“Great holiday!”

Ranked #20 of 88 Hotels in Paphos
London, United Kingdom
“Great holiday!”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Just returned from 11 nights at the Phaethon with my wife and 2 girls (10 & 13). We had stayed at the Phaethon last year and promptly booked as soon as we got back for this year. I can honestly say that I was slightly nervous that our second visit would not be as good as the first but I am glad to report that our stay was equally as good as our first.

There is a wide choice of food which is in plentiful supply. Food is served throughout the day starting with breakfast served in the main dinner area. Too many items to list, but there is not a lot that is not served for breakfast – eggs, bacon, toast, ham, cheese, yogurt, fruit, cereals etc. If you happen to miss breakfast, the Helios pool bar is the place to go. Food is served for most of the day (until 6pm I think) with a selection of sandwiches, chips, ice cream, pasta, mini burgers, drinks etc.

If you are chips, burger, pizza, nuggets blah type person then the cater for you. If the last thing you want to see is a burger than there is plenty for you too. There are themed nights e.g. International, Italian, Cyprus etc and the food is of a very good standard. My personal view is that I would like to of seen more local Cypriot dishes but I suppose I am being a bit picky. If you are a cheese cake lover, then you will be in cheese cake heaven.... really gorgeous, tasty cheesecakes that are going to take a number of sessions at the gym to get shot of!

The staff work tirelessly keeping the hotel clean, helping you with your stay etc. The animation team seem to have an endless supply of energy keeping everyone entertained. There are activities throughout the day that you can choose to take part in, but they don’t hassle you if you would rather sit around the pool and do ‘not a lot’. The mini water park is great fun and kept the kids entertained(well ok, me too). There are kids clubs and other activities to keep the kids going if they want to do something different for a day.

We stayed in a room with a sea view which was clean & functional. There was a mini fridge this year(not sure if there is one in every room). The rooms are a little small but we didn’t spend a great deal of time in the room so it didn’t really bother us.

The only negative which I wish the hotel would enforce is a non-smoking policy by the pool. There is nothing worse for a non-smoker to have the smell other peoples cigarette smoke wafting across you . The family next to us, who had too young children (around 3 & 5) smoked throughout the day and at times the mother had a child on her lap while puffing away at a cigarette – It shouldn’t be a surprise I suppose, but you would think people would not want to set their kids a bad example.

A special thank you to both Debbie & Kyriakos who were very helpful and made our stay at the Phaethon one we won’t forget.

1 Thank SteliosKaza
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at Louis Phaethon Beach, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
Dear repeat guest,

We would like to thank you for commenting on a recent stay at the Louis Phaethon Beach.

We are delighted to hear that you were not disappointed by your second visit and that you had another most memorable stay with your family. We are glad to read that you enjoyed our themed nights at the restaurant that offered something new to indulge in every evening and that you noted the cleanliness of our entire premises. Moreover, we are thrilled to read that our animation team offered fun activities for whenever you felt like getting involved while your children had a great time at our Santelino Mini-Club. Please be assured that we duly note your comment about smokers at the pool area which we will look into for possible solutions. All in all, we are pleased to hear that you had another splendid holiday at our lovely destination.

We hope to welcome you back to the Louis Phaethon Beach in the nearest future.

Best regards,

The Management.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,437)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Some reviews on this hotel bemuse me, especially negative reviews. Our family have spent 2 glorious weeks here. All inclusive here was the best I've experienced in 8 years. The food was gorgeous. Pools great and children's pool a dream. Staff always said hello and reception amazing, first night my insulin pump packed in due to intense heats I Thonson rep Andy foned local hospital and within an hour arranged for me to pick up insulin pens. Amazing. You's will not be disappointed and a lovely hour walk to harbour...

• Stayed July 2013
Dear guest,

A big thank you for a short and lovely review about a stay at the Louis Phaethon Beach.

