I booked this hotel as I wanted a relaxing few days near Paphos, but wanted to avoid the 'bucket and spade' crowd and find somewhere a little more peaceful.
I arrived quite late on Good Friday (Easter is a big holiday in Cyprus, so many things are shut and public transport isn't running at full capacity) so got a taxi from Pahpos airport to the hotel. It wasn't far, maybe just over 30 minutes.
The hotel sits on a rocky outcrop at the far end of Coral Bay, so far enough away from the central tourist part at the other end of the beach to be peaceful. As previous reviewers have said, the building itself is quite old, but it's been renovated and looks in good order.
Check-in was quick, and I'd booked a room with a seaview which was well worth the money. the balcony looked right along Coral Bay beach and also out into the bay. The swimming pool and garden were below, but as it's a Spa resort there is no noise as there were no young children staying.
The room was a nice size, and has been modernised but not totally renovated. So the room is quite dated, but they've freshened it up as much as they can and it looks fine. If I was in the room I was out on the balcony enjoying the view so it didn't affect my enjoyment at all. The bathroom is also clean and also showing it's age a little, but they've done a nice job in making it look presentable and it wasn't an issue.
Breakfast is good, taken downstairs in the large dining room and verandah by the pool. A good selection was always available so no problems finding somethnig that you like. Staff were very helpful, helped me rush through a late food order a few times, before the kitcehn closed when I'd been out and returned a bit alter than planned in the evening.
The local bus stops right outside the hotel, either to hop into the nearest town (not much there) or continue into Paphos (about 20 minutes). Even at Easter there was a frequent service, so I'm sure on non-public holidays you won't ever need to wait for long.
There are steps in the garden that lead down to the bay and the rocky outcrop, and it's then a few steps to get to the sandy beach. Was very quiet when I went as it was before the season started, so plenty of space to sit.
I'd recommend the hotel, I'd certainly stay here again (but would be perfect if they refurbed it, and brought it up to the latest standards)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Thalassa Coral Bay . Location: Quietly nestled on the Maa Peninsula, an ancient Greek archeological site and surrounded by the crystal waters of the Mediterranean, Thalassa overlooks the beautiful golden beach of the Coral Bay where the radiance of the setting sun has mesmerized guests with majestic beauty and tranquility. The property borders the Akamas National Park, an area of outstanding natural beauty, and ecological significance, which is protected by UNESCO and also encompasses the endangered turtle breeding site of Lara Bay. Lobby: The moment one enters the gracefully designed Lobby with breathtaking views, the mood set for a never to be forgotten experience. Accommodation: All rooms and suites are beautifully designed, all with sea view. Every room is as chic as it appears and includes; full marble bathroom, certain suites even include Whirlpools and personal saunas, lavish bathroom amenities, balcony, IDD cordless telephone set, internet access, satellite TV, Hi FI- DVD system, mini bar, and electronic safe to name a few. Anagenisis Spa at Thalassa is the first holistic spa in Cyprus. The spa features an array of signature treatments inspired by the four corners of the earth and from the past of ancient Greece. The spa reflects our philosophy of complete serenity and relaxation while highly qualified therapists offer personalized service focusing on the guests' individual wants and needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your SENTIDO Thalassa Coral Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thalassa Boutique Hotel And Spa
- Thalassa Boutique Hotel Paphos
- Thalassa Hotel Paphos
- Thalassa Resort Paphos