Food: Firstly the food was great, we went bed and breakfast and there was always a great variety including full English, fruit, cereals and meats and cheeses.
Beach: We chose this hotel because it was supposedly on the beach where we planned to spend most of our days. As soon as we got there the rep advised us to lay on the grass as you cannot actually get to the beach. It is all just rocks and seaweed, so do not choose this hotel if you are looking for a beach holiday. We were very disappointed with this. Thankfully there was a bus stop about a 7 min walk away which takes you to Coral Bay Beach (about 20 min journey) which was lovely would definitely recommend going here. There are great bars and restaurants near by, and if we were to go back to Cyprus we would stay on Coral Bay.
Hotel and pool: The hotel itself was fine and the grounds were quite pretty. There is only one pool, and if you come down after 11 you will struggle to find a bed. There are some beds on the grass but these are soo uncomfortable. The staff were friendly enough.
Harbour: We took a stroll down to the harbour one day along the beach, and this took about 45 mins for us, so we got the bus down there every other time.
Eating out: The food in Cyprus is great if you love lots of meat and fish. This is ok for me for a few nights but I would have liked a bit more variety as a fussy eater myself. Prices weren't too bad, but were a bit more expensive if you eat out at the harbour.
Rooms: The rooms are very basic and not modern, unfortunately upon arrival the toilet in our room had not been flushed by the previous occupants which wasn't a great way to start the holiday :(
We also didn't like the fact you cannot flush toilet paper down the toilet.
Overview: all in all, we did have a wonderful time but wouldn't return, we were disappointed as had expected great things based on all of the wonderful reviews. It was a nice cheap holiday, and I guess you do get what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village, part of the Kefalos group of Hotels in Paphos, Cyprus. "Kefalos Beach Tourist Village" was conceived from a deep rooted desire to demonstrate the ancient tradition of genuine Cyprus hospitality. The Kefalos Group offers two Hotels in Paphos that are the jewels in the crown of Cyprus Hotels. Beautifully located in a scenic setting overlooking the azure Mediterranean and in total harmony with its surroundings; it blends together everything you would expect from a purpose built resort - with the ambiance and charm of a village. Located on the beach next to the renowned archaeological areas of Paphos - the UNESCO Park with its mosaics, the Venetian Pathos Lighthouse and the Tombs of the Kings.It is by far the ideal location for a holiday in Cyprus. With its close proximity to the sea, Kefalos Beach is probably the only Cyprus Holiday Village whose layout enables its guests to enjoy beach holidays in Cyprus whilst still enjoying the freedom of self-catering. Our Paphos beach hotel has an excellent range of facilities for all of the family and stands out against other Cyprus Hotels because of its purpose built accommodation and services for disabled people and its locations for wedding ceremonies and receptions. The Mosaics, Lighthouse, Odeon, Byzantine Ruins, Paphos Medieval Castle, harbour area, local bars and restaurants, are easily accessible via the newly constructed beach front promenade. Its ideal location combines peaceful seclusion with easy access to the centre of Kato Paphos along with all its attractions. Spacious accommodation, a palm tree lined beach front, large lawns, numerous sun beds to relax on, daily entertainment, dining facilities by the beach and a playground area with kids’ facilities are waiting for you at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village. Your Cyprus holidays will never be the same again once you have experienced the hospitality at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village. A new and refreshing way to experience beach holidays in Cyprus. A warm welcome awaits you at the Kefalos Beach Tourist Village, your getaway to tranquility, relaxation and Cyprus hospitality..... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Priceline, Bookcyprus.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Kefalos Beach Tourist Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kefalos Beach Tourist Village Hotel Paphos
- Kefalos Beach Tourist Village Paphos
- Kefalos Beach Village