We are proud to hear that you would commend us as your best All Inclusive experience in eight years and are moreover delighted to read that you had a most wonderful stay. It is a pleasure to hear that everything from our splendid cuisine, our outstanding pool area to our kind staff was to your utmost liking.

We would like to thank you for speaking of your holiday at the Louis Phaethon Beach so dearly and we hope that you will visit us soon again.

Yours truly,

Northampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I just wanted to write a note on this hotel as I have just come back with my family and I am already missing the place. After reading the reviews prior to leaving and this holiday being my first all inclusive I was apprehensive on how it was going to turn out . Well, we had a ball here, the staff were very pleasant and always looking after your needs, the food was cooked to perfection ( I recommend losing a stone before going....) and the drinks were plentiful. The entertainment team were spot on and created a fantastic ambience both in the day and at night.

My children really got involved and it allowed me and my wife to relax and catch the rays...

I think this is a must if you want a fun packed holiday in Pathos...

1 Thank Jamie B
Dear guest,

Let us thank you for a few lovely lines about a stay at the Louis Phaethon Beach in Pafos.

Though you had hesitations before embarking on your first All Inclusive experience, we are thrilled to hear that we managed to leave a most wonderful impression. It is a great pleasure to read that our lovely staff took care of all your needs and that you describe our food as cooked to perfection and our drinks plentiful. Moreover, we are delighted to hear that your children found many activities to do while you enjoyed relaxing under the warm sun.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Louis Phaethon Beach in the nearest future.

Warm wishes,

Penryn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We have recently returned from our holiday and wedding at the Loius Phaethon (stayed 24th July - 7th August) and enjoyed every aspect of our stay. We were a family of 6 staying in 3 bedrooms.Our holiday intent was two fold: 1. for my now wife and I to get married and 2. to have a relaxing family holiday with our children. We achieved both.
Our wedding was an intimate affair and comprised just us and our 4 children. We knew in advance that we would be getting married under a gazebo by the beach and that to get to it we would be walking through the public areas. We had no problem with this but if you are a couple who want to get married outside the full glare of other guests then go elsewhere. We exchanged our vows without being overheard by others other than those we hold most dear and the registrar. We were quite taken aback by the spontaneous applause that broke out when I kissed my bride. It brought a lump to my throat. Apart from the applause we remained in blissful ignorance of other hotel guests around us and were very happy in our 'bubble'. With regards to the hotel's input into our wedding day, the staff were extremely attentive, understanding and responsive to our individual needs. I could not fault them.
With respect to the 2nd aspect of our holiday the hotel succeeded again. With a 13 and 11 year old to occupy as well as 2 older children the hotel satisfied all. The water park area and adjacent 'quiet' pool were great for all of us. The habitual dawn raids of fellow guests to stake their sunbeds with their towels never fails to amuse. But this is no different from many other hotels we have stayed in.
The rooms we had all had sea views and were always kept very clean by the housekeeping staff. They are not the largest rooms we have stayed in but with only 2 of us in each room, they were perfectly adequate. The air conditioning was perfectly adequate. Be aware that there are mosquitos around so don't forget to pack some repellant. The public areas were airy, there only shortcoming being that the air conditioning was not switched on until midday, however, this was not an major issue as we were either out exploring what Cyprus has to offer or were by the pool. The food was excellent given the numbers that they are catering for. Yes, you do have to time when to go and eat if you want to avoid the masses but we always managed to sit where we wanted to, whether inside or out. If you are non-smokers, as we are, then it is a little annoying that if you want to enjoy eating outside then you can't guarantee that someone on an adjacent table does not light up a Marlboro in your vicinity. It would be great if smokers had an allocated place to go and smoke instead of in the restaurant area. By the pools there is a bar and eateries; a Chinese and a snack bar. Great for the lunch time but also very easy to over indulge! Mid afternoon either pancakes or waffles are on offer with bucket loads of chocolate spread. My youngest's face was often a giveaway as to where he had been! The reception staff were beyond reproach. They were always warm, welcoming and did everything to make our stay as comfortable as possible.
The hotel's entertainment staff worked tirelessly although we did not go to see many of their shows as we we spent our time in the bar area playing cards and enjoying some family time together. The bar staff were always on hand to keep us supplied with drinks in the evening and did so with a smile.
Overall, I would highly recommend the Louis Phaethon as a destination for your family holidays.

