“Amazing!!!”

Alexander The Great Beach Hotel
Ranked #4 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Booked this hotel to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary after viewing it the previous year on our holiday to Paphos, its location, looks and cleanliness most attractive.

Wanting this to be extra special I contacted the hotel direct via email (Phillippa/Leoni) to ask if they could supply extras for the room such as flowers etc, they replied immediately stating they would ensure a floral arrangement (at cost) was placed with complimentary champagne. Further email correspondence from Leoni asked if I wanted to place a personal message with the floral arrangement, which she also arranged for me. The day before flying I received a further email from the hotel asking if they could contact me via phone as had something to offer us - they once again immediately contacted me direct from Cyprus, we were offered a free room upgrade from our cabana room to the amazing Royal Penthouse (Presidential) Suite!

On arrival our bags were collected by the bellboy and taken to the room within minutes while we completed the check-in process which was performed with absolute ease due to the accommodating front desk staff. We entered our 3rd floor penthouse room, it was totally amazing!! words cannot describe how luxurious this room is but needless to say we could not believe we were now staying in this suite for 2 weeks. Wanting to thank our Guest Relations Manager (Phillippa) we shot back to the lobby. Phillippa could not be more helpful & lovely, she belayed fears we had that the room may not be a completely free upgrade and talked us through why we had been selected for this fabulous upgrade. Once back in the room a 2nd bottle of champagne in an ice bucket had been placed courtesy of Phillippa with a lovely message wishing us a happy anniversary & great holiday. This is attention we have never received anywhere and I personally have traveled to many countries all over the world, an absolute credit to not only the Alexander the Great Hotel but the hotel industry in its entirety.

All hotel staff greeted us with smiles and friendly chat wherever we went, especially Emma & the head waiter in the restaurant, they went out of their way to help when I felt unwell one evening and didn't make dinner, many thanks to them both and all the restaurant staff.

The hotel itself is fantastic, very clean and furnished to high standards. We found the pool area the best we have ever experienced. The allocation system for sunbeds is such a great idea too, on day 1 we just went to see Nikos who allocated us sunbeds of our choice plus parosol which are then ours for the entire stay unless you want to swap mid week, no need to place towels at 5am every morning just saunter out any time of day and your sunbeds are ready for you.

This is a hotel we would both recommend 100%, even leaving was emotional we loved this stay so much, think Phillippa can testify to that!

We would like to thank all the staff once again for a perfect holiday and even better silver wedding anniversary, you were all amazing. We will be back!

1  Thank Ringopizza
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Let me express my sincere thanks and appreciation for your kind words and to be given the opportunity to extend our hospitality for your silver wedding anniversary.

Thank you for mentioning that even prior to arrival Philippa and Leoni were in communication with you and dealt with your requests efficiently and that you were delighted with the upgrade to the two bedroom presidential suite at the hotel. I am delighted to read that you that you found the room to be to your liking and enjoyed the complimentary champagne. Also that our new pools met with your approval and the sun bed allocation system.

The heart of any hotel is the staff and to read that all of our team greeted you with smiles and were friendly reinforces what a fantastic team we have here.

Emma one of our restaurant hostess's,Nikos the sun bed attendant, Leoni in our reservations department and Philippa our Guest Relations Manager will be very happy to see that they have been named too.

It gives me great pleasure to have met your holiday expectations and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Alexander The Great Beach Hotel

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I cannot speak highly enough of our holiday at ATG. We only managed to go for a week and returned on Sunday. I'm already checking availability and trying to talk my husband in to booking already for next year.

The whole experience from the minute you walk through the glass doors to a spacious, beautifully decorated and cool reception with the staff at the ready wanting to meet all your wishes with friendliness and politeness.

Given clear information on our arrival about all the hotel amenities and what extras they have to offer, my husband was able to go out to the pool attendant and get the sun beds sorted that we would be using for the duration of our stay. We have had allocated sun beds before but only in one hotel and funnily enough this was also in Cyprus. All hotels should follow this great idea as it immediately keeps everyone calm, no rushing in the mornings and people hogging beds with towels all day when they only want to stay for an hour or two.

Every member of staff in the hotel was perfect, wanting to make sure we all had a fantastic holiday and I really do mean everyone.

There are four restaurants, the international buffet one (the normal one!), and three a la carte (for no extra charge once a week you can go to each a la carte restaurant as a half board guest) , one Japanese, one Italian and one Greek. All equally fab however the Japanese for us pipped the others at the post and as Emma said when we were booking the Japanese "its not just sushi" it was mouth watering. Our son is a great eater not fussy at all, but I was wondering if he would be ok, he loved it.

Our son is 14 so didn't go to the kids club but there is plenty for all to join in with, at no extra charge a full range of activities and entertainment in the evenings.

I do have to mention the entertainment staff they worked so hard I don't know how they did and were so good, and in their breaks would walk round and chat to everyone.

One last mention has to go to the hotel manager - the man in charge. Don't you think that if ever there is a badly run place the manager is no where to be seen. At ATG this is most certainly not the case he walked round all the areas at least once a day, sometimes twice. He checked the cleanliness of all the outside areas (probably the inside too but I didn't witness that) and was talking to staff and guests alike with respect for all. He noticed if there were not enough staff around in the bars and would signal to more waiters. On most days he walked round with either his assistant manager or other management people. He must be commended on all levels.

I do have to finish on the pool bar - sensational!

Room Tip: Sea view is a must the views are wonderful across pool and the sparkling sea.
3  Thank Jane S
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Let us thank you for choosing Alexander The Great Beach Hotel for your holidays. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and comments about your stay in our hotel.

I would like to express my sincere thanks for your good comments about our staff and that they welcomed you warmly on arrival and were very informative. Also that you liked our sun bed allocation system and the food and dine around option so you could try all of our restaurants and that you especially enjoyed the Kiku Japanese.

Thank you for mentioning the new pool bar area and the entertainment daytime activities and evening entertainment. All of the staff will be delighted when they see your positive review and it shows what a wonderful team of staff we have here at the hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit, with warm regards from all of us here at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Just returned from another holiday at the Alexander The Great with my husband. Once again we could not fault anything.The staff from the reception,restaurant,waiters bar staff and the ladies who cleaned our room were very friendly and excellent with ourselves. Philapa the guest relations officer as usual was very helpful.The manager and the assistant manager were always walking around speaking to the guests which we thought was very professional.Anyone wanting to go to Paphos for a holiday must stay at this hotel it's a must we will certainly be returning.A big thankyou to everyone for making our holiday so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Must choose a sea view.
2  Thank jean l
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Let me express my sincere thanks and appreciation for your kind words and to be given the opportunity to extend our hospitality once again.

Thank you for your views about the hotel, we will pass on your comments to all of our staff and they will see your review as we always put them on the staff noticeboard for everyone to see.
Philippa our Guest Relations Manager will be very happy to see that she has been named too.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family and I returned from a great week at the Alexander the Great yesterday. The hotel has many plus points, it is in a great location, lovely rooms, very helpful and friendly staff and everywhere is spotlessly clean. Warren and the entertainment team are a credit to the hotel and work so hard during both the day and night.

The food is also great but we found that by the end of the week it was a bit repetitive. My family enjoyed the food at the Japanese restaurant and would of loved to try the Italian but were only informed when we checked in that it was an adult only restaurant and I didn't want to leave my daughter in the kids club just to eat in the restaurant. It would be much better if families were allowed in before 7.30pm and adults only after this time at least then everyone would get a fair chance to go.

We were also disappointed by the subbed allocation system which meant that for the first three days we had seperate sun beds and could not sit together. After this we were placed in various locations which were not where we wanted to be and meant it was difficult to watch our young daughter who wanted to be in the pool.

A great hotel which would be even better with a few changes.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are much nicer
3  Thank Nicola S

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for mentioning the location of the hotel, the lovely rooms, the cleanliness, the helpful and friendly staff and Warren and the Allstars entertainment team.

Your constructive comments will certainly help us in our efforts to continuously improve our standards. We thank you for raising these issues and providing us with this valuable feedback.

The whole team and I sincerely hope that we may have the opportunity of reversing your opinion and the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Went to see what changes had been made and were not disappointed. Rooms very comfortable and clean - one of the best hotel beds we've ever slept in!; pool area upgrade brilliant, location could not be bettered. All the hotel staff are very friendly, knowledgeable and approachable and nothing is too much trouble. The fact that they have now made all restaurants available within the cost of the holiday is a bonus especially the Japanese and Italian ones. Sunbed allocation is a great idea, wish all hotels did this. Overall a brilliant holiday once again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sandra R
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Let me express my sincere thanks and appreciation for your kind words and to be given the opportunity to extend our hospitality for a second time.

