“Spot on - for some....”

Louis Phaethon Beach
Ranked #19 of 84 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed 26 April 2010

We were placed here by our airline when we were stranded in Cyprus (yay!) due to the volcano eruption in Iceland...
so as i rely so much on this site for making our own travel plans i wanted to inform you of what we though of the Louis Phaethon..
The food was absolutely amazing - really spectacular, can't praise the kitchen staff enough for what came out of that kitchen 3 times a day - wow! And there didn't seem to be any distinguishing those who were there on an All Inclusive basis and those on meals only as we could revisit the bar as many times as you like during the evening meal (hiccup ;-)and if you like a full on schedule of entertainment of games and activities by the pool you will love this place (not for us though :-{) The kids and adults alike enjoyed what was on offer from the huge animation team (they just gave me a headache though and we escaped by car to the beach for a couple of days!!)
the hotel is the furthest from the harbour area and you can catch a bus into the area from outside the hotel but i believe the last one is 6.15pm...(?) we walked it the once and it was approx 40 mins stroll - we chose to get a car to see the area and get to Coral Bays sandy beach. I'd say the location is not great for this reason - but i think most people who holiday here would be happy not to leave the hotel..
This hotel mainly caters for the AI family/holiday maker, there were a few weddings there while we were there so i guess it's popular for that as well, if you've got kids to keep entertained and want to stuff your face and be entertained throughout the day i'd say go for it!! If you don't enjoy constant loud music at the pool and like a bit of quiet and romance or authentic travel/adventure i'd say you should look elsewhere -
ps - if you like/need to surf the net on holiday it's 1 euro for 10 mins and the computers in the lobby are horrendous!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lp123
Write a ReviewReviews (5,045)

Reviewed 13 April 2010

Just returned from a weeks stay over Easter in the Louis Patheon Hotel . I have worked in travel for over 25 years and always like to comment on my holidays as I find a lot of people only tend to write reviews for negative reasons. I don't know how anyone can be negative about this hotel I travelled with my husband and son (aged 10 years) We found the hotel to be excellent, very clean, spacious & the staff were very helpful and friendly from the waiters to entertainment staff and the Management, nothing was too much trouble for them. The food was excellent with loads of choices. Our son is a fussy eater and the kids had their own buffet area in the main restaurant which catered for the most fussier of eaters. Beach bar where you could get snacks most of the day. In the main restaurant for lunch and dinner it was excellent loads of choice, my husband and I love local foods and how any one can say it just catered for the English I don’t understand as there was numerous Greek dishes and international ones every meal time and yes there was a good choice of British food also, the hotel would have to do this is to cater for the fussy British adults amongst us!
How anyone can complain about the entertainment - Dido and the entertainment staff worked extremely hard every day and night to keep all ages entertained and you never felt like you had to join in, my husband & I just wanted to relax and that is exactly what we did and yet the entertainment staff always had a smile and an hello for you. This hotel covers everything for every age. It is in a lovely setting in a quiet part of Paphos but still within easy reach of the town by the local bus which stops right outside the front of the hotel.
I have stayed in manly all inclusive hotels and you couldn’t even eat the food or drink the drink, this hotel is not one of them you are spoilt for choice in food and drinks available in your all inclusive package. Overall a brilliant holiday and would recommend it for any age group. A tip if you are looking for a good all inclusive hotel in Greece or Cyprus you can't go wrong with a Louis Hotel - I have stayed in 5 now and you can't fault any of them.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank ruthexcosmosrep
Reviewed 5 April 2010

I went to this hotel the other month having looked at some really nice pictures, but when I turned up I was a bit dissapointed with what I saw. Although the hotel was generally quite nice with some really nice food, it was quite cold which meant the outside pool was too cold to use and the beach on the grounds of the hotel was not at all as nice as it looked in the picture. I am sure this holiday would have been better if I had gone another time of year but I was quite dissapointed because also the entertainment wasnt great and it rained quite a few days when I went. I might give this holiday another chance if I went another time of year but at the moment I wouldnt reccomend you to go until the weather is quite hot

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank LottieBabe97
Reviewed 5 April 2010

Had a week at this resort with my 13yr old daughter. Had a great time - lots of activities (Dido and team were great - even if the shows were a little hilarious from time to time!). The pool was huge but freezing due to the time of year (later in the season it gets warm apparently!). All inclusive deal was great - you can eat for England (and some people did just that!). The location was brilliant and the bus stop right out side the hotel took us up to the market or to the crystal clear waters of Coral Beach. We had a great week and would go back again. Nothing fancy, no frills, and you need to take the whole in-house entertainment as you find it! The only thing I would say against this resort is that it needs a good upgrade - the gym is definitely past its sell by date and the corridors/rooms could do with a make over, but for what we paid and for the time we were there it was OK!

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed 28 March 2010

I got married in this hotel in Sep 2009, the moment we arrived the staff and management team were wonderful. We were a group of 45 and the staff made my wedding day really special - would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking about getting married abroad, also the food, drink and entertainment were great .Best hotel ive ever stayed at.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2010

We have just returned from this hotel after a disappointing week aboard theThomson Spirit. The lobby, reception, dining room and public areas are very well maintained, however, the bedrooms are a little tired. Don't let this put you off, our room was kept nice and clean with plenty of linen changes.

We had a really terrific week there. The food was good with plentiful choices, trays of wines, beer, soft drinks as you enter for lunch and dinner, breakfast even offered sparkling wine. There are facilities to top up your own water bottle too.

All the staff are polite and friendly, we had not expected this in the bar because, in past hotels, staff have been rather surly because of no tips on AI, nothing could be further from the truth with the staff there. The drinks are generous and not at all watery and the waiters remembered your particular tipple when it came to top ups..

The entertainment (now called animation) team were keen and made sure all ages were included in the games and fun. We tried sports we have not done before, including archery. The evening shows were a good standard too. There is sequence dancing, mornings and evenings. Its is a good family hotel with plenty of facilities from toddlers to teens - and beyond.

The infinity pool is huge with plenty of sun beds and life guards, there is an outdoor restaurant, pool bar. There is no beach to speak of really but there is an indoor pool with sauna, small gym.

Hotel is a little way out of Paphos but regular 15 minute bus services run to the harbour and indoor market, 1.50 euro each way, p.p.

We will be returning to this hotel later in the year, we will not bother with a seaview room this time, the inland views are O.K.

Just go and enjoy the hotel for what it is - terrific value, friendly staff, good food, good weather.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2010

We stayed here for our Honeymoon, which was in the Europe Heatwave of 2007 - the weather was therefore absolutely scorching with 40 degrees everyday. The hotel was very pleasant, attractive reception area, very clean and spacious. The pool was large enough with a seperated area for children to stay safe. There was constant entertainment around the pool all day, ranging from games in the pool to a DJ playing daytime tunes while you sunbathed on the loungers surrounding the pool. Food was average, nothing special but not bad either - the desserts were the best! So much choice!

The rooms were average, nothing special but no complaints either - air con was effective, clean and sufficient space.

The massage therapist was excellent - best massage I have ever had, and well worth the money.

My only grumble would be space around the pool - if you don't get up at sunrise to grab a lounger, you won't get anywhere near the pool edge or you may even be hard pushed to even find a lounger......other than that, the holiday was good and we enjoyed our time there.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple