21 Sept to 5 Oct and stayed in room 142 which was a partial Seaview
We booked the hotel because Thomson listed it as a Couples Hotel, half board, partial sea view – only to find that other couples paid £500+ less and had all inclusive package and large full sea rooms, made the start of the start of our holiday very miserable to think that we had let Thomson take advantage of us like that, shame on us and them, we looked into upgrading at the hotel but it would have cost us a further €900, we were still smarting at paying £500 more for a lot less so didn’t go for it!
Room; very clean, very small couldn’t fit two people on the balcony as it was an awkward tiny size, shower was lovely noisy aircon – this room wasn’t the picture they put in the brochures to lure you in!
Pool scene; was exactly what we needed after a very hectic year at work, but it was the first time ever I’ve needed to get up early to bag a decently located lounger.
Food; We were half board, I thought the breakfast was good lots of choice, but dinner was atrocious if I want to eat mashed potato mixed with cauliflower I will book myself into an old peoples home, so we ended up eating out most nights, but being a couple in our 30s/40s we were surrounded by 70/80 year olds and they seemed to like it
Staff/Reception; were lovely and helpful
Entertainment; they did a nice Cyprus/Greek evening, but otherwise please don’t bother
Pub/Bars; Stefan ‘Kenny White’ barman in the sports bar kept us entertained on the nights we stayed in, when they say sports bar it’s still 20 years out of date has two TVs that the vision has seen better days, a pool table and darts board and the drinks were hotel prices which meant you paid double then at a bar in town
Cleanliness; couldn’t fault it
Hotel Position; it says 20 minutes, but its 20 minutes to the nearest couple of pubs/small restaurants – for town add another 20 mins on top for the bigger bars and other restaurants – bus was only €1.50 and regular and a great way of sight seeing
Big up to the Night Watchman that used to send us to bed like naughty school children, we looked forward to our nightly banter, keep up the good work.
Hotel was clean, quiet and staff friendly, the only real gripe we had was the cost and the fact we thought the food was awful but the senior citizens loved it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel is an adult -focused, four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos situated conveniently close to the places of tourist and archaeological interest as well as to restaurants, bars and shops. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests.This hotel is located 15km away from Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. All the rooms have large balconies with views of the Mediterranean or the surrounding serene landscape, luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower and floor to ceiling windows, fruit & wine and a bottle of mineral water upon arrival. The Executive One Bedroom Suites and the Superior Deluxe rooms include the use of private cabanas on the beach with seating area and sun beds. Room facilities include among others air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, bathrobes and slippers, safety deposit box, ironing facilities, espresso machine as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Sports and leisure facilities include 1 freshwater swimming pool with Jacuzzi, 1 indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, indoor and outdoor short mat bowling facilities and outdoor Green Bowls facilities, a floodlit tennis court. In the hotel's Elixir Spa there is a heated pool, sauna, steam bath, a fully equipped gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages as well as body treatments. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's Restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK) and HotelQuickly so you can book your TUI SENSIMAR Pioneer Beach Hotel by Constantinou Bros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pioneer Beach Paphos
- Hotel Pioneer Beach
- Pioneer Hotel Cyprus
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Paphos
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Cyprus