We arrived at the hotel very late and I thought the reception staff dealt with everyone very quickly and efficiently. However, when we got to the rooms I was immediately disappointed. It must be one of the smallest hotel rooms we've ever stayed in and the room (and the corridors) look extremely tired and dated and are in dire need of an upgrade. I've never been in a so-called 4 star hotel where they don't provide beach towels and although we weren't supposed to take the towels out of the rooms this is what we ended up doing.
The food was a bit bland and samey but basically OK, although the restaurant staff were so keen to whip your plate away that one day at breakfast I went to get a coffee and came back to find my half eaten breakfast cleared away. The pool is large and there are plenty of sunbeds, we never had any difficulty in getting one although I'm sure later in the summer it must be a different story. The animation team worked really hard and weren't pushy if you didn't want to join in. However, after hearing them all day and watching their shows in the evening, it would be great if they were just allowed to exit quietly after the show. It's not necessary to jump down off the stage and try to get people to dance to cheesy pop tunes. After 11pm adults are perfectly capable of dancing without the aid of the animation team. In fact, the best way of getting the guests to dance in the nightclub would be to actually play some decent music. I must mention the bar staff as they were absolutely brilliant; very efficient and friendly.
The hotel is quite a way from Paphos but there is a regular bus service that goes from right outside which is very convenient. My husband used the gym most days but was disappointed in the equipment; it's just another part of the hotel that needs an upgrade.
In summary, Thomson need to stop advertising this as a four star hotel as it most definitely is not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Louis Phaethon Beach 4 star hotel in Pafos is located on the Paphos coast near the picturesque harbor and only 10 km from Paphos International Airport. Louis Phaethon Beach is also an all inclusive hotel in Pafos located directly on the beach, with an unlimited Mediterranean Sea view. Relax at the Louis Phaethon Health Club, enjoy a swim in one of our indoor or outdoor pools or forget your stress and go for a steam bath or a jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Louis Phaethon Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Louis Phaethon Beach Paphos
- Phaethon Hotel
- Louis Phaethon Beach Hotel Paphos