First of all, I know this hotel has alot of repeater guests, and as such people must be happy with the hotel, but I'm just reviewing based on our experience, as we found it.....
We booked the hotel independantly, but this is our 8th holiday to a CB hotel and therefore would have thought we would have been treated a little better.......
Upon arrival we were greeted by a member of hotel staff and given champagne and nicey chit chat took place (we later found out why), we paid for our room at Reception which we booked, a Superior Land view, only to then be taken to a standard sea view. Good one, take our money for the Superior room , then tell us, sneaky move. Apparantly the hotel had double booked us due to a 'computer error' *(although we have heard that Thomson holidays have made a big boo boo this year with their bookings and have overbooked some hotels) and they didn't have anything else available they could give us, until the following day. I would also say that the so called standard sea view was more 'a bit of sea in the corner, the rest wasteland view'. We said that we were not happy with this arrangement and asked to speak to the manager, which we eventually did. He apologised and tried as an alternative to get us into the Athena Royal and the Asimina next door, but unfortunately they were both fully booked. He then disappeared for about 15 minutes and when he returned, said that they had managed to move someone else's booking and the room we orginally booked had become available, so sorry to the other people who's room we took...???!!! Anyway, eventually we got the room we booked.
The next day we went to breakfast to be greeted by an apologetic member of staff who had obviously been advised to sweet talk us after the debacle of the previous evening. They offered us a free meal in the hotel as a token of goodwill, which was nice of them, but I'd just rather they didn't make the mistake in the first place. First impressions count for alot............
On returning to our room from breakfast, I noticed some ants had appeared on the dressing table under the coffee machine and on the side table. To cut a long whingey story short, despite telling Reception 3/4 times over as many days, and even bringing samples for them on a tissue, a glazed expression was the best we got (they didn't even ask for our room no.) when we asked them to remove the machine as this appeared to be where they congregated mostly. My husband put the machine outside the door about 3 times and each time we returned to the room it was back again..........It was like musical coffee machines.
Now sun beds.......OMG I have been to many places in the world and have been to Cyprus about 20 times, but not once have we had to fight for sun beds like this. I have never known anything like it. A word of warning to all who travel here, you are up against the professional sun bed brigade and these guys are good. We went down to the pool/beach/lawn area about 9.15am our first morning and there were no free beds. We then got chatting to a couple who said they put theirs down about 4am and there are other people doing the same......we seriously thought they were winding us up, but no. My husband woke early at 6.30am the following morning and went down just to see really, and he came back up and said that there honestly were not that many beds left!!!!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!! the other thing is if you do get a bed there isn't much space anyway and you will end up in quite close proximity to the next couple. After a couple of days we gave up reserving beds and did consider wandering down to sit outside the Athena beach as there was more room, but we just found spare beds and moved them down to the front of the beach.
Another thing to note is despite this hotel and the one next door being for adults only, the beaches are public, so you do get families with children come down from other nearby hotels. the staff can only ask them to move on if they try and use the sunbeds.
All in all, sorry but less than impressed despite an apparant refurbishment which I can't comment on as i don't know what it was like before. For the money we paid I am extremely confident we could have found something alot better for our euro...
Would we return? No, I would rather pay a bit more and go next door to the Asimina Suites, it's quiter, less stressful, more room around the beds and I would actually feel like I've had a rested holiday, which I did not get from this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel is an adult -focused, four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos situated conveniently close to the places of tourist and archaeological interest as well as to restaurants, bars and shops. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests.This hotel is located 15km away from Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. All the rooms have large balconies with views of the Mediterranean or the surrounding serene landscape, luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower and floor to ceiling windows, fruit & wine and a bottle of mineral water upon arrival. The Executive One Bedroom Suites and the Superior Deluxe rooms include the use of private cabanas on the beach with seating area and sun beds. Room facilities include among others air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, bathrobes and slippers, safety deposit box, ironing facilities, espresso machine as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Sports and leisure facilities include 1 freshwater swimming pool with Jacuzzi, 1 indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, indoor and outdoor short mat bowling facilities and outdoor Green Bowls facilities, a floodlit tennis court. In the hotel's Elixir Spa there is a heated pool, sauna, steam bath, a fully equipped gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages as well as body treatments. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's Restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pioneer Beach Paphos
- Hotel Pioneer Beach
- Pioneer Hotel Cyprus
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Paphos
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Cyprus