We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Paphos
TUI SENSIMAR Pioneer Beach Hotel by Constantinou Bros
Ranked #22 of 84 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 7 nights at the end of May. The rooms are all nicely decorated to a high standard with great views of the mountains or the sea depending on room options.
The food is amazing and I would recommend this hotel to anyone! The staff all go out of their way to help you no matter what you want!

Paphos is a beautiful place and this is a beautiful place to stay when you visit here!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Camsco1988
Write a ReviewReviews (2,104)

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Recently returned from a chill out week (31st May - 7th June 2014) at this magnificent couples only hotel. My wife and I are well travelled and have stayed at some top hotels, but the Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel is truly one if not the best we have had the pleasure of experiencing. The hotel is exceptionally well run, with well trained, courteous, hard working and very helpful staff. The food is incredibly varied and of a extremely high standard. One would be very hard not to find a dish of choice. There are gluten free options too.
We had a lovely room 361 overlooking the pool and beach. A very comfortable bed. Always kept clean and tidy (as was the whole of the hotel) and well stocked. Tip - beach/pool towels are provided in the room and replenished as and when required.
There is a wide range of activities to take part in, if you so choose to, with a variety of evening entertainment. There is also plenty of space to remain relaxed and quiet if needed.
Our Thomson's rep Mark was very professional, kind and helpful; also Linda the entertainments rep.
We would without hesitation thoroughly recommend this lovely resort hotel.
Thank you so much to all the staff.

10  Thank John L
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Excellent location, very good service and amenities, incredible buffets, well decorated rooms, friendly and cordial staff. Highly suggested as we really enjoyed and ideal for couples to relax an have quality time. Personally I would rate this hotel as a 5star, and if all of Costantinou Bros Hotels are of this level than i know where I will stay if I visit Paphos again.

Room Tip: Even the basic rooms are more than enough
6  Thank DavidZahra
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed here at the beginning of May for 10 nights. There are many good things about this hotel, and some not so good. Overall it is pleasant enough but did not compare well to some of the other Thomson couples hotels we have stayed at. By far the best thing about it is the outdoor area and the sunbeds. The setting is really lovely with plenty of good quality, comfortable sunbeds. There was none of this ridiculous rush to secure sunbeds in the early hours of the morning like I've seen in other places. It was quiet and peaceful and very relaxing. Breakfasts were excellent and for coeliacs like me there was a good range of gluten free food. Dinner was average although the main restaurant has no atmosphere and they could do with upgrading the whole area. The bedrooms are comfortable and spacious we had balloons put in our room for a birthday and anniversary with half a bottle of wine which was a really nice touch. Finally, most of the staff are really friendly and polite and offer good customer service.

And so to the not so good: the entertainment is pretty awful with a couple of bad singers over the whole 10 days and the split between 'Superior' and Deluxe' feels a bit like segregation. For example you can only use some of the restaurants, and things like the beach cabanas are only for use by some rooms. Also I would warn anyone to make sure they use the room safe. I'm usually regimental about putting everything valuable in the safe but in the rush to get to breakfast one morning I left my phone on the bed. When we returned to the room the phone was missing. Apart from someone called Maria from Guest Services who was very helpful, none of the other people working there seemed to want to believe us! It was all really disappointing and left a bad impression.

Finally if you go for 10 days and are leaving in the evening and are on half board you may want to note that you don't get any food included after breakfast. We didn't realise that and it wasn't pointed out to us by anyone. (I've since found it in tiny print in the Thomson terms and conditions.) when I questioned it and said we didn't realise I was told rudely "Everyone knows that". Well I can assure you they don't! A more gracious handling of the situation by hotel staff and the Thomson Rep would have been appreciated.

It was a good break for a rest and a bit of sun but I wouldn't go back or recommend.

