“Very disappointed will not return”

Alexander The Great Beach Hotel
Ranked #7 of 88 Hotels in Paphos
North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed will not return”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just returned from this hotel after 1 weeks holiday . Upon eating lunch the first day there was a long black hair in my food. " gross" After arriving in my SIDE SEA VIEW room which I paid extra for I had the pleasure of looking on to a ground floor car park the only water to be viewed was a puddle on the ground under the window. Reception staff were very ignorant never lifted there heads once to talk. My 11 year old daughter was not allowed in the Italian restaurant again was included in the price I paid but couldn't use. All in all I'm so annoyed I paid £1240 for one week I should have just stayed at home. My advise to others thinking off going would be DONT.

8 Thank Antoinette M
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Let us thank you for choosing Alexander The Great Beach Hotel for your holidays. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments about your stay in our hotel.

Your constructive comments will certainly help us in our efforts to continuously improve our standards. We are very sadden to read that the service provided by our team in certain areas did not meet with your expectations of our hotel. We thank you for raising these issues and providing us with this valuable feedback. Most certainly we will be looking into these issues within our operations and seeking ways to further improve our service quality.

The whole team and I sincerely hope that we may have the opportunity of reversing your opinion and the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Mr Andreas Christodoulides General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,027)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed for 7 days, and it was definitely not long enough! The hotel was really outstanding. Staff were friendly and were willing to help us with anything! Loved the fact that this hotel had sunbed allocations, and if you email them in advance, you can get a sunbed with an amazing view of the sea! Went on half board plus - this really makes them stand out from other hotels. They give you a free bottle of water per 2 people and then you get 1 drink to go with your meal so it saves you money! Amazing location, about 5 minutes walk away from the harbour. Hotel was very clean, they clean the rooms twice a day. The al a carte restaurants on site are very very good - my favourite would have been the japanese one! Lots of entertainment choices. Booked a "land view room" and ended up with a side sea view - very happy! Thank you for making this a very enjoyable holiday, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kingmimi24
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Let me express my sincere thanks and appreciation for your kind words and to be given the opportunity to extend our hospitality.

Thank you for mentioning the hotel, the sun bed allocation system, the location, the cleanliness, the three A La Carte restaurants and the half board and full board plus which includes a local glass of wine, or a small beer or a soft drink per person and a bottle of water between two.

Also most importantly that the staff were friendly and willing to help you with anything. I personally make sure that all of the staff see the Trip Advisor reviews, as it is great for them to know that you and our other guests that have reviewed the hotel take the time to do it for us all.

It gives me great pleasure to have met your holiday expectations and hope to be able to welcome you back at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel in the not too distant future.
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

What a fabulous hotel! Got married here on the 2nd of July this year and stayed for for a week along with family and friends. The hotel itself is stunning and beautifully clean. There is a small army of people who work from dawn just to keep everything pristine and always with a smile.
The rooms are lovely, we had a cabana which was just fabulous and others in our party had superior rooms - it is worth upgrading to a seaview room for the views and no noise from the road. All are spacious and very well maintained.
The food is quite simply gorgeous in all of the restaurants and choices just sumptuous!
All the staff were so pleasant and just couldn't do enough for us. Special mention for Philippa, guest relations who was lovely, Emma in the dining room and Alina the cocktail waitress who was so bubbly and befriended our little granddaughter without seeming to mind her following her everywhere! The pool areas were great with all kinds of water features and in the heat it was quite nice to have an indoor pool too as an option to cool off.
Although we didn't join in any of the activities, the animation team seemed very busy and feedback was good.
Finally our wedding - what a lovely venue! It was a bit of a risk booking this event without visiting the venue beforehand but there no need to worry, Eva the wedding co-ordinator was wonderful and attentive to all our needs - as by the way was Leanne from Cyprus wedding advisor who coordinated it all on behalf of Thomson. The Unity terrace is beautiful and totally private from sun bathers and others, It was a real wow factor for us and our guests particularly when decorated. It was beautiful to watch the sun setting from the terrace too! The champagne and cake cutting reception and sit down reception was just lovely and again the food was stunning. Our head waiter for the whole evening, Neofytos was great and his mix of attentiveness and humour was just right.
We only wish we had stayed longer as a week wasn't enough but we will be returning for our anniversary for sure!

