3,387 results
All reviews plenty of sunbeds pool area swim up bar crocodile pub squash court beauty salon plenty of choice half board lovely hotel bars and restaurants stayed on a b b basis the bus great holiday evening meal a family run hotel animation team pool towels
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Our room was good with a pleasant balcony . The breakfast was very varied and the staff at breakfast and in the rest of the hotel were very helpful and friendly . The reception staff were always accommodating with the answers to our questions . Overall we had a great time and enjoyed the evening entertainment and the other facilities like the gym . Thank you to all at the Avanti Hotel

Room Tip: Our room on the third floor was good for us.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2018

This was my first time visiting Cyprus and staying at The Avanti, the reason the hotel was picked was due to its high rating on here. I stayed for 11 nights between 12 May to 23 May 2018 on half board basis.

I have tried to give a balanced review, although I will not be returning.

Positives:

+ Welcoming & friendly reception staff - nothing is to much trouble

+ I arrived at the hotel at 10.30pm missing dinner, a pack of sandwiches was in the fridge in my room - a nice touch & I was also given a voucher for an evening meal on 23 May instead, unfortunately my flight was in the afternoon on 23rd so I couldn't use it.

+Main meals and salads changed each evening. All food cooked well and regularly replenished with kitchen staff standing by keeping watch. Chinese night was the best by far.

+Renata who oversees the breakfast & dinner is very welcoming/friendly

+Hotel is in a quiet location (20/25 min walk to harbour area)

+Hotel shop is competitively priced for example €2.50 for a 6 pack of 1.5 litre bottles (9 lits) meaning you don't have to carry that amount of water from shops to your room, there are no chain supermarkets nearby so this is price the same or within 10/20 cents

+Dark haired lady in the hotel shop is very friendly, always happy to chat & seemed genuinely interested in you/your holiday.

+Chairs in the room & receptio/lobby bar are very comfy

+Air conditioning in room is very good

+Good sized rooms & private balcony

+Hairdryer in the actual room and not bathroom

+Excellent guitarist in the entertainment programme

Negatives:

-Deserts never change, I was very bored by the last night & I didn't have anything.

-Tables are cleared away far too quickly before you have even finished. I really found this an issue at breakfast. I would leave my table to get a cup of tea & return to find my croissant etc gone or vice versa, one morning this happened twice!!.
I found this extremely irritating, if there were two of you, one could guard the table but I was not in that position, waiters were obviously unaware of their guests or looking at what they were clearing why would someone leave a full cup of tea or glass of water etc.
At dinner I had to stop a table being cleared after a couple went to get their main course, it was obvious they were still there, only starter set of cultery had been used, drinks not yet finished etc.
Plates are also cleared before everyone on a table is finished having worked in this industry myself, you should never to do this.

-There were no drinks list on the tables at dinner, which is unusual, this also makes you assume they are expensive as if you weren't ashamed of the prices you would put them out, wouldn't you?!
This would have also helped with language barrier as on my first night I ordered a large glass of rose only to receive red. I'll let you be judge of prices, large glass of wine €6.50, large soft drink €3.50.
I didn't order water but a couple told me they were being charged €5.00 for a 1 litre bottle, after requesting a copy of their room bill half way through their stay, they told me they were not happy. They had also experienced the rose/red issue too & had sent their red back, only to be charged for both.

-People being allowed to smoke in their rooms/corridors not pleasant for non smokers, I don't want my room to smell, on the morning I left it was coming through the gap under my door not nice

-Room-
The below about the cleanliness saga of the rooms during my stay

On entering & at first glance everything in the room I was allocated 5077 appears fine.

I went into the bathroom (there are only two spot lights above the basin, so the bath/shower area is dark) & the plug in the basin would not pop up, so water would not drain away (No plug & chain but one where you push the lever behind the tap) therefore I was thinking why did the chambermaid not report this & how could the basin be clean as if it had been cleaned they would have reported it to maintenance. Reception said that Maria head of housekeeping would be horrified that this was not reported although missing the point on how could it be clean?!

I take anti-bac wipes away with me just in case, so I now ran these across all bathroom and room surfaces. A few hairs that weren't mine were on the bathroom's & lets just say the wipes weren't white when I'd finished in the room. (Excluding TV remote control and air con controls which always get missed in most hotels which are always yucky) I boiled the kettle a few times to do the bath.

The next morning maintenance came in & fixed the plug although leaving some brown mess in the sink, which with anti-bac wipes & boiling water I killed any germs.

If I could have washed the floor I would have as there was what I would describe as spillages marks in various places.

There are tea/coffee making factilies I had a couple of mugs of tea & I expected that each day the used mugs/spoons would be sent down to the kitchen for washing and replaced with clean new ones. How wrong was I, my mugs/spoons didn't go near the kitchen, you could still see reminiscents of previous day's tea inside them. I then asked reception for clean mugs which promptly got brought up to my room.

