We booked a package with Thomson. We arrived and the check in was extremely efficient with friendly staff- our keys were ready for us and we were given a voucher for a free meal as our flight arrived after the evening meal had finished. We were driven to our room on a golf buggy which was novel! We paid around €12 for a safety deposit box for the week and a deposit of €10 euros for the remote control which we got back. We stayed in room 236, it wasn't a sea view room i.e. wasn't on the front but you could still see the sea to the right of our balcony which was nice.
The apartment was great. We were on an upper floor and it was very quiet. I emailed in advance asking for an upper floor and this was arranged with no problem. The apartment was much bigger than we anticipated and really really clean. The maid cleaned it thoroughly every day. It was good to have a big fridge to store drinks and snacks. We didn't use any of the cooking appliances. Our only feedback for improvement was that the shower curtain was very flimsy so it stuck to you when you had a shower and the bed sheets were strange as the ones that covered the mattress didn't seem big enough for the mattress so you would wake up and the under sheet had come off exposing the mattress very strange!
There was a little supermarket on site which was great. Reasonable prices 75cents for a large bottle of water and quite a lot of choice including fresh fruit, alcohol, toiletries, sun cream etc.
We were really lucky with the weather for March - 22 degrees and sunny every day. We were able to get fresh beach towels every day from the lifeguard by the pool which was great as saved packing any. We swam in both the indoor and outdoor pools. Both were spotless and clean. The outdoor pool was a bit cool at first but fine once you had swum a few lengths.
We found the food was very good. A lot of variety and it was good to have a different theme each night - eg Italian, oriental, local, BBQ, carvery. I'm not sure vegetarians would have coped that well as there wasn't a huge choice for them and even the salads had a lot of meat or fish in. However this suited us as we like meat! Drinks in the restaurant were very reasonably priced - about 10 euros for a bottle of wine, 7 euros for a carafe and 3.50 euros for a pint of beer. We ran a tab for the week which was easier than paying each evening. My only feedback would be that despite the restaurant not being full we were always made to sit next to other people and with the tables being very close together it wasn't very private as you could hear their conversations. Not sure why they couldn't space people out a bit when it wasn't that busy.
In terms of entertainment we didn't take part apart from on one day when we played French boules and went to the quiz in the evening. The entertainer was very good and kept people in good spirits.
We walked to Paphos both along the main road and along the coastal path. I recommend the coastal path as it was a much nicer walk and lovely to see the sea. We went around a few of the historic sights in Paphos and up the castle all of which in easy walking distance of the hotel.
One day we went to the capital of Cyprus. We got a taxi to the bus station which the hotel organised and it came straight away, this cost €9 euros. We caught the local bus which cost €13 euros return each which was a bargain as two hours each way. It wasn't the most luxurious way to travel but we really enjoyed it and enjoyed going around the world's only divided capital city ourselves! Given the organised trip with Thomson would have cost £50 per person this saved us a lot of money!!
Overall we had a lovely stay. The grounds were lovely it was nice having little blocks of rooms rather than staying in a big hotel block. The staff were really friendly. If we ever went back to Cyprus we would definitely come back to here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village, part of the Kefalos group of Hotels in Paphos, Cyprus. "Kefalos Beach Tourist Village" was conceived from a deep rooted desire to demonstrate the ancient tradition of genuine Cyprus hospitality. The Kefalos Group offers two Hotels in Paphos that are the jewels in the crown of Cyprus Hotels. Beautifully located in a scenic setting overlooking the azure Mediterranean and in total harmony with its surroundings; it blends together everything you would expect from a purpose built resort - with the ambiance and charm of a village. Located on the beach next to the renowned archaeological areas of Paphos - the UNESCO Park with its mosaics, the Venetian Pathos Lighthouse and the Tombs of the Kings.It is by far the ideal location for a holiday in Cyprus. With its close proximity to the sea, Kefalos Beach is probably the only Cyprus Holiday Village whose layout enables its guests to enjoy beach holidays in Cyprus whilst still enjoying the freedom of self-catering. Our Paphos beach hotel has an excellent range of facilities for all of the family and stands out against other Cyprus Hotels because of its purpose built accommodation and services for disabled people and its locations for wedding ceremonies and receptions. The Mosaics, Lighthouse, Odeon, Byzantine Ruins, Paphos Medieval Castle, harbour area, local bars and restaurants, are easily accessible via the newly constructed beach front promenade. Its ideal location combines peaceful seclusion with easy access to the centre of Kato Paphos along with all its attractions. Spacious accommodation, a palm tree lined beach front, large lawns, numerous sun beds to relax on, daily entertainment, dining facilities by the beach and a playground area with kids’ facilities are waiting for you at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village. Your Cyprus holidays will never be the same again once you have experienced the hospitality at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village. A new and refreshing way to experience beach holidays in Cyprus. A warm welcome awaits you at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village, your getaway to tranquility, relaxation and Cyprus hospitality..... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Kefalos Beach Tourist Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kefalos Beach Tourist Village Hotel Paphos
- Kefalos Beach Tourist Village Paphos
- Kefalos Beach Village