Room Tip: Mountain view room means a view of the road and over the front entrance of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ni16
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have recently returned from the Pioneer Beach Hotel with my husband. We are in our 30's and felt that there was a good mix of ages but mostly people were aged 50+. We had an absolutely fantastic stay. We booked a superior sea view room.

We arrived at the hotel by taxi and were greeted with a glass of sparkling wine and quickly escorted to our room. As we arrived at 10pm there was a plate of cold meats and salad for us to enjoy.

The bedrooms are more than ample for a weeks stay but definitely not large. The balcony on our room was a good size with a full front view of the pool/sea (211). Our mini bar was stocked with a range of spirits, red and white wine and soft drinks. We also had an espresso machine which was restocked daily and mineral water restock easily too. In the evening the bed was turned down with a biscuit left on your pillow. The bathroom was lovely, clean with nice toiletries. You also get robe and slippers. The room was cleaned daily and towels changed when you needed. The bed was large and comfortable.

We were all inclusive and felt that simply by the amount of drinks we had throughout the week it was definitely worth it. Breakfast was lovely with a huge range of food. My favourite were the freshly made crepes. Lunch was lovely and the freshly made pizazz were a personal favourite along with a huge range of salads at the buffet. In the evening we mostly went to the a la carte restaurants as this was included every night with the superior room. The fillet steaks were lovely and the lobster for two was a tasty treat! The staff were fantastic, friendly and always happy to help. I had recently injured my knee and was still using my crutches so I was basically weighted on hand and foot!

We enjoyed drinking in the evening at the sports bar which is where the "younger" people tended to go! Thanks to Robert for a couple of my hangovers during the week! He makes a good cocktail nearly all of which are included when all inclusive! The only drinks they really charge for are the top branded whiskies, conyacs etc. you can order bottles of wine and we found a lovely French red/white which were also included as we tried the local wine and it was "interesting"!

During the day we got involved with some activities for example shuffleboard and killer pool. The evening entertainment for people of our age was poor. Thomson have recently recruited Linda who is doing a great job with the entertainment but I feel she has a tough job ahead as the majority of the clientele are not interested and the hotel bans outside music after 10pm. We did enjoy the pub quiz!

I would definitely recommend the hotel. If I were to return to Paphos I would stay here again. The food is good, drinks are fantastic, the staff are friendly and attentive. I felt completely relaxed at the end of the holiday which was finished with a bottle of champagne bought to our room on the last night. The only activity we did was the sunset Segway trip which was well worth the money. The only reason this is not 5* is because of the evening entertainment, otherwise I could not fault it.

Room Tip: Superior sea view worth the extra especially if all inclusive as the little extra perks make edit wo...
3  Thank Suzy B
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here at the start of June and chose the hotel as its a Thompson Couples. The hotel is indeed very well situated and the staff work very hard and do their very best to serve you and make your stay better.
We met many people who return here year on year so must have consistency.
The only disappointment was the room. we had a superior room with a sea view and large balcony with a bed on it. These are the best rooms in the hotel and the balcony and view is to die for. however, this hotel is supposed to be 5 star but the size and decoration of the room itself it at best, 4 star. the other rooms in the hotel have very small balconies so be warned.

Room Tip: go for the deluxe rooms with the sea view
1  Thank BlondeNBlonde
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This was our 4th stay at the Pioneer and I wondered if the recent refurbishment may have changed the attitude of staff as it is quite plush now. I needn't have worried. Everyone was just as lovely and friendly and the hotel looks like a new pin. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff that work here, they are all so helpful and try so hard to please. We had a mountain view room as the rooms overlooking the pool can be noisy when there are outdoor evening events. They are also more expensive. We stayed half board and the food was excellent with a wide choice. Breakfast is the best meal of the day though with an amazing choice of traditional English eggs and bacon to American pancakes to Greek pastries. All in all we had a fabulous time only enhanced by the fact that the pool area leads down to a lovely sheltered sandy cove.

Room Tip: Mountain facing rooms better in my opinion
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple