“Are you having a giraffe! Should be a 5 star”

The King Jason Paphos
Ranked #1 of 90 Hotels in Paphos
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Are you having a giraffe! Should be a 5 star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

I've been to a few 5 star hotels and the exteriors are beautiful the staff smile and the service is prompt BUT there is no genuine sincerity no passion no love or pride in the service and this is why this place is different yes like the other reviews state Maria and Andreas beautiful people warm smiles a friendly comforting hand on the shoulder a brief but meaningful interest in your day BUT what others have not credited is how wonderful,polite,caring and courteous the waitresses and waiters the chefs and the receptionists specially Demitri lovely polite guy.
I took two small children ages 3 and 1 and to be honest there wasn't any kids of that age there but they were so well loved by the staff always happy to get us a bottle of milk or just have little joke with my son. The rooms are spacious spotlessly clean the best feature is the TWO A.C units one in the living area and one in the bedroom as I like it ice cold and on a night my wife and kids like it warmer so best of both worlds.The pools are lovely and clean not crowded and the hydro pool is so relaxing. We celebrated two birthdays my wife and mine on separate days and at very short notice they were happy to get me some flowers and bring a cake out in the dinner service and Andreas gave us a nice bottle of fizz which was appreciated. Finally the food I'm the worlds fussiest eater by far so please believe its no easy task in making me enjoy my meals and all I can say is WOW the soups the salads the main meal and the desserts ALL amazing the selection is more than plentiful so much to eat no Que and no eyes monitoring your plates a FOUR course meal every night. We did venture out every day went to the kings avenue mall which is stunning the shops are lovely it has a food court and roof terrace, the harbour is about 20 mins walk or 5 mins in taxi at the cost of €8 although the buses are so clean and new and frequent so it's easy to get around, it's as you would expect amazing lack of a good beach lets it down but then there's jet ski, boat rides, para gliding there are plenty of resteraunts and tourist shops.
Make sure you take a trip to the local market you can find some good bottle buys specially if you enjoy branded alcohol champagne brandy etc great prices.
My only suggestion would be maybe a little entertainment on a evening as with the kids you don't venture out after 9ish.
Thank you for a fantastic time KING JASON HOTEL

Room Tip: If You can choose the deluxe room although the standard 1 bedroom is beautiful and spacious with nic...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Reggie S
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at The King Jason Paphos, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the King Jason and for taking the time to write such an adorable review.

We are thrilled to see that you spent a splendid holiday at our superb hotel. It is wonderful to hear that our delicious food, our comfortable rooms and our attentive staff exceeded your expectations.

Your satisfaction is our best reward and it would be a great pleasure to welcome you again at the King Jason.

Best regards,

The Management.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (774)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I am not usually one to take the time writing reviews on hotels, however having just returned from The King Jason hotel with my family, I feel compelled and indebted enough to do so. I was unfortunate enough to only indulge in a week of make-believe royalty, but that week was (for lack of a better word) exquisite. I have never received better customer service in any industry than I did at the king Jason. The General Manager Andreas is without a doubt the friendliest, most welcoming, most devoted member of staff that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. The same may be said for the Restaurant Manager Maria who lifted the spirits and atmosphere of the entire environment. They take the time and effort to accommodate all of their guests, the attention to detail is second to none, and these qualities and characteristics are strongly reflected by the ever efficient workforce who's passion and hard work ensures the satisfaction of all clients.

The hotel and its more than adequate rooms is kept clean and up to standard with the expectations projected by its reputation and general appearance; and the facilities perfectly compliment the ambience of the premises.

The themed evenings in the restaurant keep the customers on their toes and provide a diverse variety of cuisines to keep all palates entertained. I dare say that their English Carvery night was better than what i've experienced in the UK, but with Italian, Greek, and so many more themes, it was by no means alone with regards to the quality of food produced.

I travel mainly for the sake of exploring the country that I am in and embracing the culture, but I would return to Paphos simply to encounter The King Jason again.

