“Great hotel! Best sunsets in Paphos area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Venus Beach Hotel

Venus Beach Hotel
Ranked #78 of 90 Hotels in Paphos
Limassol
“Great hotel! Best sunsets in Paphos area!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We had a great family holiday this August in Venus Beach Hotel in Paphos.
From our connecting sea view rooms' verandas we enjoyed every afternoon the most beautiful sunsets together with a glass of wine complimentary from the hotel. Real Magic!!
Though hotel is close to the main sights of the town, we preferred spending our days relaxing in the hotel's spacious swimming pool, while our children had fun in the kids pool and kids club. The food was excellent, and every night with different theme! We are definitely going back again.
Marianna, cy

Room Tip: All see view rooms have great views.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Marianna P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Paphos, Cyprus
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Nice hotel to stay in Paphos! Great value for money, good service, special thanks to Philip his advices were very helpful for us! Close to many places of interest! We had a room with a great sea view, hope to come back next year!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anna S
gatewaytom30
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

I think most people summed this hotel up perfect it's a 3 star not 5. Beware in cyprus they seem to do this a lot think when booking pay cheap get cheap there are so many 5 stars that don't deserve it. This hotel is old, dated decor miserable sun chairs ripped gym from the 80s. Staff nice, they try. The hotel needs a complete refurbish.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gatewaytom30

Travellers are raving about these Paphos hotels

durham
Reviewed 22 August 2013

have got to say this was my first holiday in cyprus for my wife and i and what a lovely holiday we had . we met up with my wifes sister and husband at this hotel and on arrival were greeted with respect from the night receptionist phillip who originates from birmingham in england and with a glass of cold orange juice as it was after 11pm when we arrived. when entering our room we were overjoyed to find a cold meat salad for the two of us which was a pleasant surprise , after meeting all the management staff at a cocktail party where everyone at the hotel is invited but so few decided to attend , to their loss i might add as there was the chance to air their views and complaints to give the hotel the chance to rectify any problems they may have encountered . IN our view the hotel staff go above and beyond to make your holiday here a special one and my special thanks to you all on behalf of my wife and i, also a special mention to thomas the bar manager and his staff both inside the hotel and outside bar areas and special mention to peter, gabriel and razran , 3 super waiters, the restaraunt manager and his staff well done and a special mention to the head chef what a wonderful man who came out to see us after preparing us a steak meal for four was absolutely fabulous . all in all would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a great break, yes i might agree 5 stars this hotel isnt but 5 stars to its staff it sure is from cleaners to the general manager Memnos Sophocleous . will definately holiday here here again in the near future as i told the manager so and will email him to tell him i will be going back , would love sky television on here so i wouldnt have to go out across the road to the irish bar to watch football matches . we went all inclusive here and always had a great choice of food every day for ten days, refreshments and alchahol are available from 10am till 12 midnight so enough for everyone , dont take my word for this or anyone else on here who maybe have an axe to grind all i will say is go and try it , i dont bull on my reviews as you will see on previous reviews on other hotels, IN our opinion its a great hotel with great staff great food , its not 5 star to british standards but if you take this into account you wont be disapointed , well done to you all at venus beach my wife and i will definately be back , Gordon and Sandra Cutmore room 558

Room Tip: a sea view room is essential to take in the views
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank fruitman69
Kolossi, Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This is not a 5star hotel, a 3 star hotel is even better. I have been there with my family, two young kids and the room was very dirty. Pool was dirty as well and general the service o the hotel was poor.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

I had to write this review of the Venus Beach Hotel while sitting on the balcony of our third floor room over looking the pool with the sea thundering in the background at 05:30 on the penultimate day of our holiday watching the sun come up.
We booked this holiday very last minute with our local travel agent after sorting through numerous options for our one week getaway, 5 Star sounded just the job. Having gone home and read the very mixed and confusing reviews here on Trip Advisor I wanted to change this hotel but was unable to do so at such a late stage despite the best efforts from the lady travel agent.
Well thank goodness we still went to the Venus Beach Hotel!! It was a shaky start with me complaining that the room was not up to what my wife and I expect from what is claimed to be a 5 Star hotel and this was a complaint that I read about numerous times on these reviews. The reception staff were excellent and were not able to upgrade our room but did include a lot of the little extras that you would get in a junior suite. The rooms are very clean and are serviced every day with new bedding and towels, they do need modernising but have all the usual amenities.
This is where I also agree with the very confused ratings for this hotel, yes it is a good 4 Star not a 5, when it was new many years ago it would have been a 5 Star. The staff are vey friendly and passionate about their work which goes a long way to make guests feel welcome. Food is varied and of good quality with different country themed evenings and my wife and I always found more than enough to eat.
For me to go to a hotel of what claims to have high standards and have to pay for use of the wi-fi is a big let down.
For couples and family's that are looking for a good hotel that is at the quieter end of Paphos with breath taking views of the sea and lovely walks I would recommend this confused hotel.
On the subject of the sea and beach, other reviews are correct that there are rip-tides which can make swimming dangerous but if you use the pool for swimming and the sea for fun in the waves close to the sandy beach which may be small but adequate you will have a good time.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Richard C
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Just came back from a weeks holiday and can say one of the best holidays I have had. The staff at the hotel are so hospitable and friendly and will always help. The room was as in the picture, clean and everything we needed. The sea does have a strong current but this can't be controlled by the hotel, but was excellent on the calm days. We enjoyed it so much we plan to go again next year. The location is good not too loud and only a short bus/taxi trip from the harbour. There was always something you would enjoy to eat and as I was holidaying with my 11 year old daughter who can be a fussy eater at times we never went hungry, I would say this is a good hotel for families we had a great time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paphos
Avlida Hotel
Aloe Hotel
Aloe Hotel
#68 of 90 in Paphos
St. George Gardens Hotel Suites

Been to Venus Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!