“Lovely,friendly,relaxing hotel.”

Ranked #57 of 90 Hotels in Paphos
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Lovely,friendly,relaxing hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

I have just returned from a week at this hotel. Ignore all negative comments(some people would complain in heaven) re food,staff&rundown state. I found this hotel excellent value for what i paid.It is also ideally situated for all paphos has to offer(bus stop outside hotel,1.50 per trip or 5 per day). LOVELY HOTEL,VERY GOOD FOOD&ALL STAFF FRIENDLY&HELPFUL(including Joe,who for some reason gets a lot of bad press here). Will definitely retun.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank susan m
Administration01, Public Relations Manager at Agapinor Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our Hotel for your recent holiday and for taking the time to write your honest and truthful review about your stay as a solo traveler.

We appreciate the comments that you have made and we were all very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our Hotel to offer excellent value for money with very good food and friendly and helpful staff.

It will be our pleasure for your next visit to welcome you back as one of our Platinum guests, with the benefits of a Complimentary upgrade to a Pool/ Sea View Room and a late check out of 15:00 hours on your day of departure.

If we can be of any assistance in the future do not hesitate to contact us direct.

From all the Staff & Management here at the Agapinor Hotel, we would like to sincerely thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Lamia, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

We booked our accommodation on the all inclusive option at the Agapinor Hotel and spent there one lovely week! Our room was facing the road and was absolutely lovely. Having read previous comments I want to stress that this hotel is above Value for Money and you get the best for what you pay. We found the breakfast very satisfying and we were happy with the service. The lunch buffet was good and as mentioned before we were on the all inclusive package and were very comfortable with the hours (12:30 to 15:00).
We would like to thank specifically Joe and everyone at the reception for their assistance and willingness to make our stay as best as possible. Thank you again and we will be returning at the Agapinor.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to write your informative review about your recent stay at our Hotel.

We were all very happy to hear that you enjoyed your holiday on Light Inclusive and found our hotel to offer value for money, with a good standard of food and friendly and helpful staff.

It is wonderful to hear that you will be returning to our Hotel and for your next visit we would like to welcome you back as our Platinum Guests, with the benefits of a Complimentary upgrade to a Pool/ Sea View Room and a late check out of 15:00 hours on your day of departure.

Wiltshire, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I think I must have been expecting too much from my stay at this hotel. I did not get off to a very good start as I arrived after 9 pm and was advised that the restaurant was closed and no food was available. I was a single woman travelling alone and was told that I should go out into the dark and rain, in an area I did not know, to find something myself! After that I went to my room which was on the road side, close to the traffic lights, so from early in the morning I was kept awake by vehicles revving up at the lights. the room also smelled of smoke, in fact I often smelt smoke in various locations around the hotel. Next morning I requested a change of room, so for an extra charge I moved to a sea view room. I'm not bothered about sea view but just wanted to get away from the road, although it did mean that as my new room was over the bar, I had to listen to the Karaoke whether I wanted to or not. To be fair, the room was a good size and was clean on my arrival, I also found the bed to be comfortable and the mattress was clean. There was a good range of cupboards & wardrobes but only 5 hangers. The water pressure in the shower was poor but at least when I reported a problem with my toilet, it was fixed straight away. Next the safe, there was a charge for that. Also a charge for WiFi. I paid for the safe but not the WiFi. Almost all the bars and cafes have free WiFi for customers, there is a bar just up the road where the WiFi is free and the beer is not served in short measures. I think the cleaners must be overworked as they did not have time to clean my room properly. After a week I had to ask at reception for my bathroom to be cleaned and I'm sure the floor was never vacuumed. The towels were changed periodically but some of them were very worn and discoloured. Fluffy & white they were not. If all you want from your food is quantity then you are OK. I, however, like a bit of quality and that was sadly lacking. Every evening seemed to be a variation of pork, chicken legs (no breast), pasta and fish with the odd Greek dish thrown in for good measure. And then there was the cottage pie which was just vegetables in gravy with potato on top. Apart from salt and pepper, there were no condiments on the tables although some were available on request. The same went for breakfast. There were no fresh vegetables, they were all of the frozen variety and as for fresh fruit, maybe an orange if you were lucky. And the dessert EVERY day was cake, jelly & blanchmange, only the colour changed from day to day. If I wanted a coffee after my meal, I had to pay for that! There was a dress code in the evening but the 'no shorts in the restaurant' seemed to be ignored. At breakfast there was no bacon, just some sort of bacon substitute, no idea what it was. In the bar I commented more than once to the barman that in Britain we need to fill the beer glass right up to the top (as that is where the measuring line was), maybe weights and measures don't count in Cyprus. The swimming pool always seemed to have dirt at the bottom of it and the sun loungers had seen better days. Apart from one very hard working girl in the restaurant, the staff never seemed to smile. On a positive note, I was OK with the location of the hotel, one reason I chose it was to be near the old town and away from the main tourist bit but that did mean when I had to go meal hunting on my first night, there was no so much around. I was looking for a holiday that was cheap and cheerful, at the end of the day, I only got cheap.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms get the sun and not the traffic, I would recommend one on a higher floor. There is a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank silverfilly
Administration01, Public Relations Manager at Agapinor Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel for your recent holiday.

