“Amazing in every way cannot fault it!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alexander The Great Beach Hotel

Alexander The Great Beach Hotel
Ranked #7 of 90 Hotels in Paphos
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing in every way cannot fault it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed at the Alexander the Great hotel from the 4th of July until today, the hotel was really outstanding. All of the Staff were friendly and were willing to help us with anything, Loved the fact that this hotel had sunbed allocations as it makes it easy in the morning not having to fight for one plus all of the sunbeds have amazing views of the sea. We stayed half board plus which is breakfast & tea with a bottle of water and any drink each but if your thinking of eating out one night then you can change your evening meal to lunch. Every day there is a great choice of meals that would suit everyone with the main restaurant offering a different theme every night. The location of the hotel is perfect you can see & are within 5 mins away from the harbour , the beach is on the doorstep and local shops and restaurants near the hotel front. The hotel was very clean , the maids clean the room twice everyday ... Loved the maid called Larissa everyday she would smile stop and chat & have a good giggle : ) ... Stevewilly_12 I strongly disagree with your comment in regards to the entertainment not only in the day there was a fantastic range of activities for all ages ... But comparing the entertainment in the evening to butlins makes me question whether you were watching the same as everyone else?!? as every night there was fantastic entertainment with a range for everyone! All of the kanika entertainment staff were awesome and made you feel like you were not just another guest & there acting/singing was 5* not only would I come back again but I would definitely recommend it to anyone... If you have booked you will not be disappointed ! Thank you to Beth,amy,Emily,warren,Steve, Larissa and Dennis ( waiter) for always having a giggle , getting us involved & making our holiday amazing see you next year same time ! Nicole & Pete x

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Bankstuart
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Let us thank you for choosing Alexander The Great Beach Hotel for your holidays. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments about your stay in our hotel.

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments about our staff, the sun bed allocation system, the Half Board Plus where you can have a small local beer or a glass of wine or a soft drink and a bottle of water between two, the location of the hotel and the cleanliness of the hotel.

I will personally pass on your comments to Larissa, Denis and the Kanika Allstars Warren, Beth, Steven, Emily and Aimee who will be delighted to have been mentioned.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (967)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

This really is the most amazing holiday hotel from the moment you arrive the front desk staff where attentive and flexible to our requirements the first morning we went to the sunbed allocation and was immediately greeted with a positive smile and assisted in arranging beds by the pool as we had our elder children and baby with us the pool area is fantastic and the swim up bar a joy.We had 2 seaview rooms on the 2nd floor which had amazing views and where serviced twice a day to the highest level. We tried all the restaurants within the hotel and everyone we came into contact with where smiling attentive and professional no matter what time of the day congratulations to everyone in food and beverage the service and food where of the highest quality. The General Manager is constantly meeting guests and ensururing you are enjoying your stay .
Thank you to the whole team at The Alexander The Great we will definitely return

2 Thank Keith B
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments about our front desk staff, the sun bed attendants and the food and beverage department where you found all the restaurant staff to be smiling, attentive and professional at all times.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit, with warm regards from all of us here at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel.
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We're regular travellers to Cyprus but this was the first time we'd been to this hotel. We'd booked a garden room for my wife's birthday treat but unfortunately the room wasn't available upon check in due to an unfortunate accident involving the previous occupant. That's when we met Philippa the Guest Relations Officer who went out of her way to sort things out for us.

We received special attention thereafter.

The food is very good, the rooms are comfortable. My only problem was the after dinner entertainment which was very poor. It very much reminded me of a training ground for Butlins/ Pontins staff.

We didn't use the entertainment facilities in the daytime so I can't comment on those but if you need to stay in the hotel in the evening and are expecting good entertainment, be prepared.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments about our food and the room.

I will be showing your review to Philippa our Guest Relations Manager who be delighted to see that she has been mentioned.

The whole team and I sincerely hope that we may have the opportunity and the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.
cumbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We returned from a 2 weeks stay at this hotel where we invited 48 guests to join us on our wedding day! The hotel is beautiful & we found all the staff very helpful and kind. We especially found the wedding co-ordinators Eva & Leanne fantastic...simply nothing was too much to ask of them both.

The rooms were very modern, clean and comfortable and the hardworking maids changed the beds & cleaned every single day we were there. Beds were turned down every night & a chocolate left on our pillow.

The food in the main restaurant was gorgeous..a good selection and a very varied theme.. With a vegetarian, a 3 year old & huge meat eater to satisfy they done a superb job! Only downside was you can't take children into the Italian restaurant which was a bit of a shame.

The pool areas are all very clean & tidy & manned all day. The snubbed allocation system is a brilliant way of avoiding the early morning towel run..again a huge plus!

We would recommend this hotel very highly to anyone wanting a hotel that stands out from the rest but most of all anyone wanting the most amazing intimate wedding venue in pathos!