Thank you so much for the incredible week, and I hope to see you again.
Jordan Green

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
10 Thank Jordan G
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at The King Jason Paphos, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear guest,

First of all, thank you very much for choosing to stay at the King Jason and for writing such a lovely review.

It is delightful to see that your stay at our amazing hotel exceeded all expectations. We are glad to know that you deeply appreciated our personalized service and thank you for your kind admiration; your nice words mean a lot to us.

We greatly hope to have the privilege of welcoming you again soon at the King Jason.

Yours faithfully,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We have just arrived home from a wonderful 10 day stay, ...from the moment we arrived in the lobby we knew this was going to be a great holiday, with a warm welcome from Andreas and a glass of pink champagne our holiday had started.

We opted for a one bedroom apartment, which i had to say was very clean well situated ( top floor great views over pool ) and very spacious indeed.

After doing an all inclusive holiday once before we vowed we wouldn't do it again, but as the others in our party were all inclusive we opted for that too...and we were NOT disappointed at all....The food was great, a different theme each night, lunchtime was just as good, and breakfast had everything from pancakes and waffles to cooked breakfast and cold meats and cheese.....there was something for everyone's taste, and the staff were amazing, never leaving a dirty glass or plate on your table, always at hand to top up your wine, maria and Andreas were very attentive and welcoming with everyone and so funny.

The pools are great, you have the adult infinity pool area with piped music all day which is nice if you like that style of music, if not just pop your earphones in and listen to your own, its a great area for relaxing in the evening with friends....The main outdoor pool is a reasonable size and great for families as it has a toddler pool at the side, We spent all of our time at the Hydro pool catering for adults it was a lovely place to just relax, swim and listen to the water jets. I have to say the water is like getting into a bath and for myself who really dose not like cold water was just heaven.

Bars and restaurants just a short walk away for those wishing to take a wander, the harbor comes alive at night and has a lovely atmosphere.

We always holiday in the Caribbean because the staff are so welcoming where we stay but i have to admit i am now converted and we defiantly be coming back to the King Jason with my family and friends.

I loved spending time with the people i traveled with but it was made extra special by the warmth and kindness of Andreas, Maria and the staff ....Keep up the amazing work you do.

Tracey and Andy F

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Tracey F
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for holidaying at the King Jason and for writing such a lovely comment about your experience.

We are thrilled to know that our brilliant hotel did not fail to impress you with its tasty and varied cuisine, its caring and helpful service team as well as its amazing facilities. Your praise brings us deep joy as we strive hard to provide you with the best possible service.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back to the King Jason on your next holiday.

Warmest regards,

Doncaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just stayed for two weeks everything was wonderful food accomadation it was so tranquil and relaxing would not hesitate to stay again all the staff are brilliant and have great praise for their manager Andreas what a lovely man his aim is purely to make sure he does everything to make his guests happy nothing is to much trouble the reception staff were helpful and both Maria's were brilliant thankyou for a great stay and will see you all again I don't really like staying at hotels more than once but this hotel will definetly be back once again thankyou joan and Steve from doncaster

Room Tip: All rooms lovely
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Joan P
LOUIS_HOTELS, Manager at The King Jason Paphos, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear guest,

Let us express our gratitude for your choice of the King Jason as your holiday destination, and for having taken the time to write this great review.

There couldn't be a better reward for us than your genuine satisfaction. We are thrilled to see that our amazing property has completely fulfilled your expectations with its wonderful catering options and brilliant, helpful staff. We are overwhelmed by your praise and we kindly thank you for your beautiful words.

It would be a great pleasure for us to have you as our guest at the King Jason again.

