Booked this hotel to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary after viewing it the previous year on our holiday to Paphos, its location, looks and cleanliness most attractive.
Wanting this to be extra special I contacted the hotel direct via email (Phillippa/Leoni) to ask if they could supply extras for the room such as flowers etc, they replied immediately stating they would ensure a floral arrangement (at cost) was placed with complimentary champagne. Further email correspondence from Leoni asked if I wanted to place a personal message with the floral arrangement, which she also arranged for me. The day before flying I received a further email from the hotel asking if they could contact me via phone as had something to offer us - they once again immediately contacted me direct from Cyprus, we were offered a free room upgrade from our cabana room to the amazing Royal Penthouse (Presidential) Suite!
On arrival our bags were collected by the bellboy and taken to the room within minutes while we completed the check-in process which was performed with absolute ease due to the accommodating front desk staff. We entered our 3rd floor penthouse room, it was totally amazing!! words cannot describe how luxurious this room is but needless to say we could not believe we were now staying in this suite for 2 weeks. Wanting to thank our Guest Relations Manager (Phillippa) we shot back to the lobby. Phillippa could not be more helpful & lovely, she belayed fears we had that the room may not be a completely free upgrade and talked us through why we had been selected for this fabulous upgrade. Once back in the room a 2nd bottle of champagne in an ice bucket had been placed courtesy of Phillippa with a lovely message wishing us a happy anniversary & great holiday. This is attention we have never received anywhere and I personally have traveled to many countries all over the world, an absolute credit to not only the Alexander the Great Hotel but the hotel industry in its entirety.
All hotel staff greeted us with smiles and friendly chat wherever we went, especially Emma & the head waiter in the restaurant, they went out of their way to help when I felt unwell one evening and didn't make dinner, many thanks to them both and all the restaurant staff.
The hotel itself is fantastic, very clean and furnished to high standards. We found the pool area the best we have ever experienced. The allocation system for sunbeds is such a great idea too, on day 1 we just went to see Nikos who allocated us sunbeds of our choice plus parosol which are then ours for the entire stay unless you want to swap mid week, no need to place towels at 5am every morning just saunter out any time of day and your sunbeds are ready for you.
This is a hotel we would both recommend 100%, even leaving was emotional we loved this stay so much, think Phillippa can testify to that!
We would like to thank all the staff once again for a perfect holiday and even better silver wedding anniversary, you were all amazing. We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- • Award-winning hotel• Great ‘EU Blue Flag’ beachfront location • Unique central location overlooking the picturesque harbour and old Castle • Recently Renovated • Accommodation capacity 202 rooms• New Garden Superior Cabanas (suitable for couples) Front Sea view, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• New Superior Cabanas with infinity private pool(suitable for adults) Front Sea View, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite, Full Sea View, Ultra luxury with elegant furniture, Private dining and lounge area, sunbathing facilities, spacious veranda, luxury bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; VIP check-in. • Superior Rooms – Front Sea View Rooms offering bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; • Standard Rooms – Front Sea View, Side Sea View & Inland View• New HB & FB plus concept that includes dine around, with the choice of 5 restaurants and free drinks package included with every meal • Roxanne’s Restaurant serves live cooking shows and buffet style theme nights that vary each night; • Garibaldi serves á la carte Italian cuisine (adults-only); • Kiku serves a la carte Japanese cuisine; • Limanaki Greek Tavern overlooking the Mediterranean sea, serves traditional Cyprus meze• Pella pool bar offering snacks, refreshments and cocktails.• Breakfast & lunch served in the Café Royal Restaurant in buffet and show cooking style. A la carte menu is also available at lunch.• Alexander’s main cocktail bar with daily entertainment; • Large lobby & terrace with bamboo style sofas and live piano 3 times a week; • Unique sun bed allocation system to ensure your own sun bed and parasols during your stay; • Free-form swimming pool; (free usage) • Free usage of indoor heated pool (winter) with whirlpool overlooking Paphos old harbor • Aphrodite New Health Club & Spa; Free sauna & steam bath. Massages, facials, manicure and pedicure also available at charge• New spacious fully equipped gym; Tennis court• Hairdressing Saloon • Havana – new outdoor entertainment venue• Professional entertainment & Animation team through out the year• Kids’ Club, professionally run, kids disco and other supervised activities.• Healthy children’s menus• Cots and high chairs available• Kids’ own pool• Family orientated hotel• Wedding venues available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Alexander The Great Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander The Great Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Paphos
- Alexander The Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Cyprus
- Alexander Great Cyprus