Alexander The Great Beach Hotel
US$147
US$126
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Cynthiana Beach Hotel(Kissonerga)(Great Value!)
US$100
HotelsClick
2,940 results
All reviewssunbed allocationsun bed allocationsea viewroxanne restaurantallocated sunbedsjersey boysserenity poolhalf boardthe guest relations managerentertainment teampool attendantturn down servicespecial mentionwedding venueswim up barwelcome drinknothing is too much trouble
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We have just come back from a two week holiday, this being the fifth time in a row we have visited. As ever the hotel staff were wonderful particularly Samia on front reception who was very friendly, helpful and so accommodating as were her colleagues. I would also like to mention Raj who always greets you with his lovely smile. Phillipa, Emma, the pool bar staff, all the waitresses, cooks and maids were also wonderful. They really cannot do enough for you. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who has not visited before. I cannot imagine not going back. We had such a relaxing time. The food is absolutely wonderful and there is such a variety. The allocation of the sun beds is a brilliant idea and the sun bed man will always try and accommodate you. The rooms are very clean and comfy and everyone is so friendly. The hotel manager is always on hand ensuring the guests are enjoying their holiday. We had a room with a sea view which is also highly recommended. The entertainment is also very good. Its no surprise that many people return to this hotel and in fact we have made many friends who tend to visit the hotel the same time as us. Thank you to everyone and hope to see you again soon.

Room Tip: It is worth paying extra for a sea view room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah T
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Warm greetings from Alexander the Great Beach Hotel in Paphos, Cyprus.

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments about our staff, customer service, food, cleanliness of the hotel, sun bed allocation system, entertainment and also the comfy rooms.

Thank you for also mentioning by name, Samia, Raj, Emma and Philippa, also the pool bar staff, the cooks and the maids.

The whole team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your sixth visit

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Don't get me wrong, this is a truly fantastic hotel - up there with the best that North America and the UAE can offer, but please be aware of a couple of big issues.

Firstly the plus points: The staff, always smiling and cleaning. The hotel boss, a nice chap and is always walking the grounds to meet and greet new arrivals etc - nice touch.

The food is fantastic - holiday weight gain is inevitable.

The rooms are fresh and modern, although I don't think as were are good as 2013.

Now the negatives:

The hotel is classy, but sadly Paphos has become less so. The front of the hotel (inland side and the side you'll be given if you have more than one kid in tow) is situated on on a busyish road. Not really a problem during the day, but by night, things become very different. From around 5p.m. onto, on some nights 4.30a.m. this road becomes without exaggeration a race track! Quad bikes, boy races with sports exhausts and some seriously loud sound systems and sports bikes.

I live in near the busiest A roads in Edinburgh, so I'm well used to noise. However, this is noise pollution and a grand scale - sleep is virtually impossible!

The police really need to get a handle on this problem otherwise these classy and expensive hotels such as the ATG and Alymra/ Annabelle will be tarnished by this anti-social behaviour.

Unless I get a room at seafront side on this hotel, I won't be coming back.

Second point and possibly something easily fixed. The clever chair beds for kids seem to have lost some of the initial comfort. My daughter really struggled to get to sleep and tired and grumpy kids is the last thing you need on holiday. I ended up having to sleep in her bead and I can confirm is was not very comfy at all - it was musical beds for the duration or the holiday.

Room Tip: Beware the road side rooms - they're a no-go
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bobstarama
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for mentioning that you found the food to be fantastic, the rooms fresh and modern and that the staff were always smiling.

Your constructive comments will certainly help us in our efforts to continuously improve our standards.We thank you for raising these issues and providing us with this valuable feedback. Most certainly we will be looking into these issues within our operations and seeking ways to further improve our service quality.