With best regards,

Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were so lucky to have found this GEM of a hotel, our review is some what late due to computer problems!! my husband and I were so lucky to stay at this hotel for a month in late Feb/March and oh boy I mean lucky, from the welcome upon arrival which was amazing, to having a problem with 2 flights of stairs which my hubby really could not manage as we were staying for a month, NO PROBLEM, Andreas moved us post-haste (you really were a sweetheart) to just one flight of stairs, that was in the first hour and I thought I had hit the jackpot, the service just got better and better, from Maria on reception and I am sorry that we can not remember all your names on reception but you were all amazing, Andreas & your wonderful wife Maria, what can we say, apart from we love you to death, your friendliness and hospitality throughout our month stay with you, was second to none, your food was amazing, we did not want for anything and I know if we did you would have supplied, look forward (very very much) to seeing you all in 2015, Godbless you all for a Holiday we will never forget. Lots of Love The CHURCHILL'S (Jersey C.I.) XX

Room Tip: Our room was very spacious, lovely bed and pillows, and very quiet, want to be there there right now...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Simonne C
Dear guest,

On behalf of the King Jason we thank you for holidaying at our flawless property and for writing such a lovely review.

Your satisfaction is our goal, so we are truly happy to know that we managed to exceed your expectations with our impeccable service, our attentive and courteous personnel as well as our amazing cuisine. We are thrilled to see that you call our gorgeous hotel a "gem" and we dearly thank you for your honest praise and admiration.

It is also a great joy for us to be informed that you will return next year and we greatly look forward to seeing you at the King Jason again.

Yours sincerely,

essex,uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have just arrived back from our stay at this perfect hotel On an all inclusive basis. From the moment we arrived we felt special, fresh cold pink champagne greeted us and of course so did the wonderful general manager Andreas, we were shown to our deluxe studio which was gorgeous, the bed was huge and was so comfortable, the bath was big enough for 3 people! The shower was very powerful and hot too. Everything about the room was deluxe, there is a tassimo coffee machine in there too. You are given beach towels so need need to worry. The food was awesome, I had read about the food and how good it was but it really was delicious, so much variety every kind of food you could ask for. And all fresh. Maria the restaurant manager was always on hand to welcome you to meal times and reserves our table of 6 each night, Andreas was at every meal time he had the best stories to tell of his life, always so interesting and a Great man. There was nothing him, Maria or all the staff wouldn't do for you. The drinks were spot on, no watered down measures. The cocktails were great! The pools were lovely, spent most of our time around the hydro pool, nice and relaxing with no kids allowed under 14. The main and infinity pool were just as lovely but more family friendly. We cannot fault this hotel for anything, it's service is 5*. I have stayed in some beautiful hotels but this really tops the lot. Simply beautiful. Will definitely be returning. Thank you Andreas and your staff for a holiday we will never forget. See you all next year.

Room Tip: Stayed in deluxe but all 3 types of rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank hannahc_82
Dear guest,

First and foremost, thank you very much for choosing to spend your holiday at the King Jason and for posting such an adorable review.

It is a tremendous joy to see that your stay at our superb hotel exceeded all expectations. We are delighted to hear that you deeply enjoyed our high quality services, our caring and charming team as well as our amazing facilities.

We dearly thank you again for your nice comment, and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you soon back to the King Jason.

Best regards,

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have been going to the KJ now for roughly 20 years and even though i've said it before it really is home from home . From the minute you arrive you are made so welcome and put at ease with a welcome drink and nibbles , then you are helped to your room by the amazing staff .
Everything is just perfect the rooms ,the pools, the food ,cleanliness just everything .
All the improvements over the years are just adding to this amazing hotel .
Thank you to Andreas , both Marias and all the bar and restaurant staff even the maids for another fab holiday See you all again soon

Ann & Paul

Room Tip: All rooms have been refurbished and are very comfy and clean
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Keogan52
Dear loyal guest,

Let us thank you for choosing to stay once more at the King Jason and for posting such a lovely comment.

It is a true delight to hear that you had yet another superb holiday at our wonderful property. We are thrilled to see that you deeply enjoyed our high quality services as well as our major improvements over the years; it is a real joy to know that we never fail to impress you with our unique atmosphere, our delicious and extremely varied cuisine and our attentive staff.

We greatly look forward to welcoming you back to the King Jason on your next holiday, and rest assured that we have even more improvements in the pipeline!

Kind regards,