Following your review, we would like to say that when you make a booking for our hotel with the Tour Operators, you do have the choice of booking a Town View OR Sea View Room and our Hotel description clearly states that we are situated in the centre of Paphos Town.

All of our Town View Rooms have 2 sets of double glazed doors with a gap in between as recommended by our Mechanical Engineers and Architect at the time of construction, so that when the patio doors are closed there is absolutely NO NOISE from the side street below.

We do advertise that our Hotel has Wi-Fi with a charge and also that we have room safes available with a supplement. This information is provided so that guests are aware of all extra charges when booking their holiday.

Our Breakfast Buffet from 07:00 – 10:00 offers a wide selection, which includes: Local bacon, frankfurter sausages, beans, fried eggs (on request) scrambled eggs/ hard boiled eggs (alternate days), Selection of 3 types of Cold Meats, Cheese, yoghurt, fruit, 3 types of jam, marmalade, selection of bread, choice of 3 cereals, Breakfast Cake, Hot Beverages from 2 self service beverage machines, fresh filter coffee and there is a Juice machine serving orange, apple & grapefruit juice.

In the evening at dinner we offer the Chef’s Soup of the day, a selection of salads & hors' dourves, hot main dishes with seasonal vegetables, potatoes of the day and a selection of desserts.

At the same time guests can have an omellet of their choice or they can choose from the Vegetarian Menu.

Guests on Half Board also have the option of swapping their dinner for lunch on a daily basis.

The following variety of Hot dishes were on the menu and all served with Chefs Potatoes of the day and Seasonal Vegetables; Chicken Chasseur, Sautéed Fish, Grilled Pork Chops, Moussaka, Roast Chicken, Beef Stroganoff with rice, Roast Pork with Mustard Sauce, Fish with Vegetarian Sauce, Pork Casserole, Chicken Diane, Roast Lamb with mint sauce, Fish Chefs Style Roast Gammon, Roast Chicken, Pork Britanier, Cottage Pie, Beef Stifado with Pilaf Rice & Roast Pork with Gravy.

The variety of desserts included; Local Cypriot Dessert Ravini, Coconut Cake, Apple Pie, Various Cakes cooked by our chef, seasonal fresh fruit, custards, jelly, strawberry cream, chocolate and caramel dessert.

All guests have to pay for their drinks unless they are on the Light Inclusive Package, which includes a selection of drinks from 12:30 – 23:00 hours.

As can be seen from the above WE DO OFFER a varied selection at all meal times and we only purchase the best quality produce from our suppliers.

Finally we would like to say that our Hotel offers value for money holidays, with a high level of service in all departments and we are therefore sorry to hear that we did not meet with your holiday requirements on this occasion.

Travellers are raving about these Paphos hotels

London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from this hotel. We were totally misled by the jargon On the beach wrote. Its a tired rundown hotel. The food was awful and should never be quoted as all inclusive as there were no proper choices and the food wasnt plentiful. Towels old and sometimes dirty, shower broken...I could go on. We had a 'sea view' which infact was half an hour walk away. Paphos was lovely the locals friendly just dont stay here. All the locals new the reputation this place has and that it housed asylum seekers in 2012. We have been on the equivalent cheap break in Spain and it has been wonderful.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank S K
Administration01, Public Relations Manager at Agapinor Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Guests,

Following your review we would like to say that our Hotel does not have a reputation and for your information was renovated/ refurbished in April/ May 2013 and this refurbishment included our Guest rooms that were painted throughout, fitted with new carpets, Beds, curtains, bedspreads, bed linen and 24 inch LED Flat Screen TV's.

