Two 49 year olds just returned from 10 days at the Pioneer Beach hotel and no complaints really. You would have to be hard pushed or extremely critical to find a lot at fault. We arrived at 10pm at night so excused the inclusive coach transfer and opted to get a taxi outside the airport. No waiting and 30 Euros.
We booked a sea view room through Thomson’s online; we had a room side on the hotel but a good view of the sea and lovely views of sun going down at night. Bed was huge and lots of pillows to choose from.Good sized bathroom. Complimentary wine and fruit were in the room as was a bottle of water.
We opted for the B&B option, from fresh fruit, chesses and cold meats to full English breakfast and omelettes cooked to order. There was even a healthy option table and an impressive gluten free section. Most people were on a mission to fill their plates with as much food as they could! We ate at the snack bar at lunchtime and an average of 20 Euros a time.
Sun beds were an issue from previous reading on here and were correct, this seems more from the ‘mature’ age group of the guests (we still think we are young) and whom seem intent on getting up at an unearthly hour, banging their doors and rushing to get a sun bed nearest the pool/bar/toilets, most didn’t even venture into the pool the whole holiday from what we saw. We got up at a leisurely 9am and went to the beach a short stroll past the pool and had no problems getting a sun bed. There was a small jetty as well to avoid the seaweed just leading off the beach for the faint hearted. I must add there were some guests younger than us but not many.
We ate out every evening except the bar-b-q night which is held weekly at the hotel which was worth staying for. All the other evenings we walked down the road to the Crocodile Bar and had a few drinks. There were numerous restaurants in that arer which we ate in. Gabor – French restaurant, 60 Euros with wine and they give you a complimentary glass of liquor when you pay. Well worth a visit, we went twice; ladies get given a rose when you leave. The Rib Shack next door, steaks, fajita's, chicken etc, this was good and about 50 Euros with wine, Bombay Restaurant, Indian, was good as well. Don Luigi’s pizzeria went for pasta here and the best I have ever tasted. All these restaurants were in the same road and next to each other. We walked the mile or so back to the Hotel after dinner stopping at the Häagen-Dazs for ice cream which is a must. Buses run every hour and at only 1 euro each day is good but we liked to walk.
We hired a car for 3 days, the Thomson rep tried to book one for us through their Europcar dealer but she got exasperated with them as she admitted they were useless and we tried the hotels car hire. Immediate availability. We also hired Quad Buggy for 60 Euros for the day and drove up into the hills that was great fun; we went to the recommended Latchi and ate at Faros in the harbour.
The drinks in the hotel were overpriced, we had bought some spirits at the airport and then mixers at the supermarket and then enjoyed them sitting on our balcony at night. The mini fridge in the room was excellent for these drinks.
All in all I can recommend Pioneer Hotel, though be warned, the lady who we hired the Quad Buggy from told us it was the ‘old peoples’ hotel. Come end of September apparently all the mobility scooters turn up at the hotel, and the majority of guests are over 65. I am not sure how much truth there is in this but it’s always good to have a bit of warning.
We would return to the hotel but not for a few years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel is an adult -focused, four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos situated conveniently close to the places of tourist and archaeological interest as well as to restaurants, bars and shops. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests.This hotel is located 15km away from Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. All the rooms have large balconies with views of the Mediterranean or the surrounding serene landscape, luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower and floor to ceiling windows, fruit & wine and a bottle of mineral water upon arrival. The Executive One Bedroom Suites and the Superior Deluxe rooms include the use of private cabanas on the beach with seating area and sun beds. Room facilities include among others air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, bathrobes and slippers, safety deposit box, ironing facilities, espresso machine as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Sports and leisure facilities include 1 freshwater swimming pool with Jacuzzi, 1 indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, indoor and outdoor short mat bowling facilities and outdoor Green Bowls facilities, a floodlit tennis court. In the hotel's Elixir Spa there is a heated pool, sauna, steam bath, a fully equipped gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages as well as body treatments. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's Restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pioneer Beach Paphos
- Hotel Pioneer Beach
- Pioneer Hotel Cyprus
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Paphos
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Cyprus