“Definitely a winner!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 90 Hotels in Paphos
Weston super Mare
“Definitely a winner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We've just returned from a week in Paphos at the Avanti Hotel and already my parents are looking to book themselves in next year. The hotel is lovely, very clean and comfortable. Great pool and friendly staff. We had a pool view room which was everything you would expect but maybe the bathroom was a little tired. However, the beds were the best I've slept in anywhere. We were on the bed & breakfast tariff and the breakfasts were good in choice and quality. The hotel offered a voucher for one evening meal for 13 euros per head and we chose to use this on the 'Greek' night and had a very enjoyable meal. All the meals including breakfast are totally self service buffet style which may not suit everybody but at least you choose exactly what and how much you want.All in all, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will certainly be going back.

Room Tip: we were in room 5010 and faced the pool and I would choose this floor and location again but ask to...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (838)
  • Hungarian first
HERTFORDSHIRE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Didn't even have our wedding at this hotel and they made us feel so special.... Lots of gifts and surprises in our room when arrived! We arrived late and had sandwiches left in our fridge.... NICE touch!!
Met with Liza the next day who told us we were free to use all there spa facilities which was so kind. And needed as I came out with a terrible cold. They also stored my dress and hung it out for me to de crease!
Couldn't believe all this nice treatment even though we had our wedding somewhere else!
Clean rooms and the maids were so nice and polite! One of which I hope enjoyed my bouquet! ;0)
Facilities are good here and the staff are so friendly! Very hard working waitress staff and very friendly service from everyone!!!
EVERY HOTEL NEEDS A LIZA!!!! She is AMAZING!!!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to poolside view!!! It's worth it for the lovely view!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bolton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

just returned from the Avanti,clean good staff quite disabled friendly needs some rooms
with separate showers for disabled the bath with swivel chair isn't safe.
the so called drop kerbs in paphos are horrendous and dangerouse for anyone on a mobility scooter.ive got to say the food in hotel is very poor.jim bolton

Room Tip: fourth floor was ok
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank stanny2013
Cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here first week in October. Reception staff extremely helpful and friendly. We were greeted with a glass of orange on our arrival. Rooms were a good size, lovely and clean and very comfy beds. Pool and pool area were immaculate and not at all crowded at this time of year. The food was good with several choices each evening.The restaurant does a themed night from different regions each evening but despite this the food seemed very similar each time. We did like the evenings where staff did mix individual salads.
The evening entertainment was mixed. There were a couple of really good acts, but the rest can only be described as dull.
The hotel is a five minute walk from a small beach which is uninspiring and the larger municipal beach a short bus ride away,which our holiday rep recommended, was run down and depressing unlike Coral Bay which was busy but beautiful.
The bus service was excellent. Frequent,easy to use,cheap and takes you anywhere. The location of the hotel worked well because of the bus service.
We would happily return to the Avanti again.

• Stayed October 2013
Carterton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

We have recently returned from a week stay at the Avanti hotel, Paphos (29th Sept - 6th Oct). We booked half board. Overall we found it to be a good 3 star but not quite a 4. We arrived early hours so sandwiches were provided in our rooms that night along with tea/coffee which is only available the first night. (bring tea bags if you drink tea!)

The room was clean enough although a little shabby on the decoration but we slept well as did our son sleeping in the travel cot provided. Would have preferred a double/king size bed for myself and the hubby instead of a single bed each as we could not push them together through falling in the middle. The fridge is provided free of charge which comes in handy to keep water in. We stayed in a room with a conjoining door in which my mother in law was staying in the next room (good or not I don't know? lol) but the walls are fairly thin plus you had to slam the doors really hard in order to close them so you would hear a lot of door slamming when others were going down for breakfast etc. The rooms have air conditioning but only work once they key is in.

Once seated for breakfast the variety of food was good but the quality was not. I had a plum one day and when I bit in to it it was rotten inside! Looked fine from the outside. I did try to inform a member of staff but they were all so busy setting tables etc so instead informed reception on my review card when leaving. Now, there was a bit of a toast situation which someone has GOT to do something about. There were two toasters. One I put bread in 4 times in order for it to be just about toasted enough to eat and the other I had to put in twice and it burnt so I gave up with that as there was a long que as it was taking so long. I did happen to be next to some kind of hotel inspector at the time and we did discuss it as he said it wasn't good enough so I'm hoping they will buy one that actually toasts properly soon. Just a note for future too - all the spreads, jam etc should be placed near the toaster rather than main area.