Our Hotel IS NOT AN ALL INCLUSIVE HOTEL AND WE HAVE NEVER DONE ALL INCLUISVE, however we offer a LIGHT INCLUSIVE PACKAGE at a highly discounted and value for money price.

The Hotels description with all of our Tour Operators clearly states that we are centrally located in the Old Town of Upper Paphos approximately 2.5 - 3 km away from Kato Paphos with the Harbour and Beaches.

All of our guest rooms are cleaned daily unless there is a do not disturb red card on the door and the towels and bed linen are changed twice per week as per the agreements with our Tour Operators.

If you had problems with the shower or were unhappy with the servicing of your room, why did you not mention this whilst on holiday at our Hotel so that it could be rectified instead of waiting until your return to the UK to publish comments that cannot be verified on this website as there are certainly no reports in our Maintenance or Duty Managers Book?

It is unfortunate that on this occasion we have not been able to meet with your requirements.
Dronfield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel in February 2014.The room i had was pleasant enough and came equipped with en-suite and tv.

On the negative side,the all-inclusive option was a joke.It didn't start until 1230 and,until 1500
had to be taken in the hotel's restaurant.This coincided with lunch and the restaurant staff were so busy running around that it took ages before you could get a drink(they looked at you in disbelief,if you only wanted a beer or a glass of wine.)The food was,to put it mildly,ordinary:
very little choice and almost always the same things.From 1500 to 2300,the all-inclusive option
was available in the hotel's main bar (no snacks provided.) The hotel provided karaoke-style entertainment 3 times a week,from 2100-2300.
The Agapinor is situated in a hilly part of Paphos and walking anywhere involves negotiating
fairly steep gradients,therefore I would not consider it suitable for those with walking difficulties.

If you do visit this hotel,consider staying there on a room-only basis.A good breakfast can be had at the Tea for Two restaurant,about 150 metres from the Agapinor (turn left as you leave the hotel and follow the road uphill.) For a good value evening meal,go to the sea-front (bus 610 will take you to the harbour,if you don't fancy walking 3 kilometres,) walk along the esplanade,away from the castle,until you reach the Anabelle hotel.On the other side of the street,there are 2 restaurants.both of which advertise extensive 3 course meals for 10 euro,an example of such being prawn cocktail,steak and,finally,cheesecake.It's much better than anything you will get at the Agapinor!
wi

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank allyco
Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.

We would like to comment on the following:

Our Hotel DOES NOT DO AND NEVER HAS DONE ALL INCLUSIVE.

All of the agreements with the Tour Operators that we Contract with are for LIGHT INCLUSIVE, which is sometimes referred to as ALL INCLUISVE LIGHT and on their websites and on our Hotel’s website you can see a full description of the Light Inclusive Package and what is included.

Our Light Inclusive Package consists of Buffet Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and a selection of drinks; Hot Beverages, Soft Drinks, ½ Pints of Local Amstel Beer, Local Spirits & Local ½ Litre Carafe of wine – white or red.

The reason that we display all of this information is so that you the guests can make an informative decision about your holiday requirements before booking your holiday.
This is also reflected in the price as the cost for Light Inclusive at our Hotel is less that you would pay for Half Board at other Hotels.

If you look at the official Tour Operator description for The Light Inclusive (All Inclusive Light) Package you will see that it ONLY CONSISTS of a selection of DRINKS WITH LUNCH AND DINNER, however our Hotel decided to ENHANCE this for our guests, WITHOUT INFLATING THE PRICE by including drinks on the package from 12:30 – 23:00 hours, making it a lot more attractive and beneficial to our Guests.

Unfortunately we have no governance over how Travel Agents sell holidays and it is a well known fact that they are more interested in achieving high sales levels in order to receive their commission than they are in giving out correct holiday information to their clients even though they are given the full and correct information from the Tour Operators that they buy the rooms from.

From 11:00 a.m guests can purchase drinks from our Agapinor Café Bar and then during lunch service from 12:30 – 15:00 the bar opens in the Neptune Breakfast room where two staff are on duty to serve our guests.
At 15:00 hours the Agapinor Café Bar re-opens upstairs so at no time do any of our guests have to go without a drink.

