Just returned from 11 nights at the Phaethon with my wife and 2 girls (10 & 13). We had stayed at the Phaethon last year and promptly booked as soon as we got back for this year. I can honestly say that I was slightly nervous that our second visit would not be as good as the first but I am glad to report that our stay was equally as good as our first.
There is a wide choice of food which is in plentiful supply. Food is served throughout the day starting with breakfast served in the main dinner area. Too many items to list, but there is not a lot that is not served for breakfast – eggs, bacon, toast, ham, cheese, yogurt, fruit, cereals etc. If you happen to miss breakfast, the Helios pool bar is the place to go. Food is served for most of the day (until 6pm I think) with a selection of sandwiches, chips, ice cream, pasta, mini burgers, drinks etc.
If you are chips, burger, pizza, nuggets blah type person then the cater for you. If the last thing you want to see is a burger than there is plenty for you too. There are themed nights e.g. International, Italian, Cyprus etc and the food is of a very good standard. My personal view is that I would like to of seen more local Cypriot dishes but I suppose I am being a bit picky. If you are a cheese cake lover, then you will be in cheese cake heaven.... really gorgeous, tasty cheesecakes that are going to take a number of sessions at the gym to get shot of!
The staff work tirelessly keeping the hotel clean, helping you with your stay etc. The animation team seem to have an endless supply of energy keeping everyone entertained. There are activities throughout the day that you can choose to take part in, but they don’t hassle you if you would rather sit around the pool and do ‘not a lot’. The mini water park is great fun and kept the kids entertained(well ok, me too). There are kids clubs and other activities to keep the kids going if they want to do something different for a day.
We stayed in a room with a sea view which was clean & functional. There was a mini fridge this year(not sure if there is one in every room). The rooms are a little small but we didn’t spend a great deal of time in the room so it didn’t really bother us.
The only negative which I wish the hotel would enforce is a non-smoking policy by the pool. There is nothing worse for a non-smoker to have the smell other peoples cigarette smoke wafting across you . The family next to us, who had too young children (around 3 & 5) smoked throughout the day and at times the mother had a child on her lap while puffing away at a cigarette – It shouldn’t be a surprise I suppose, but you would think people would not want to set their kids a bad example.
A special thank you to both Debbie & Kyriakos who were very helpful and made our stay at the Phaethon one we won’t forget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Louis Phaethon Beach 4 star hotel in Pafos is located on the Paphos coast near the picturesque harbor and only 10 km from Paphos International Airport. Louis Phaethon Beach is also an all inclusive hotel in Pafos located directly on the beach, with an unlimited Mediterranean Sea view. Relax at the Louis Phaethon Health Club, enjoy a swim in one of our indoor or outdoor pools or forget your stress and go for a steam bath or a jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Louis Phaethon Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Louis Phaethon Beach Paphos
- Phaethon Hotel
- Louis Phaethon Beach Hotel Paphos