5 Thank MarkAli6265
Dear newlyweds,

We would like to congratulate you and thank you for sharing your experience at the Louis Phaethon Beach with the online community.

Firstly, we are delighted to hear about your spectacular wedding and your commendations for our attentive staff that understood all of your individual needs. Furthermore, we are thrilled to read that every member of your party had a most enjoyable holiday at our splendid waterpark and that they savoured the excellent selection of our cuisine. Moreover, we are happy to hear that your room catered well to all your needs and that our lovely bar staff served your with great standards.

We would like to thank you for recommending us as a great destination for families and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Louis Phaethon Beach in the nearest future.

Faithfully yours,

Kent
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We have just returned from a 11 night stay at the Louis Phaethon (27th July - 7th August 2013. I have to say the hotel, staff, food, resort, and everything about the holiday was excellent. This is the best all inclusive hotel we have ever stayed in in Cyprus and we have been to Cyprus eight times!! But this was our first stay here and we will most definitely go again! We arrived at 11.30pm and were ushered to the restaurant where they put on food for us before checking in which was so easy compared to lots of other hotels were have stayed in.

Hotel is very clean and well maintained. Excellent facilities and space for guests. Staff were excellent and the waitresses in the bar area in the evening were excellent, service was fantastic and they were always available to serve you with a smile, nothing was too much trouble for them!

The food was the best selection we've ever had on an all inclusive holiday. The main restaurant has great selection for breakfast and evening meal and we found the pool bar had a brilliant selection at lunch. The food selection for kids was great - burgers, pizza, pasta, sausage rolls, chicken nuggets etc all in plentiful supply and adult selections for those less fussy than our kids.

We had two family rooms that were not the largest but good enough for what we needed. We asked for a ground floor by the pool as my mum is in a wheelchair a lot of the time and it just made it so easy to wheel her around everywhere! Perfect room as my elderly parents could just sit on their patio and watch what was going on! The rooms were cleaned every day and the maids were fantastic too!

Pool area was lovely, loads of beds even at peak times. Water park area fantastic and my 11 year old loved it. There were plenty of life guards too to keep an eye on things.

Entertainment - loads on offer throughout the day and night. Entertainment staff always smiled and were very polite and not pushy either. All in all well impressed with the level and quality of the entertainment, it would have been nice to sit outside in the evenings though to watch it.

Paphos resort was nice and clean with loads of shops, bars and restaurants to choose from and only a bus ride from the hotel which cost 1.5 euros and the bus stops outside the hotel, so perfect.

All in all I would highly recommend this hotel for an all inclusive holiday. Cannot fault it and we want to return next year with more of our family members, who I'm sure will love it too!

Great value for money, great hotel, great service, great entertainment, great food and drink! What more could you ask for!

The Gilbert and Stonestreet Clan

Room Tip: Ground Floor rooms opposite the pool are perfect!
4 Thank GILBERTSINCYPRUS
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at Louis Phaethon Beach, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear guest,

It is a pleasure to read about your wonderful family holiday and that you would commend our hotel from providing great value for money and the best All Inclusive offer you have experienced in Cyprus. Moreover, we are delighted to hear that you had a smooth and welcoming arrival experience with refreshments already waiting for you, and that you found our spotless property well-maintained with numerous facilities. Additionally, we are pleased to hear that our staff served you with a big smile each day, that you were impressed with the quality of our entertainment and that our rooms were ideal for all your elderly parent's needs.

We would like to thank you for recommending us so highly and are already looking forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to the Louis Phaethon Beach in the nearest future.