On returning to my room on the third night after listening to the entertainment, I walked in the room & I saw a cockroach which ran straight under the bed, this re-confirming my view that the room wasn't clean enough.

The receptionist (I don't know her name, she was English & had started in April but she was great) agreed that there was no way I was going to sleep in that room that night. She came up to the room & whilst there also saw the cockroachwhich ran away again, on finally shutting the door to 5077 I saw it crawling up the curtains.

I moved to another room 5075 which was a fun task to do at 1am in the morning. This room was already made up for new arrivals so there should have been no issues!

There was a strong smell of urine in the bathroom although the toilet had a disinfected label on it. The plastic holder for the shower gels etc had old toothpaste & dust on it. There were hairs on the bottom of the hand rail on the wall where the bath was, which made me feel queasy.

I had phoned the receptionist about the smell at 1.30am & asked her to request that housekeeping disinfect the floor & toliet the next day. This was duly carried out and the smell disappeared, if only this was done as it should have been in the first place! I shouldn't have had to ask.

The chambermaid then brought in a plate of fruit & couple of mini bottles of wine with a note with apologies for any inconvenience from the management.

How they thought this would make up for any of the above?, this is a 4* hotel, I always pay for 4*/4*+/5* rated hotel to avoid the above as this is my holiday I certainly don't need or want the hassle.

I returned the gift to reception & explained to another receptionist why & shown pictures of hand rail hairs etc. I also took with me, the so-called clean teaspoons that were in the room which had sugar still stuck to the handles from previous occupants proving my point. She said she would get the guest relations manager to meet with me.

The next evening (as I had been out on a day trip) I met with the manager, who knew I rejected the gift, although it was clear he had only been aware of the cockroach & nothing else.
I then explained all of the above, shown him the photos. He thanked me for my feedback & said they did spray every fortnight for insects. I was not offered anything else to compensate for the above & I'd rather people who were pay to do a job did it properly although I will be writing to TUI as you don't spend £1K on a hoilday for this!

The next day a different chambermaid came in & cleaned my room, she cleaned around the basin area properly and the shower gel holder was now clean although hairs on bath rail were still there (these finally did go a couple of days later!) I was not always in as I had booked trips out but on those occasions there were certainly chambermaids that made more of an effort than others. Although only one ever cleaned the bath.

I think Maria the head of housekeeping needs to do random spot checks on her staff work and actually care. Her department is ultimately letting down the rest of the other departments of the hotel by far. She and her staff ought to go to visit the Cordial Mogan Playa in Gran Canaria a 4* which takes pride in its rooms & all elements of your stay absolutely faultless.

The few other negatives are niggles but with the above housekeeping issues just irrate a little more. On speaking to a couple that had come to the hotel many times, they summed it up by saying that the hotel had become complacent.

If you sort out the basics, you will have a brilliant hotel

Room Tip: Rooms facing tennis court/field are quiet as away from pool area but only get the morning sun
Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2018

I travelled with my husband and 4 family members.This hotel was absolutely spotless and very comfortable. The staff were very Friendly,helpful and enjoyed a bit of banter. They could not do enough to help my husband who has Alzheimer's and my mum who is 90. I would name lots of staff but Maria(housekeeping) Chef Valentino, Zoe(Reception) and The lovely Renata(restaurant) all excelled themselves in customer service. But as I said the staff in this hotel are fabulous.
The hotel has two restaurants we used one for breakfast one fur dinner The food was delicious with plenty of choices. If you want a cracking pizza though go to the pool bar its a long time since I have tasted anything quite so light and flavoursome. We had side poolview/sea views rooms which were a good size comfortable beds with the usual tea making facilities. They have three rooms for disabled people and I would say this is probably not enough as the showered are over the bath, so a couple of rooms more with walk in showers would make this hotel perfect. Don't be put off going though if you are less mobile and are unable to get one of the special rooms because the staff will do their very best to assist you and find a solution and provide a chair to fit over the bath. So all in all we had an excellent holiday and hope to go back to The Avanti very soon.

Room Tip: We were in rooms 50. Lovely morning sun and views of pools and entertainers.Lifts were quick and they were on both sides of the corriders.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank lindab532016
Reviewed 24 June 2018

This is our 2nd visit to this hotel for 11 night stay from 2nd - 13th June, another fantastic visit and beautifully refurbished rooms. Hotel is very clean and staff are extremely friendly. Many thanks too Effie who made an excellent job in cleaning our room.
My only disappointment is you still have to pay to hire the safe, we believe you should just pay a deposit for the key until its returned, or change to digital safes.
Hotel is ideally situated for some excellent bars and restaurants such as Da Vincis, Golden cafe, Pegasus and Romano's.
Many thanks again for making our stay memorable!

Room Tip: High Floor, Pool Sea View, 5026
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robm145
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Another wonderful stay at the Avanti hotel. The staff are very friendly and efficient, very good facilities. Very picturesque and a five minute bus ride/short walk to the harbour.
Would recommend this hotel to families as well as couples who want to visit the area.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple