We travelled for a wedding, and there was a large group of us ranging in age from 2 to 80. There were ups and downs to this hotel. The food was fine for all inclusive, although I do wish they wouldn't provide tinned fruit at breakfast, rather than fresh fruit (they did provide kiwi fruit, and oranges but that was the only fresh fruit at breakfast). The food on offer was tasty, and if you looked around all the food stations, you could usually get something nice to eat.
Everyone in our group enjoyed the pools, they were well managed, with plenty of life-guards. I would say that the pool was the best part of the hotel, and the place where everyone enjoyed themselves. It has been a long time since going to an All Inclusive hotel where you are not supplied with pool towels. Also, you have to get up early in the morning to safe sun loungers (I was up early one morning, and people had already been out before 6am!)
Rooms that others in our party stayed at seemed quite nice, ours appeared to be the only one that hadn't been refurbished, and I also complained about the strong smell of drains or sewage in our room, this wasn't resolved. Others in our party didn't have the same problem though so I think it depends where your room is.
The air conditioning was not very good, espeically in the restaurant in the evenings, half way through the meal I became too hot, someone in our party complained about this, but were left feeling they were the only one to complain.
The staff at the hotel were really good, the bar staff, restaurant staff and reception staff were all polite, helpful whilst all being really busy.
The entertainment was a bit of a let down, this was mainly due to the timings being all out. If something was advertised as being 10pm, it often didn't start until much later.
All in all, we enjoyed the holiday. It was for a family wedding, which was wonderful, the kids really enjoyed their time there, and ultimately if you are going with children, if they are happy, then usually the parents are happy.
If I was travelling without children, as a couple, I would book into the hotel next door, which was adults only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Louis Phaethon Beach 4 star hotel in Pafos is located on the Paphos coast near the picturesque harbor and only 10 km from Paphos International Airport. Louis Phaethon Beach is also an all inclusive hotel in Pafos located directly on the beach, with an unlimited Mediterranean Sea view. Relax at the Louis Phaethon Health Club, enjoy a swim in one of our indoor or outdoor pools or forget your stress and go for a steam bath or a jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Louis Phaethon Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Louis Phaethon Beach Paphos
- Phaethon Hotel
- Louis Phaethon Beach Hotel Paphos