Dinner was again a mixture of random foods but quality not good especially the meats. If you plan to stay here I would recommend going self catering as there are plenty of restaurants nearby with better quality foods at good prices. By the end of the week we gave up eating any of the hotels food.

We spent most of the week by the pool. It was not heated at all so only a quick dip to cool down every now and again and that was it. It was clean and I did see the water also being tested a couple of times which is good to see. They also have a children's pool but even that wasn't heated either and my son couldn't go in long as he was shivering plus it goes straight in to deep so ended up just perched on the side with his feet in instead. The poor bar staff (women) were really friendly too. There were quite a few ants about but I guess that isn't really helped.

At the end of the week I had a full body massage as I had a voucher in my room for 10 euros off making it only 35 euros which I think is a good price. The lady was so lovely and that was probably the best part of my stay.

There was also an indoor swimming pool (also not heated, brr), gym, spa, gaming facilities (air hockey and poole).

As for entertainment this was fairly poor. One night there was a lady singing outside near the bar and it was so loud you could hear it throughout most of the hotel although she did seem to be doing her best and another there was some kind of band although we didn't stay to watch and didn't notice anything else happening as they don't really have a room for the entertainment. The band was in the lobby of the hotel.

The hotel offers free wi-fi but only in the hotel lobby. I did not realise this until the final night as we were not told neither did we see any signs to say so. This would have been a great pro if we had known sooner.

The women on reception seemed quite friendly but there was one man who didn't seem too happy to be there or make any conversation when spoke to.

Regards to days out there is not a great deal you can do. The marina is about 25 minutes walk away which has a few shops and a castle you can visit, there is also a water park in the opposite direction but other than that there is the beach which we didn't bother going to.

I am not one to visit places a second time and I'm sorry to say I would not stay at this hotel again. The reason for our visit to Paphos was my brother in law got married at The Great Alexander and we wanted to stay in a separate hotel close by (10 minutes). The difference between The Avanti and Alexander were massive. Granted the Alexander has recently been refurbished and is a 5 star but you do get what you pay for and I would say to stay there instead of the Avanti.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Warrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Just returned from a last minute break with wife and friends. Really enjoyed the break, the weather was fantastic during the day and although a bit chilly at night, was not a real problem. The girls spent all day by the pool but the boys were very competetive and took part in most of the daily sports, and most days came back with at least one first prize. Thanks to Jenna and Veronika for making the week so enjoyable.
The hotel itself is well positioned, about a twenty minute walk into the town, or a €1.50 bus ride, and the bus stops right outside both entrances to the hotel. We stayed B&B and the breakfast was of a good standard, and had good choice of hot and cold food available, as well as the usual fruit, yoghurts etc. There was a egg/omelette/pancake making section which were all freshly made. The tea left a lot to be desired, but then us English are quite particular about some things, and tea is one of them. The coffee was good and strong, the opposite of the orange juice, which was rather weak and tasteless. The cleaning service in the restaurant was fine, and there were plenty of tables outside in the morning sunshine, which was great. My only problem was the number of cats wandering around and being fed by the guests, or even eating leftovers from on top of the tables. They need to do something about these pests.
The bedroom was fine, good size, plenty of hanging and drawer space. It was cleaned each day and new towels left, which was good.
You were given a pool towel which saved on luggage weight bringing your own, but they were not really big enough. Sunbeds were of the plastic mesh covering type which were ok, but could have done with a padded cushion, which I would have gladly paid for each day.
Bar prices were a little high but you do come to expect that in hotels. The food served at the poolbar at lunchtimes was excellent.
On the whole, a good quality hotel with good facilities in a good location. You can't really ask for much more.

Room Tip: You have to pay €8 per night for a pool view room, which also probably gets the late evening sunshin...
Stafford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

This September we got married in the avanti hotel with 40 of our closest friends and family. We had a fabulous time! The staff were so friendly and helpful. Liza the wedding planner/ assistant manager arranged everything for the wedding, it was so stress free. She looked after every detail and made everything run smoothly. It was perfect!!! Thank you avanti hotel for an amazing 10 days that we'll remember for a long time to come. Hopefully return for some anniversaries.
Recommend this hotel for people planning to get married in a hotel abroad.

• Stayed September 2013