The hotel was refurbished in Winter 2011/12 and still looked pristine in Sep 12.
The rooms are all a good size and very similar to one another. What varies with price/grade is the view, the size of balcony and the services provided (Standard Rooms have small, triangular balconies; Superior Rooms have larger, rectangular balconies; Superior DeLuxe Rooms include a private Cabana in the grounds, or on the beach)
The hotel is located about 3km from Paphos Harbour and there is an excellent bus service (No 611) to take you there - EUR 1.00 each way, or EUR 3.00 for all-day
The staff were all very friendly, polite and helpful. If one could not answer your question, they immediately found a colleague who could help (e.g. one of the young men putting up sun umbrellas at the pool bar saw 2 guests struggling to read a notice, so he dropped what he was doing to help them. When he could not answer all their questions, he fetched one of the Managers.)
There were a number of details which made our stay really enjoyable. Each one may be only minor, but they added up to make our whole stay a pleasant and relaxing experience.
The rooms all have well-stocked tea and coffee-making facilities and a fridge, which you can use for water and milk, with no pressure to have the Mini-Bar stocked (although they will stock it if you ask and, if you are on the All-inclusive deal, they will restock it daily).
On the first day, we asked for extra sugar, as we drink a lot ot tea in our room; this was immediately provided and then topped up very generously every day, without us having to ask again - Thank you Christina!
There is a small shop on the lower ground floor, where the prices for water, milk etc. are the same as (or slightly lower than) the nearest shops outside.
My wife and I have only 2 minor criticisms:
1. The WiFi/Internet connection was unreliable and minutes on the card seemed to disappear (we had Free WiFi included in our package, but I would not have been happy, if I had been paying separately for it.)
2. The swimming pool was supposed to be open from 8.00 o'clock, but quite often the staff were still cleaning it then, which interfered with us, when we wanted to do some serious swimming training (e.g. 50 lengths) before breakfast.
Overall, we would thoroughly recommend this hotel to any couple wanting a quiet, relaxing holiday in quality surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel is an adult -focused, four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos situated conveniently close to the places of tourist and archaeological interest as well as to restaurants, bars and shops. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests.This hotel is located 15km away from Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. All the rooms have large balconies with views of the Mediterranean or the surrounding serene landscape, luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower and floor to ceiling windows, fruit & wine and a bottle of mineral water upon arrival. The Executive One Bedroom Suites and the Superior Deluxe rooms include the use of private cabanas on the beach with seating area and sun beds. Room facilities include among others air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, bathrobes and slippers, safety deposit box, ironing facilities, espresso machine as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Sports and leisure facilities include 1 freshwater swimming pool with Jacuzzi, 1 indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, indoor and outdoor short mat bowling facilities and outdoor Green Bowls facilities, a floodlit tennis court. In the hotel's Elixir Spa there is a heated pool, sauna, steam bath, a fully equipped gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages as well as body treatments. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's Restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your TUI SENSIMAR Pioneer Beach Hotel by Constantinou Bros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pioneer Beach Paphos
- Hotel Pioneer Beach
- Pioneer Hotel Cyprus
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Paphos
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Cyprus