Room Tip: Definitely choose a sea view or a cabana
2 Thank Patricia L
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and congratulations once again for your recent wedding.

I am delighted that we exceeded your holiday expectations and that you found the hotel to be " Amazing". Thank you for mentioning that you found the food in all four restaurants to be " Simply gorgeous and sumptuous". Also that the pool areas Infinity and Serenity were great and that you enjoyed the water features.

It always gives me great pleasure to read about the fantastic team of staff I have here at the hotel. I will be personally showing your review to all of the staff especially Emma in the restaurants, Alina in the bar, Eva one of our wedding coordinators, Neofytos the head waiter in the banqueting team and Philippa our Guest Relations Manager.

It gives me great pleasure to have met your holiday and wedding expectations and hope to be able to welcome you back at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel in the not too distant future.

Thank you again for your recommendations to anyone wanting to get married at our hotel.

Wishing you once more congratulations and all the best for your new start together as husband and wife.
romford, England
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I've just returned from a 10-day stay here and I can honestly say this hotel is in a league of it's own. The staff are superbly trained. Everyone from the manager to the cleaner greets you with a smile and a good morning. The best features; personally allocated sunbeds, spotless rooms, comfy beds, good food. There's no real downsides so I'll be really picky and try and find fault. Hot water tends to run out after 7.30p.m.(yes I know that's normal), the beach is stony(walk 100yds to the next cove and it's pure sand) and the entertainment is standard hotel fare. (what else would you expect?)
The beach in the next cove is delightful with a cafe and sunbeds and an easy slope to access it. Drinks are reasonably priced at 6eu each for lovely cocktails. When I booked this trip I thought it was a bit pricey (£2600 for 2 h/b) but I now think it was very cheap. Truly amazing hotel, superbly run by the very hands-on manager.

Room Tip: partial sea veiw rooms are at the front which hs some road noise. It didn't worry us but it migh...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank goa127
Dear Reviewer,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am delighted that we exceeded your holiday expectations and that you found the hotel to have "World Class Staff" and that you liked the sun bed allocation, the spotless rooms, the comfy beds and the good food.

It always gives me great pleasure to read about the fantastic team of staff I have here at the hotel. I will be personally showing your review to all of the staff .

Looking forward to welcoming you back for a return visit in the not too distant future.
Cyprus
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Have recently come back from a 11 night stay at this hotel and can only say 1 thing & that's that the hotel was amazing. Staff were brilliant & very accommodating. Food was great and the idea of sunbed allocation was fantastic! Best idea since sliced bread! My daughter was married at this hotel and I really can't find fault in anything or anyone concerning her wedding day, it was totally beautiful in a beautiful setting and would recommend this hotel to anybody who may be thinking of getting married abroad. Would also just like to mention the company 'Perfect Weddings' who my daughter used to organise the wedding, they were fantastic, they did us proud. Many thanks to everyone for making it a fab holiday & wedding all round.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank The-Juke
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Let me express my sincere thanks and appreciation for your kind words and to be given the opportunity to extend our hospitality for your daughter's wedding.

Your views that the staff were brilliant and very accommodating, that the food was great and that you found the sun bed allocation system fantastic are most appreciated.

We are glad to see that your daughter's wedding day was memorable and that we have managed to make her day perfect. Your comments have already been shared with all the team members concerned and will motivate them even more to keep up the excellent work.

Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Wow!! Just back from our awesome 2 weeks at The Alexander the Great Paphos where do we start? Even before the holiday began the backroom staff of Leoni and Pambos do their very best to ensure any requests made are followed through and where possible make happen. You walk into Reception and the staff there are very professional and polite. We were greeted by Theo who ensured our check-in was smooth and swift and washed down with a welcome drink. The rooms are spotlessly clean, beds comfy, sheets changed regularly, towels every day and again our cleaner was brilliant! Food and beverages are excellent something for everyone. Executive Chef Pambos runs a very tight ship with outstanding service from George, Dimitri, Marios and Stavros and so many others too numerous to mention. The service is completed by wonderful Hostesses Emma, Aphrodite, Elena, Athena and Alla and many excellent waiters and waitresses. We must also mention Kiku superbly led by Raj and Garibaldi the two Al a carte restaurants on site which complete an outstanding dining experience. The bar staff managed by George are again hardworking and attentive, we seemed to have been served by the same three girls who were funny and welcoming. Then down to the Pool Bar with again outstanding service from Jakub and Yiannis who was always there to bring a cooling drink to your sunbed. What better way to end your night by watching a variety of fabulous shows from your Entertainment Team admirably led by Warren and Beth. Last years shows took some beating but Steven, Emma and Emily have done a magnificent job in such a short space of time making every show worth watching plus they run a programme of daily activities. Finally thank you to everyone - you all work so hard and made our holiday very very special indeed!! Regards Marg and Ernie

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Greetings from Alexander The Great Beach Hotel in Paphos.

Thank you taking the time to review our hotel, we are delighted that we have lived up to your holiday expectations.

Also for mentioning the welcome drink on arrival, the spotlessly clean rooms with comfortable beds, the excellent food and beverages we supply.

Most importantly that you found the staff to be our greatest asset and in particular Leoni reservations, Pambos the Front Office Manager, Theo head receptionist, Executive Chef Pambos and his team George, Dimitri, Marios and Stavros. The restaurant hostesses Emma, Aphrodite, Elena, Athena and Alla and Raj our head waiter for Kiku. The bar staff George, Alina, Alina and Michaela and also Warren, Beth, Steve, Aimee and Emily the Kanika Allstars. I am very proud of each and every one of them and their commitment to provide the very best in customer service. I will personally ensure that each and every one of them sees your review.

Looking forward to the day when we welcome you back to the hotel for a return visit.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a two week stay at this hotel. Everything was of the highest standard and nothing was to much trouble for the staff. Although we had paid for a Superior Sea View room, I emailed the hotel and asked if it would be at all possible to have a room on the top floor as we were celebrating our Wedding Anniversary. Philippa Roumelioti the Guest Relations Manager emailed me back saying she would arrange for a surprise in our room. When we arrived at the Hotel we were given room 302 which was absolutely stunning. The room itself was of high quality decor and kept exceptionally clean the whole time we were there. The balcony was amazing, with views spanning from the Harbour, right up to the Mountains. The Hotel Manager Andreas Christodoulides, was always around the Hotel, to make sure that everybody had everything they wanted, and that everything was ok. The food was always presented well, with plenty of choice for anyone. The choice of Restaurants is a very good idea for people that wanted to try something different. How pleasantly surprised we were, when we returned to our room on the afternoon of our Wedding Anniversary to find Champagne on ice for us. A big thank you for that goes to Phillipa. We would definitely recommend this Hotel to anyone. We definitely hope to return next year. Well done to all the staff for their excellent service. Terry and Carole Ward

3 Thank Terry W
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for mentioning the excellent location, the good food and the dine around option of eating once a week in the Garibaldi Italian, the Kiku Japanese and the Limanaki tavern. Also for highlighting that the bedrooms have high quality decor and are exceptionally clean with great views.

Most importantly our greatest asset the team of staff we have. We are very proud of each and every one of them and their commitment to provide the very best in customer service. Philippa our guest relations manager will be delighted when she sees that she has been named in your review.

The whole team and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit to our hotel.