We look forward to returning for an anniversary in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank clairebear2583
Dear Reviewer,

Let me express my sincere thanks and appreciation for your kind words and to be given the opportunity to extend our hospitality for your wedding and holiday.

Your views about the hotel, that the rooms were modern, clean and comfortable and the you liked the evening turn down service. Also that the food, had good selections, was varied and that you were catered for are most appreciated.

Eva our wedding coordinator and all of the team of staff here will be delighted when they see your review.

We are glad to see that your wedding day was memorable and that we have managed to make your day perfect.

It gives me great pleasure to have met your holiday and wedding expectations and hope to be able to welcome you back at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel in the not too distant future.

Thank you again for your recommendations to anyone wanting to get married at our hotel.
North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just returned from this hotel after 1 weeks holiday . Upon eating lunch the first day there was a long black hair in my food. " gross" After arriving in my SIDE SEA VIEW room which I paid extra for I had the pleasure of looking on to a ground floor car park the only water to be viewed was a puddle on the ground under the window. Reception staff were very ignorant never lifted there heads once to talk. My 11 year old daughter was not allowed in the Italian restaurant again was included in the price I paid but couldn't use. All in all I'm so annoyed I paid £1240 for one week I should have just stayed at home. My advise to others thinking off going would be DONT.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Antoinette M
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Your constructive comments will certainly help us in our efforts to continuously improve our standards. We are very sadden to read that the service provided by our team in certain areas did not meet with your expectations of our hotel. We thank you for raising these issues and providing us with this valuable feedback. Most certainly we will be looking into these issues within our operations and seeking ways to further improve our service quality.

The whole team and I sincerely hope that we may have the opportunity of reversing your opinion and the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Mr Andreas Christodoulides General Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed for 7 days, and it was definitely not long enough! The hotel was really outstanding. Staff were friendly and were willing to help us with anything! Loved the fact that this hotel had sunbed allocations, and if you email them in advance, you can get a sunbed with an amazing view of the sea! Went on half board plus - this really makes them stand out from other hotels. They give you a free bottle of water per 2 people and then you get 1 drink to go with your meal so it saves you money! Amazing location, about 5 minutes walk away from the harbour. Hotel was very clean, they clean the rooms twice a day. The al a carte restaurants on site are very very good - my favourite would have been the japanese one! Lots of entertainment choices. Booked a "land view room" and ended up with a side sea view - very happy! Thank you for making this a very enjoyable holiday, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kingmimi24
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Let me express my sincere thanks and appreciation for your kind words and to be given the opportunity to extend our hospitality.

Thank you for mentioning the hotel, the sun bed allocation system, the location, the cleanliness, the three A La Carte restaurants and the half board and full board plus which includes a local glass of wine, or a small beer or a soft drink per person and a bottle of water between two.

Also most importantly that the staff were friendly and willing to help you with anything. I personally make sure that all of the staff see the Trip Advisor reviews, as it is great for them to know that you and our other guests that have reviewed the hotel take the time to do it for us all.

It gives me great pleasure to have met your holiday expectations and hope to be able to welcome you back at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel in the not too distant future.
Bridgend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

What a fabulous hotel! Got married here on the 2nd of July this year and stayed for for a week along with family and friends. The hotel itself is stunning and beautifully clean. There is a small army of people who work from dawn just to keep everything pristine and always with a smile.
The rooms are lovely, we had a cabana which was just fabulous and others in our party had superior rooms - it is worth upgrading to a seaview room for the views and no noise from the road. All are spacious and very well maintained.
The food is quite simply gorgeous in all of the restaurants and choices just sumptuous!
All the staff were so pleasant and just couldn't do enough for us. Special mention for Philippa, guest relations who was lovely, Emma in the dining room and Alina the cocktail waitress who was so bubbly and befriended our little granddaughter without seeming to mind her following her everywhere! The pool areas were great with all kinds of water features and in the heat it was quite nice to have an indoor pool too as an option to cool off.
Although we didn't join in any of the activities, the animation team seemed very busy and feedback was good.
Finally our wedding - what a lovely venue! It was a bit of a risk booking this event without visiting the venue beforehand but there no need to worry, Eva the wedding co-ordinator was wonderful and attentive to all our needs - as by the way was Leanne from Cyprus wedding advisor who coordinated it all on behalf of Thomson. The Unity terrace is beautiful and totally private from sun bathers and others, It was a real wow factor for us and our guests particularly when decorated. It was beautiful to watch the sun setting from the terrace too! The champagne and cake cutting reception and sit down reception was just lovely and again the food was stunning. Our head waiter for the whole evening, Neofytos was great and his mix of attentiveness and humour was just right.
We only wish we had stayed longer as a week wasn't enough but we will be returning for our anniversary for sure!

Room Tip: Definitely choose a sea view or a cabana