Our Hotel is situated in the centre of Paphos Old Town at the bottom of a slight incline and there are bus stops directly outside our main entrance and 200 meters away, with a regular bus service that operates both winter and summer every 10 – 20 minutes. This bus service offers exceptional rates with the cost of a single journey ticket at 1.50 Euro, an all day bus pass for 5.00 Euro or a weekly bus pass for 15.00 Euro, therefore enabling people with walking difficulties to get around Paphos easily.

The chef is complimented by our guests for the food that we serve as we offer a varied selection at all meal times in the form of a self service Buffet.
In the evening at Dinner guests can also have an Omelet of their choice or they can choose from our Vegetarian Menu.

It is unfortunate that on this occasion that we could not meet fully with your expectations.
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

We had already booked the Agapinor when I started reading the "reviews" section. There were a lot of adverse comments so it was with some trepidation that we walked through the doors. Joe welcomed us, explained everything we needed to know and pointed us in the right direction. Our room was on the third row and faced the road. We waited the whole holiday for the "very noisy road" to materialise - it didn't! We searched for "poor maintenance" - couldn't find any. we got into bed expecting lumps and bumps - there weren't any! Breakfast offered 3 cereals, fresh fruit, Greek yoghurt, bacon, sausages, baked beans, eggs, cheese, cooked meats, white and brown bread and rolls, sponge cake and 3 pots of jams. I wonder what the breakfast critics eat at home? Dinner: Beef, chicken or pork, a pasta dish, potatoes or rice - as required - and 2 veg. Plus: soup, 5 or 6 salads, jelly, blancmange and a sponge or crumble. I'm a fussy eater, I always left the restaurant "full to bursting"!!
All the staff were friendly and helpful, special thanks to Hazel, Joe and Ian.
We are waiting, impatiently, for airline holiday sites to open next years bookings. We are DEFINITELY going back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MaryMouseEngland
Dear Guests,

We would all like to sincerely thank you for your honest and moving review and for taking the time to make comments about your holiday experience compared to some of the points raised in less favorable reviews on this site.

It was lovely to hear that you spent an enjoyable holiday with us and found us to be the complete opposite of these adverse reviews, but most importantly for us was to hear that you will definitely be returning in the future.

For your next visit it will be our pleasure to welcome you back as our Platinum Guests, with the benefits of a Complimentary upgrade to a Pool/ Sea View Room and a late check out of 15:00 hours on your day of departure.

Please contact us when you have made your next booking and quote your Trip Advisor Name so that we can apply your Platinum Status benefits.

Thank you once again from all the Staff & Management here at the Agapinor Hotel.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed at the Agapinor for a week in February. It was exactly what we expected after reading previous reviews. Joe welcomed us and explained the light AL. Our room was on the second floor and had a great view of the sunset. Everyone at the hotel were friendly but very busy.The hotel is in a perfect location if you prefer to be away from the 'tourist area' but close enough to walk to or catch the local bus. The bus stops just out side hotel costs just 1.50euro or you can pay 5euro for a day ticket or 15 euro for a week. We did this once and visited Paphos Harbour, Tomb of the Kings,Coral bay and Aphriditis Rock - it really was a great day out. Just up the road is the international bus station. Here we paid 7euro for return trip to Limassol - another great day out.
All in all the holiday was great. We.I would say that the hotel is not really suitable for young couples or groups as there is no real entertainment although they do have Kareoke twice a week. As the hotel is small, it was easy socialise with with other guests in the bar area. We met some really nice people which again made this a lovely holiday. The hotel was clean, meals ok and beds very comfortable. Just up the road you have coffee shops, bars and taverners, although most were closed when we were there, opening for the start of season 1st March.
Would we return - you bet, but for longer next time. We hope Joe will still be there when we return as every hotel should have a character and he certainally was plus such a good singer. It is definatly great value for money.

Room Tip: Pay extra for sea view
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our Hotel, both the staff and management were very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent holiday and we were all especially pleased to hear that you will be returning for a longer stay next time.

Your informative review will be very useful to future guests to our Hotel.

For your return visit we would like the opportunity of welcoming you back as our Platinum Guests with the benefits of a Complimentary upgrade to a Pool/ Sea View Room and a late check out of 15:00 hours on your day of departure.