Couple and 17 year old daughter stayed from 30th June - 14th July.
This hotel is lovely. The staff were all very friendly. The gardens were immaculate and very well kept. Our eventual room was fabulous, modern and spacious but we did change after one day but I will come to that later. We stayed half board, breakfast was superb and the evening meal was lovely too. I was a bit worried about being half board as we usually like to eat somewhere different every night but as booking a sea view room with half board was not much more money than B&B we went for it and probably saved quite a bit of money by doing so. Evening meals were themed, a menu was available and there was always something nice. You were shown to a table to suit your party size but helped yourself to the very large buffett. Tables were cleared very quickly too. We ate out in the harbour twice and at Fat Mama's twice too.
We had no problems getting a sun bed. We went on the small beach each day and there were beds available nearly all day, you could also feel a bit of a breeze off the sea as it was very very hot everyday. You do need shoes to get in and out of the sea from the beach as it is very rocky and slippy under foot. There are steps available if you just want to plunge right in to the sea without walking across the rocks. Alot of people tend to stay around the pool where they play games and music or on the grassed areas but there always seemed to be beds available during our stay plus it does not feel crowded even though there are alot of people there. There was alot of organised activities if you wanted them but we were never pressured once to join in which is good in my opinion.
We walked along the path to the harbour a couple of times, a slow 30 minutes walk or we caught the bus at one euro each. To be honest I liked the harbour area more than the area surrounding the hotel but as it was so hot we could not be bothered to go everynight plus cramming yourself in on a packed bus coming back was not very nice. We had some good entertaining nights in The Pit Stop which was more local and Fat mamas is a must.
On arrival at midnight we were given a room which was very disapointing to say we had paid extra for a sea view. It was more of a side sea view from the bedroom across scrubland and not the lovely sea view we were expecting across the lawned gardens shown in the brochure and on the web and other peoples pictures. We expressed our disapointment to the rep the next morning and she spoke to Nikki the hotel manager and they did offer us another room after lunch. So we did get moved to a beautiful room, two bedrooms too when we had only booked a one bed so thanks to the rep and the hotel for that. It was a bit of a bad start to the holiday but don't pressume that if you book a seaview room you will be on the front and not the side. Something Thomson and the hotel need to look at in the future.
Would I go there again - Yes without a doubt. The daughter was probably too old to be going with us and there were not many people there her age so she got stuck with us and found it less enjoyable but thats her age and not the hotels fault.
So all in all a very nice holiday.
Thank you Kefalos beach Village.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village, part of the Kefalos group of Hotels in Paphos, Cyprus. "Kefalos Beach Tourist Village" was conceived from a deep rooted desire to demonstrate the ancient tradition of genuine Cyprus hospitality. The Kefalos Group offers two Hotels in Paphos that are the jewels in the crown of Cyprus Hotels. Beautifully located in a scenic setting overlooking the azure Mediterranean and in total harmony with its surroundings; it blends together everything you would expect from a purpose built resort - with the ambiance and charm of a village. Located on the beach next to the renowned archaeological areas of Paphos - the UNESCO Park with its mosaics, the Venetian Pathos Lighthouse and the Tombs of the Kings.It is by far the ideal location for a holiday in Cyprus. With its close proximity to the sea, Kefalos Beach is probably the only Cyprus Holiday Village whose layout enables its guests to enjoy beach holidays in Cyprus whilst still enjoying the freedom of self-catering. Our Paphos beach hotel has an excellent range of facilities for all of the family and stands out against other Cyprus Hotels because of its purpose built accommodation and services for disabled people and its locations for wedding ceremonies and receptions. The Mosaics, Lighthouse, Odeon, Byzantine Ruins, Paphos Medieval Castle, harbour area, local bars and restaurants, are easily accessible via the newly constructed beach front promenade. Its ideal location combines peaceful seclusion with easy access to the centre of Kato Paphos along with all its attractions. Spacious accommodation, a palm tree lined beach front, large lawns, numerous sun beds to relax on, daily entertainment, dining facilities by the beach and a playground area with kids’ facilities are waiting for you at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village. Your Cyprus holidays will never be the same again once you have experienced the hospitality at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village. A new and refreshing way to experience beach holidays in Cyprus. A warm welcome awaits you at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village, your getaway to tranquility, relaxation and Cyprus hospitality..... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Kefalos Beach Tourist Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kefalos Beach Tourist Village Hotel Paphos
- Kefalos Beach Tourist Village Paphos
- Kefalos Beach Village