The whole team and I sincerely hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Mr Andreas Christodoulides General Manager

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This was my first solo holiday for 30 years and I played safe by booking through Saga and paying for the best hotel I could afford. I chose this hotel but when I called to book, Saga told me I couldn't have a seaview room on my own - after a heartfelt email to the hotel, I was told it was fine. When I arrived I couldn't have wished for a better room - top floor in the middle of the hotel with an uninterrupted view of the sea.
I found everything about the hotel fantastic. The food was very good, particularly the Italian and Japanese restaurants and the all staff were so friendly and welcoming, particularly Leoni who helped me get my room, the blonde girl on the pool bar, the young lads getting my cocktails, my room cleaner, the waiters ( particularly one young man with a smile that split his face) and even the manager of the hotel who appeared at very regular intervals and took such an interest. I even loved the cats! Another great thing was that you get allocated a sunbed on your first day that stays yours for as long as you want it - no searching in the mornings.
I could walk into Paphos in 15minutes along the seafront and there were such a lot of interesting things to do locally. Thoroughly recommended!
As an aside there was a dedicated room for Saga guests with an abundance of alcohol and soft drinks and the rep was very informative. Fabulous holiday!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Sue P

Dear Reviewer,

Let us thank you for choosing Alexander The Great Beach Hotel for your holidays. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments about your stay in our hotel. Also for you personal recommendation to other Solo travelers as we have many guests that come to stay with us by themselves and I am sure other potential Solo guests will find your recommendation reassuring.

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments about your room, the food, the restaurants and in particular the Garibaldi Italian and the Kiku Japanese.

I am delighted to read that you were assisted prior to arrival by Leoni in our reservations department. Also that you found the pool bar staff, the barmen, the room cleaners and the waiters friendly and welcoming. I will personally be showing them your review and they will all be happy when they see that they have been mentioned.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Just got back from a week away in paradise, miss it so much! Stayed here in July with family and friends for 1 week, and also got married here!
The hotel is in a great location easy walk to the harbour and shops. The hotel itself is spotless and very well looked after! Our room was the deluxe sea view we had a great sea view! The room is very clean and very comfortable bed. The bathroom was amazing (I love the fact that you could listen to music in the shower! The t.v in the room connected to a speaker in the bathroom, fantastic! Towels changed regularly. Loved the sunbed allocation for the whole week,(No more waking up at the crack of dawn to save a sunbed! The Breakfast/Dinner was very good quality and good selection/themes every night. The pool is a good size and not too cold,loved the pool bar i had many cocktails here which were very tasty.
The staff here are amazing! I have experienced the best service here,everyone is so helpful and friendly.
The unity terrace (Where we got married) is stunning and has amazing views of the sea. I had the best day of my life here,wish i could do it all again! The layout was amazing and the food was very good! Thank you to everyone that made our day so special!
I would highly recommend this hotel and will definetly be returning!

Room Tip: Highly recommend the Deluxe sea view, stunning views!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DeeJaggz

Dear Reviewer,

Let me express my sincere thanks and appreciation for your kind words and to be given the opportunity to extend our hospitality for your holiday and wedding.

Your views about the hotel, the food, the location, the Delux Front Sea View Room, the sun bed allocation system, the pools and Infinity Pool Bar are most appreciated.

We are glad to see that your wedding day was memorable and that we have managed to make your day perfect. Your comments have already been shared with all the team members concerned and will motivate them even more to keep up the excellent work.

It gives me great pleasure to have met your holiday and wedding expectations and hope to be able to welcome you back at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel in the not too distant future.

Thank you again for your recommendations to anyone wanting to get married at our hotel.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Just returned from a two week stay at Alexander the Great. It was our second stay at this hotel. The bedrooms and pool area have been refurbished. Other that that the hotel is pretty much the same. I have to say that all if the staff were extremely friendly and helpfull always. We have been on many cruises and I feel that the staff were equally as helpfull as any on the cruise lines that we have been on. I'm not sure when the General Manager got any sleep as he toured the pool and restaurant areas talking to guests (and staff) from early morning to late evening.

We had an excellent holiday and would have no qualms about recommending this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Let us thank you for choosing Alexander The Great Beach Hotel for your holidays for a second time. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments about your stay in our hotel.

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments about our recent refurbishments and most importantly that you found all of our staff to be always extremely friendly and helpful.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for a return third visit in the not too distant future.

Mr Andreas Christodoulides General Manager