We have just come home after spending 2 weeks here on a Bed and Breakfast basis.We loved the hotel - the location is quiet and surroundings beautiful. We could walk to bars and restaurants with ease (the bus service is good if you want to go further afield). We also took the seashore walk to Paphos harbour a couple of times - very scenic, took around 45 minutes.
The food at the buffet restaurant is plentiful, varied and of a high standard. We had dinner in the hotel 3 times and were pleased with our meals and the service is impeccable. Breakfast was great - everything you could possibly want, and more. Try Savvas's Flambe Night for a treat.
The staff at the hotel were friendly, courteous and helpful - with very few exceptions. Our only issues with our holiday are as follows: The pool bar - we found it difficult to get served quickly and people were jumping in front of us shamelessly and being served by seemingly oblivious staff - we did wonder if we were invisible to the staff at times! They usually have at least 4 staff serving but they did seem to be disorganised and the area was messy and badly run. Also, the prices of soft drinks, particularly teas and coffees, were extortionate. More positively, the pool and beach areas are blessedly quiet and scenic. Loved the old, deaf hotel cat who hung around.
We did not spend many evenings in the hotel, preferring to visit other bars and restaurants instead. We did have a few drinks in the hotel at night however. We liked the music quiz in the Sports bar - although the rep did seem disappointed at our lack of enthusiasm for her 'let's get everyone to shout out' attempts at '18-30 holiday' type of audience participation. It was a bit cringe worthy in a hotel with mainly older guests. Also, sadly we were served watered-down drinks one evening (brandy).
Also, if you want a sunbed around the pool or on the much coveted grassy areas? Make sure you get up at about 7 am to put your towel down to 'book' one! By the time we got there at about 9 -9.30 am virtually all of the sunbeds had been 'booked' in this way. This is very annoying as some people did not even use the beds until late afternoon! The hotel needs to adress this problem.
Overall we loved the hotel and Paphos. We will return to this hotel as the positives by far outweigh the negatives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Constantinou Bros Pioneer Beach Hotel is an adult -focused, four star, beachfront hotel in Kato Paphos situated conveniently close to the places of tourist and archaeological interest as well as to restaurants, bars and shops. Parking in the hotel car park is free for guests.This hotel is located 15km away from Paphos International Airport and 140 km from Larnaca International Airport. All the rooms have large balconies with views of the Mediterranean or the surrounding serene landscape, luxury bathrooms featuring bath tub, rain shower and flexible hose shower and floor to ceiling windows, fruit & wine and a bottle of mineral water upon arrival. The Executive One Bedroom Suites and the Superior Deluxe rooms include the use of private cabanas on the beach with seating area and sun beds. Room facilities include among others air conditioning and heating, flat screen LCD satellite TV (26 inch in land view rooms and 32 inch in all other rooms) and radio, fridge, mini bar, hairdryer, scales, make-up/shaving mirror, bathrobes and slippers, safety deposit box, ironing facilities, espresso machine as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Sports and leisure facilities include 1 freshwater swimming pool with Jacuzzi, 1 indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi, indoor and outdoor short mat bowling facilities and outdoor Green Bowls facilities, a floodlit tennis court. In the hotel's Elixir Spa there is a heated pool, sauna, steam bath, a fully equipped gym and a hairdressing salon. You can also choose from a good choice of professional massages as well as body treatments. Enjoy some fine dining at the hotel's Restaurants or even a romantic candlelit dinner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your TUI SENSIMAR Pioneer Beach Hotel by Constantinou Bros reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pioneer Beach Paphos
- Hotel Pioneer Beach
- Pioneer Hotel Cyprus
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Paphos
- Pioneer Beach Hotel Cyprus