The greatest asset of the Alexander the Great Beach Hotel is it's staff - they are polite, friendly and extremely helpful. Raj has an extra special smile which never fades and Emma and Paula are always cheerful and clearly proud to provide such excellent service!
There is a cocktail reception once a week for new arrivals and this is hosted by some the senior managers - which I think demonstrates how much they value their customers. This also enables you to recognise the management and raises your awareness of their high profile around the hotel at all times.
We very much enjoyed the 3 a la carte restaurants - the quality and presentation of the food was excellent and it was lovely to be served rather than going to a buffet.
If staying half or full board, a bottle of water and a glass of wine/beer/soft drink are included with each meal. This is a brilliant idea and cuts down on costs.
Although we didn't use it much, the on site entertainment was excellent - the All Stars Team work incredibly hard all day and again never stop smiling!
It was perfect for us to be allocated sun beds in the adults only pool area as we were travelling without children.
The happy hour in the at the Infinity Bar was brilliant - only 2 types of cocktail included, although other drinks were available but the Ouzo Special was potent and pleasurable and only 2 Euros each!
Our room and balcony were smaller than we anticipated but this was our own fault as we booked the wrong type of room (twin instead of double), however it was quiet and the housekeeping was incredibly efficient. (Thomson's brochure shows the same photos for most types of room and our room certainly looked nothing like the ones in the brochure.) Again the staff couldn't do enough for us and they were always cheerful and polite. A big thank you Karinoula and the other ladies.
We have been to many 4* hotels around the Med but none come close to this quality of service.
Although the local beaches are not large and sandy there are plenty of places to safely swim in the sea.
Pafos town is an easy stroll along the waterfront and has an interesting archaeological site spread over a huge area (4.5 Euros entry fee). Don't visit this when the sun is high as there is no shade, but it is a must see!
The exchange rate in the town was better than back in the UK. (and a litre of Bombay Sapphire was only 13.50Euros!!!)
Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. Thanks for a lovely holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- • Award-winning hotel• Great ‘EU Blue Flag’ beachfront location • Unique central location overlooking the picturesque harbour and old Castle • Recently Renovated • Accommodation capacity 202 rooms• New Garden Superior Cabanas (suitable for couples) Front Sea view, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• New Superior Cabanas with infinity private pool(suitable for adults) Front Sea View, with Jacuzzi bath luxury bathrobes, towels & slippers, free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; free internet access, VIP check In• Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite, Full Sea View, Ultra luxury with elegant furniture, Private dining and lounge area, sunbathing facilities, spacious veranda, luxury bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; VIP check-in. • Superior Rooms – Front Sea View Rooms offering bathrobes, towels and slippers; Free tea & coffee facilities replenished daily; Free internet access; • Standard Rooms – Front Sea View, Side Sea View & Inland View• New HB & FB plus concept that includes dine around, with the choice of 5 restaurants and free drinks package included with every meal • Roxanne’s Restaurant serves live cooking shows and buffet style theme nights that vary each night; • Garibaldi serves á la carte Italian cuisine (adults-only); • Kiku serves a la carte Japanese cuisine; • Limanaki Greek Tavern overlooking the Mediterranean sea, serves traditional Cyprus meze• Pella pool bar offering snacks, refreshments and cocktails.• Breakfast & lunch served in the Café Royal Restaurant in buffet and show cooking style. A la carte menu is also available at lunch.• Alexander’s main cocktail bar with daily entertainment; • Large lobby & terrace with bamboo style sofas and live piano 3 times a week; • Unique sun bed allocation system to ensure your own sun bed and parasols during your stay; • Free-form swimming pool; (free usage) • Free usage of indoor heated pool (winter) with whirlpool overlooking Paphos old harbor • Aphrodite New Health Club & Spa; Free sauna & steam bath. Massages, facials, manicure and pedicure also available at charge• New spacious fully equipped gym; Tennis court• Hairdressing Saloon • Havana – new outdoor entertainment venue• Professional entertainment & Animation team through out the year• Kids’ Club, professionally run, kids disco and other supervised activities.• Healthy children’s menus• Cots and high chairs available• Kids’ own pool• Family orientated hotel• Wedding venues available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Alexander The Great Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander The Great Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Paphos
- Alexander The Great Hotel Paphos
- Alexander Great Hotel Cyprus
- Alexander Great Cyprus