Mid 40's couple. Just returned after a weeks all inclusive stay.
Summary - An OAP haven
Arrival - We arrived about 11pm, not offered a drink but had thoughtfully been left a meat/cheese/fruit platter along with the complimentary drink/mini bar in our standard double room. Room looked exactly as the brochure. Fabulous. All was good until we tried to sleep. Realised what we first thought was the rooms noisy air con, once turned off was actually what we now know to be the generator/power system to the spa/indoor pool/boiler house the room was actually on top of, so noisy it vibrated through the pillows! After having no sleep on the first night of our arrival we asked to be relocated which was very swift (to room 130), staff were great but commented this had been raised before by other guests- in that case why use these rooms?
We were given a card each as opposed to the all inclusive wrist bands which you had to carry around with you - reason being if you bought something (which we didn’t need to) it acted as a discount/loyalty card for 'next time' - the hotel has more info, but whilst irrelevant to us, the OAPs return regularly throughout the year and swear by it.
Food - Drenched/cooked in oil/butter seen butter before presented, even labelled as 'steamed veg/rice' which it probably was until it was saturated, so if you wanted anything grease-free for medical/healthy reasons, salad was your only option! Meal times were a fiasco, breakfast and evening meals shown to a table and weren’t allowed to choose where to sit, just sit where you’re told! Lunch once on your tray- waiting at a counter to order a drink, show your card (by then your lunch is cold) then had to be handed to staff to walk you to a table. This might be good for some people, especially those immobile, I got told off (2 staff ran after me!) for taking my own tray to a table, there didn’t seem to be a happy medium or consideration that some guests are perfectly happy/able to do it themselves despite being a 5 star etc etc. There was also table service which cut out this fiasco. Regardless, you won’t go hungry. The a la carte (allocated 2 sessions per week on all incl deal) was very good, steak was beautiful.
Staff - couldn’t do enough for you.
Towels/Sunbeds - abundance. Sunbeds extremely comfortable and with mattresses. Towels as well as being left in your room by the maid are also available and returned near the toilets/outside restaurant towards the pool.
Pool - immaculate and a good size to cool off or a decent swim.
Beach - Sand covers the rocky/stone beach - regular OAPs wore needed wet shoes. There is a pontoon further along the beach with steps into the sea, used regularly.
Shop - well stocked. Daily papers etc.
ATM - not here nor at the Athena Beach Hotel owned by the same crew. The closest is near the pharmacy on the triangle, towards the town.
Wi-Fi is not a given, probably should keep up with modern pace and allow all guests access, than endorse an additional charge.
Entertainment - held in the basement and on reception floor. We didn’t realise this until our final night which was a real shame as Andy Foster who has great reviews (worth a google) and resident musician played mainly in the basement, unsure why as the guests raved about him, so we thought he deserved a more classy spot. The regular singers were all very good especially this time of year, (Tuesday particulary good- lovely girl, very professional), out of season and guests not exactly in abundance, their enthusiasm was great. All apart from Fridays dire slot (peoples expressions were more entertaining). There was a 'black and white' show on Saturday night which was basically a Frank Sinatra tribute - again the OAPs loved this.
We ventured into Paphos along the coastal path, returned by bus. This is our second visit to the hotels along Poseiden Avenue. The bus service is excellent. €1.50 pp each way (was €1 pp each way earlier this year) with regular bus stops.
The rest of the week was as previous reviews - mostly OAPs who loved the place, totally understand as its perfect for their every need and would recommend to any older relative or a solo traveller. Towards the end of the week I was looking forward to coming home as it seemed more like an institution than a holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel is an adult -focused, four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos situated conveniently close to the places of tourist and archaeological interest as well as to restaurants, bars and shops. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests.This hotel is located 15km away from Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. All the rooms have large balconies with views of the Mediterranean or the surrounding serene landscape, luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower and floor to ceiling windows, fruit & wine and a bottle of mineral water upon arrival. The Executive One Bedroom Suites and the Superior Deluxe rooms include the use of private cabanas on the beach with seating area and sun beds. Room facilities include among others air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, bathrobes and slippers, safety deposit box, ironing facilities, espresso machine as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Sports and leisure facilities include 1 freshwater swimming pool with Jacuzzi, 1 indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, indoor and outdoor short mat bowling facilities and outdoor Green Bowls facilities, a floodlit tennis court. In the hotel's Elixir Spa there is a heated pool, sauna, steam bath, a fully equipped gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages as well as body treatments. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's Restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK) and HotelQuickly so you can book your TUI SENSIMAR Pioneer Beach Hotel by Constantinou Bros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pioneer Beach Paphos
- Hotel Pioneer Beach
- Pioneer Hotel Cyprus
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Paphos
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Cyprus