Kindest regards,

plymouth england
Reviewed 12 August 2013

arrived at phaethon 11.30 evening ushered to a stifling hot restaurant which was nice to have a snack but we were all so tired we just wanted to check in and get to room. after check in we were pleased to find we were allocated our pool view ground floor rooms. plate of fruit and bottle miniature wine on table nice gesture think this was because we were returning guests. I like to check the room over before I unpack opening a drawer to find a pair of wet mens underpants Yuk I immeditally phoned reception and they sent a cleaner over to remove them, the rooms are average size but we knew this being our 2nd visit. early morning rising is needed if you want a sunbed i had to join the sunbed risers for our stay to ensure we got one were is the strict guideline rule the hotel says it has in place to remove towels I am sure some put their towels out after their evening out, if you wish to have a peaceful breakfast turn up before 8, this is a full resort and very busy so expect the canteen style noise sitting inside restaurant. Pool area had improved due to the extra slides and children s areas strict rules on no food around this area, well done to the improvements bit of a queue for slides on opening at 10 and reopening after lunch plenty lifeguards around too. The service around the bars was always courteous you can ask for drinks to take to your room at night i was also talking to one guest and a kettle was provided, the food was of good selection but it would have been nice to see a Table theme service. entertainment the team were of good humour Thomson Kids club was disappointing as you had to reserve a place couple days in advance as they said they were to busy and places were all alocated so you could not just turn up t shirt painting was 16 euros also they did a few other themed things for the kids which you had to pay for and register for days in advance to get a place? The room walls were splattered with dead mosquitos we even had to kill a few so join the club cause they are rife on the b floor they sprayed the hallways every evening only to leave the doors open for these guests to return again, wedding we seen a few but hey who wants to walk through a pool area and have scantily clad people watching over you saying your vows not my kind of wedding one couple who we met up with who were getting married were so disappointed the future bride opted for a early evening slot and took her guests to the harbour for her evening meal and then told her guests who were not staying at the hotel had to pay 65 euros each to use the privelege of the pool and food for the day.Overall we had a good time yes we had a few Issues which yes you will have and nothing is of excellent rating this is an average hotel,were all staff work hard to please you to the best of their capabilities. enjoy your holiday its what you make of it that counts

Room Tip: pool view rooms on groud floor be warned Mosguitos
2 Thank welshsue56
LOUIS_HOTELS, General Manager at Louis Phaethon Beach, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear repeat guest,

Let us thank you for holidaying once more at the Louis Phaethon Beach.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the view from your room and our small welcoming gifts. Moreover, we are glad that you took note of our brand new waterslides and that you were pleased with the security measures of our life guard. We are also happy to hear that you would commend the courteous service of our lovely staff and the selection of our dishes. We thank you for your recommendation in regards to the table theme service which we will take into consideration for future improvements. Finally, we would like to apologize once more for the drawer incident in your room and are relieved to hear that the situation was dealt with swiftly. All in all, despite these negatives, we are glad to read that you had a good holiday at our destination.

We hope to welcome you back to the Louis Phaethon Beach in the future.

Best regards,

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We have just returned from the Phaethon with our grand children, it has been a few years
Since we had stayed at the hotel and it was even better than when we stayed previously
Several times. The new water park was wicked, I even went on the dough nuts with one
Of the grand children lol. Food and services brilliant, any issues were quickly sorted with
Thomsons and Management.
Room cleanliness was very good, always nice to come back from pool and nice clean room.
Well done and thank you.

Room Tip: Pool view Sea view or overlooking Tennis courts.
1 Thank Rosemary V
Dear repeat guest,

We would like to thank you for a few lovely lines about a stay at the Louis Phaethon Beach.

It is a great delight to hear that you took note of all our improvements and that you found your most recent stay to have exceeded your previous excellent holidays with us. We are thrilled to read that you had such an enjoyable time at our waterpark with your grandchildren and that you indulged once more in the splendid selection of our cuisine.

We hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to the Louis Phaethon Beach in the nearest future.

Warm wishes,