With these travel reviews I always find it difficult to understand where the person booking has come from ie which walk of life, therefore I think background information should be mandatory to see if it fits your lifestyle/choices.
So here goes, we are 39 and 25 happily married with a bun in the oven, we have been to quite a few amazing places across the world and have a preference for the finer things in life. Our perfect holiday is either baros in the Maldives or the cotton house in mustique (check these out and you will get a better picture of what we like).
Ground work done! On with the review!
The Pioneer hotel (we didn't realise) is part of a group of hotels all situated on the same strip, (if you haven't been to paphos there is a lovely walk on the front along a stone flag path by the sea and the hotels are all situated off this) so your choice is which type of hotel do you prefer? whether it's 5 star, family or adult the choices are there with the Constantinou hotels. The fact is though that the 4 star pioneer is aspiring to be 5 star just like its sister hotel next door so their is very little difference between them apart from the service although this could be more down to how busy the hotel is compared to the 5 star neighbour.
The hotel itself has just been refurbished so as you would expect is nice and clean and we could see no reason to upgrade from our std sea/pool view room. Which we quite often do when we are little bit unsatisfied with our room choice.(spoilt I know! but true!) At the pioneer be careful with your room choice (as with all the hotels on this strip), it is sea view or road, essentially!
We arrived 2 days after the refurb and the hotel was empty so as you would expect, to suit, the service was excellent. As the days progressed we noticed an influx of new staff so the service standards dropped for a few days but we could see the potential as they learnt the ropes.
Lambros the hotel manager introduced himself to us and we have to say his ethics and personality are showing through within the hotel and it's staff which gives you the feeling you are in a much smaller boutique hotel but without the cost!! A really nice touch as we left Lambros came outside and waved us off!
Food - yes please! I defy anyone to be unable to find food they like its an impossibility and deserving a special mention is the Chinese chef whose rice is to die for! The setting for the lunchtime dining is beautiful, dining on a decked area with water all around is fantastic.
All in all this hotel gives you everything you need from a holiday at a good price.
If we didn't have a bun in the oven we would return but the hotel is (quite rightly so) adult only.
We wish Lambros and his team of staff all the best for the summer and thank you for an enjoyable visit
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel is an adult -focused, four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos situated conveniently close to the places of tourist and archaeological interest as well as to restaurants, bars and shops. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests.This hotel is located 15km away from Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. All the rooms have large balconies with views of the Mediterranean or the surrounding serene landscape, luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower and floor to ceiling windows, fruit & wine and a bottle of mineral water upon arrival. The Executive One Bedroom Suites and the Superior Deluxe rooms include the use of private cabanas on the beach with seating area and sun beds. Room facilities include among others air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, bathrobes and slippers, safety deposit box, ironing facilities, espresso machine as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Sports and leisure facilities include 1 freshwater swimming pool with Jacuzzi, 1 indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, indoor and outdoor short mat bowling facilities and outdoor Green Bowls facilities, a floodlit tennis court. In the hotel's Elixir Spa there is a heated pool, sauna, steam bath, a fully equipped gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages as well as body treatments. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's Restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pioneer Beach Paphos
- Hotel Pioneer Beach
- Pioneer Hotel Cyprus
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Paphos
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Cyprus