“Amazing”

Ranked #5 of 88 Hotels in Paphos
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Review may be late but I just wanted to express how fantastic the Alexander is. We got married here in October 2010. Not sure if the guest relations manager Melina is still working there but she was fantastic.
The whole stay was a pleasure.
Rooms were very clean and spacious, Nice little chocolate left on the bed pillow each night for my 2yr old made him smile.

I know the hotel has undergone extensive renovation since we were there and looks amazing. We will be returning in the not so distant future.

5stars *****

Stayed October 2013
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Let me express my sincere thanks and appreciation for your kind words and to be given the opportunity to extend our hospitality for your wedding and holiday in October 2010.

Your views about the hotel being very clean and spacious and the turning down service are most appreciated. Melina is no longer with us but I am sure we would be delighted to have been mentioned.

It gives me great pleasure to have met your holiday and wedding expectations and hope to be able to welcome you back at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel for your future wedding anniversaries.

Thank you again for your recommendations to anyone wanting to get married at our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,008)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This was the first time we have returned to the same hotel twice. We had such a wonderful holiday here last year we decided to return to celebrate our Ruby wedding and we weren't disappointed. We booked a sea view room and I emailed asking to be allocated a room on the 3rd floor on the left side and this was just what we got. There was champagne in the room on arrival, nice touch. Everything I recorded in my review last year is as good or even better; the hotel is beautiful, the location is good, lovely food with plenty of choice - well cooked and tasty and last but not least the thing that makes this hotel so good, the staff. Everyone of the staff we met was efficient, professional, helpful and friendly and I mean everyone. I just couldn't single anyone out and name them, the list would be endless! Thank you Alexander The Great.....We will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pharyagem
Dear Reviewer,

Let me express my sincere thanks and appreciation for your kind words and to be given the opportunity to extend our hospitality for your return visit and for your Ruby Wedding Anniversary.

I am delighted that you liked the room that you requested and that you appreciated the Champagne in your room on arrival. Thank you for your views about the hotel, the location and the food- we will pass on your comments to the Chefs.

Thank you also for mentioning that everyone of the staff was efficient, professional, helpful and friendly. I am very proud of each and every member of the team here and I will make sure that everyone sees your review.

It gives me great pleasure to have met your holiday expectations and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel in the not too distant future.
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I am writing this on my last day here, but i can honestly say i have had had the best time after finishing my GCSE's. The best thing about this hotel is the staff! I met 3 individuals that made my stay 10x better, i will say there names to get credit for their amazing service, they were Amy, Warren and Angelina they all greated me with a smile and always had time to chat. Angelina especially was extremely kind to me and should be recognised for that. The pool, the food, the people, the sun and entertainment were above and beyond spectacular. The kanika all stars team made sure everyone had there dose of activities and fun, also their evening performances were amazing and full of talent. If you are wondering whether to go here i say there is no thought about it, this is the hotel for you! I will definitely be returning in the future!
Thank you very much to the Alexander The Great team
Matt.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Let us thank you for choosing Alexander The Great Beach Hotel for your holidays. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments about your stay in our hotel.

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments about our staff,the pools and the entertainment.

I will personally pass on your comments to Angelina and the Kanika Allstars Warren and Aimee who will be delighted to have been mentioned.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future and the whole team and I wish you Good Luck for your GCSE results.
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I visited this hotel with my husband in June, and from the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. The reception staff were very attentive making sure our room was to our satisfaction. There was no problem on that front, it was amazing, huge, bright and spotless, with a brilliant sea view. The food was faultless, and we especially liked the different restaurant themes. All of the waiters and waitress' were friendly and went out of their way to please. Especially loved Angelina, who was always the first to welcome us with a smile.
The entertainment team worked so hard day and evening, keeping us amused and entertained. The evening shows were the best I have seen in an hotel, and Warren and his team, Beth, Emily, Aimee and Steven were a bunch of really talented people, loved every show. Thank you for a great holiday, already re-booked to return in September - Keep up the good work,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Graham H
Dear Reviewer,

Warm greetings from Alexander the Great Beach Hotel in Paphos, Cyprus.

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments about our staff, customer service, food, cleanliness of the hotel and that you enjoyed the three A La Carte restaurants, Kiku the Japanese, Garibaldi the Italian and Limanaki the Cypriot tavern.

Thank you also for mentioning the great team of staff I have here and in particular Angelina from the bar, the waiters and waitresses in the restaurants and bars and also our Allstar Kanika Entertainments team, Warren, Beth, Aimee, Emily and Steven.

The whole team and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back in September for your return visit.
Bristol
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Couldn't fault the service from everyone at the hotel.
Entertainments team were fantastic, always full of energy and extremely friendly. The shows which they put on in the evening were also brilliant.
One of the best holidays I have ever had!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Archibald123
Dear Reviewer,

Greetings from Alexander The Great Beach Hotel in Paphos.

All of our staff and in particular our entertainments team the Kanika All Stars will be pleased that they have been mentioned and that you found them to be full of energy, extremely friendly and their evening shows brilliant.

Looking forward to the day when we welcome you back to the hotel.
Dorset
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We went back to the Alexander the Great this year after such a lovely holiday last year. We were not disappointed. Hotel and rooms were immaculate. Staff friendly and helpful. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Food is good. I could not fault this lovely hotel at all. Situated about 8 mins walk from Pathos and there are plenty of bars and restaurants close by if you fancy a change. We love the sunbed allocation, which eliminates all the 'scramble for sunbeds every morning'. Our holiday was problem free and we both came back feeling totally relaxed. There is a nice ambience throughout the hotel, and the Manager is often seen walking round and chatting to the holidaymakers. We have been on approximately 30 holidays with Thomsons over the years (most of them platignum) and this is by far the best hotel we have stayed in.

Room Tip: We have always had a sea view and found the rooms very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LiluDorset
Dear Reviewer,

Let us thank you for choosing Alexander The Great Beach Hotel again for your holidays. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments about your stay in our hotel.

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments, that you found the hotel and rooms to be immaculate, the food good, the staff friendly and helpful, the sun bed allocation system was to your liking and that you felt this was the best hotel you have stayed in.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for a return visit in the not too distant future.
Brighton
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my boyfriend for a week... Upgraded our room to a sea view. Had an amazing week laying around the pool... The main pool is great and you can swim up to the bar... Lots of entertainments going on for everyone.... Room was cleaned twice a day with clean towels in the morning and evening. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff... Breakfast was amazing with everything on offer... Will definitely be coming back here. :-)

Stayed July 2014
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Greetings from Alexander The Great Beach Hotel in Paphos.

Thank you taking the time to review our hotel, we are delighted that we have lived up to your holiday expectations. Also that you enjoyed the Main Infinity pool with swim up bar, the day and evening entertainment, the buffet breakfast in Cafe Royale and that nothing was too much trouble for our staff and that they looked after you.

Looking forward to the day when we welcome you back to the hotel.