Hotel excellent, clean and spacious. Rooms lovely and clean, paid extra for a sea view with balcony which was worth it. Fresh fruit in room on first day. Tea/coffee making facilities and a fridge in room. Plus, 4 beach/pool towels in room so no need to take any with you and take up valuable weight allowance!
Food very good, huge choice for breakfast and evening meal, so much that we didn't get to try everything during a weeks stay. Men must wear long trousers for evening meals. Tip- during your evening meal on Wednesday if you don't want the "hard sell" of Flambee night for the next night, hide the flyer that is on the table and the waiter will think he's already asked you!!
Drinks are not cheap, 5.90 euros for double vodka orange, bacardi coke etc. make use of happy hour or buy from local shop. At Paphos airport is a duty free shop as soon as you land, but cigarettes and spirits are cheaper in supermarkets in Paphos typically 38euros for 200 ciigarettes and 9euros for litre of vodka or bacardi.
Pool is lovely though the pool bar service is sometimes slow. Sunbeds get reserved early but you can usually find a spot on the grass if you carry beds around from other places! Small beach in a sheltered cove.
Two euros on the bus gets you a day ticket to go anywhere, so avoid the long walk into Paphos in the heat.
Undersea walking is a fabulous excursion. They have a website so you can look before you go. A bit nervous to start with, but great to be under the sea feeding the fish. Price was 45 euro.
4 x 4 safari arranged through Thomson (Daktari Safaris) was good getting us up to the Akamas area and loggerhead turtle district. Hot and dusty but great fun and the lunch was superb with as much wine as we could drink. 70 euros was perhaps a little expensive, but still a good day out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel is an adult -focused, four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos situated conveniently close to the places of tourist and archaeological interest as well as to restaurants, bars and shops. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests.This hotel is located 15km away from Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. All the rooms have large balconies with views of the Mediterranean or the surrounding serene landscape, luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower and floor to ceiling windows, fruit & wine and a bottle of mineral water upon arrival. The Executive One Bedroom Suites and the Superior Deluxe rooms include the use of private cabanas on the beach with seating area and sun beds. Room facilities include among others air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, bathrobes and slippers, safety deposit box, ironing facilities, espresso machine as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Sports and leisure facilities include 1 freshwater swimming pool with Jacuzzi, 1 indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, indoor and outdoor short mat bowling facilities and outdoor Green Bowls facilities, a floodlit tennis court. In the hotel's Elixir Spa there is a heated pool, sauna, steam bath, a fully equipped gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages as well as body treatments. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's Restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK) and HotelQuickly so you can book your TUI SENSIMAR Pioneer Beach Hotel by Constantinou Bros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pioneer Beach Paphos
- Hotel Pioneer Beach
- Pioneer Hotel Cyprus
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Paphos
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Cyprus