Your views about the comfortable and clean rooms,the pool area upgrades, the location of the hotel, the Dine Around experience of the main Roxane's buffet restaurant, the Kiku Japanese, the Garibaldi Italian and the Limanaki Cypriot taverna are most appreciated.

Thank you also for mentioning that you found that our staff to be very friendly, knowledgeable and approachable.

It gives me great pleasure to have met your holiday expectations and hope to be able to welcome you back at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel for your third visit in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have just returned from The Alexander the Great Hotel and can only say that WE WILL RETURN!
The staff, food, entertainments team were all excellent. We would like to particularly mention RAJ and EMMA who always greeted you with a big smile and were both were so helpful.
The All Stars Team are ALL STARS, friendly, fun and well organised. They would subtly walk round the pool just before an event asking if you wanted to join in, rather than loud announcements. The weekly sheets provided you a full list of times and events as well.
We were allocated sunbeds on arrival, which is a fantastic idea and removed the mad rush in the morning.
The free WiFi was accessible everywhere, even poolside.
The manager was always visible walking around asking if all was OK, which was quite unique.
The rooms are cleaned constantly with fresh towels, turned turned sheets with a chocolate of a night, which my wife always go to first!

You will not be disappointed with this hotel, the staff, the food and its location.

One minor issue was that the 3rd bed for our 16 year old daughter was just a sofa bed, which was hard and small. We raised this with reception and within 1/2 hour we had 3 staff in the room replacing it with a proper bed - FANTASTIC service.

1  Thank Dave P
Andreas C, General Manager at Alexander The Great Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for mentioning the excellent location, the sun bed allocation system, the good food, the entertainments team and the free WiFi.

Most importantly our greatest asset the team of staff we have. We are very proud of each and every one of them and their commitment to provide the very best in customer service. Raj, Emma and the Allstars team Warren, Beth, Aimee, Steven and Emily have already been shown your review.

The whole team and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have literally just returned from a 2 week stay at the Alexander The Great Hotel Paphos where we also got married. 25 of us stayed at this hotel during the course of the 2 weeks all of varying age and I can honestly say that all of us had an absolutely awesome time.

We had 40 people at the wedding which was planned and organised by Cyprus Dream Weddings who's office is just opposite the hotel and we can not recommend them highly enough if you are considering get married in Cyprus.

The set up in the hotel is ideal for weddings and in our opinion is better than other hotels in the area due to the bespoke wedding venue and fantastic staff. Before choosing The Alexander The Great a year ago we visited Cyprus and the other leading hotels in the area that offered a wedding service and we were not disappointed by our choice of venue.

The reception is impressive, the rooms are comfortable, the food is some of the best we have tasted, the pool scene is relaxing and pleasant and the location is perfect within walking distance of the harbour.

The one thing however that you can not see without staying at the hotel is the impeccable level of service that the hotel offers with all staff giving 110%. The training and recruitment policies at the hotel are spot on, delivering a consistent level of service throughout. From the pool attendants to the manager of the hotel, everyone treats you like you are the only guests staying. It feels like all decisions that are made are in the best interests of the guest even if they can not accommodate everything.

Between us we used the majority of the facilities in the hotel from quiz's, gym, day time activities such as water polo and the spa, including various treatments, all which lived up to the high standard the hotel sets itself.

We saw the manager around the hotel almost every day and all his staff seem happy and motivated. We could not fault anyone in the hotel but a special thanks to Raj, Craig, Emma, Neophytos and all the other staff that served us at our wedding, Jacob, Phillipa and Helina the wedding coordinator at the hotel.

Whether considering visiting this hotel for a break or a wedding do not hesitate as you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you are bothered about the view from your room go for a sea view room as the rooms at the front o...
2  Thank 294ciarana

Dear Reviewer,

Let me express my sincere thanks and appreciation for your kind words and to be given the opportunity to extend our hospitality for your wedding.

Your views about the hotel, the bespoke wedding venue " Unity Terrace", that the reception is impressive, the rooms are comfortable, the food is some of the best you have tasted, the location and the Serenity Spa living up to your expectations are greatly appreciated by all of us here.

The banqueting staff Neofytos and his team, Raj, Emma, Jacob,Helene our wedding coordinator and Philippa our Guest Relations Manager will be delighted when I show them your review.

We are glad to see that your wedding day was memorable and that we have managed to make your day perfect.

It gives me great pleasure to have met your holiday and wedding expectations and hope to be able to welcome you back at the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel for your future wedding anniversaries.

Thank you again for your recommendations to anyone wanting to get married at our hotel.