Tennis court• Hairdressing Saloon • Havana – new outdoor entertainment venue• Professional entertainment & Animation team through out the year• Kids’ Club, professionally run, kids disco and other supervised activities.• Healthy children’s menus• Cots and high chairs available• Kids’ own pool• Family orientated hotel• Wedding venues available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Alexander The Great Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander The Great Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Paphos
- Alexander The Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Cyprus
- Alexander Great Cyprus