“ideal position”
Review of Agapinor Hotel

Agapinor Hotel
Ranked #62 of 85 Hotels in Paphos
Reviewed 4 January 2009

good value 3star hotel for older adults rooms need a little tlc and beds are very hard but the management have a device to aleviate this.food is various and good quality.small bar and open plan sitting area with comfortable leather settees.outside are two pools and for me importantly private car parking as this hotel is in a shopping area.rooms at the back with views towards the sea can be irritating at night due to wailing wild cats setting of barking dogs so best to lose the views and request a room at the front which dispite being on a shopping road at the time i was there was fairly quiet. this would have to be booked in advance as the hotel was full and does get a lot of repeat clients .the local buses are nearby but stop early evening and with our pound to euro rate being poor the taxis seem expensive so best to hire a car from £20 a day.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 January 2009

I stayed in room 113 from the 21st until the 28th of December.

Rooms 112,113,114, and 115 are to the right of the lift and down a small flight of steps. It would have been nice to have been advised of this at reception upon arrival, as my case was heavy and I had difficulty carrying my case down them to 113.

I was checking in for the Christmas week, and was shocked to see and hear in room 114 2 men who were workmen covered in paint and talking and shouting loudly, and then for the following 2 nights their friends calling and knocking loudly and talking at the top of their voices. I complained to reception that I expected this to be a tourist Hotel and not a working mans Hotel. The reception said they would be leaving on Tuesday, and when I requested to be moved they said I had to stay put as the Hotel was full.

Room 113 had no light on the balcony and no remote control, and the bed was so hard I could feel the Springs. I had brought my own pillow from home thank goodness, and the reception was able to provide a well worn camp bed cover to lay over the hard springs. The hanging space in room 113 was about 6 inches hanging space and this was a double room. I requested the remote and the light bulb for the balcony and they were provided. The bed linen and towels have seen better days as well. Over washed a tired and in need of a good overhaul. I was glad I had packed some spare towels from home. There were 2 blue blankets as well I used both as the room was cold at night but alas one of the blankets had a orange stain which was just so unhygienic.
The charge for using the safe in the room is 18 euros for the week which equates to almost £18 in today's exchange rates. Far in excess of a rate that requires only a key and no maintenance! I didn't therefore use the safe!
The food is edible and plentiful. The meat on the carvery night and Christmas day was overcooked and tasteless but the rest of the week was fine. On one night the jelly was so hard you couldn't get a spoon into it, and the Chef said that was because they made it stronger due to the heat of summer! weird its december.

Downstairs in the Reception area it gives a really nice and relaxed appearance with nice comfy sofas somewhere to read or chat.

There is entertainment most evenings as well, and the Staff are really friendly and cheerful.

The rooms just let this Hotel down some guests were complaining about the beds and also how cold their rooms were as the heating didn't work. I was lucky my heating did work.

The Hotel is in a really good location in the old town with the bus station near by and a wonderful Cafe called Tea for Two just up the hill by Marks and Spencers. I had brunch there 5 out of the 7 days as the Hotel breakfast finishes at 09:45, and quite frankly was more like a rugby scrum.

So there we are! my review of this 3 star Hotel in Paphos old town.

Happy New Year.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank GeorginaBrightonUK
Reviewed 25 November 2008

I was not overly impressed with the Hotel as described in the brochure. I looked at Trip Watch and although there was mixed reviews I thought I would take out the best and the worst reviews and go. I had my lap top with me and had confirmed that I would have a connection to the Internet. Not so I was told it was an error on the page and that it would be eliminated on all future advertising. I am diabetic and require my medication to be refrigerated cost 120 euros for the fridge. I only wanted to hire and could have bought one for 80 euros locally. Small niggles but imporrtant ones to me. It always seems the hidden costs are the bugbears. The safe in the room 40 euros. I do realise that things have to be paid for but you should check out all the possibilities, I did but was still caught out. The room was o.k. clean and with a sea view, staff were friendly food was not very good, and really needs to be looked at.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Senor1939
Reviewed 14 November 2008

Just returned from a week at this hotel and found it to be excellent value,the food is way above average.
The hotel staff are very friendly and very good at their job,thoroughly enjoyable and will certainly be going back in the future.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brizzo9
Reviewed 29 October 2008

We have just returned from a family holiday at this Hotel and have to say that we have all had a fabulous time.

The Hotel staff from the moment you arrive make you feel so welcome and are very helpful and courteous and the service is excellent.

We found the food excellent and there was a wide variety to choose from at the breakfast and dinner buffet.

The rooms are comfortable and are kept very clean and tidy, as is the whole hotel.

We will be back and would recommend this Hotel for a holiday.

Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank NewcastleSacha
Reviewed 2 September 2008

trip advisor member , i have read a lot of reviews on this hotel, which to be fair does not do the hotel any justice,I stayed for two weeks and had a fantasic stay, room was very clean and tidy cleaned every day top marks to the staff whom were so helpfull went out of there way to make sure the stay was as relaxing as possible good work staff ,Food exellent, tho it was spoilt by the so called towel people ;This is my sun lounger so i must claim it get a life people you know who you are, ANYWAY great holiday going back in october to see all you nice people at the Agapinor

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank davidatkinson37
Reviewed 19 July 2008

We have recently returned from spending a week in the Agapinor.
The hotel was very clean and the staff very friendly and helpful.
We stayed on a bed and breakfast, and the breakfasts were
perfectly adequate - cereals, rolls, toast, yoghurt, fruit and some
choice of hot.
We had a sea view room on the 3rd floor which we were really pleased about. The room was cleaned and bed linen/towels changed regularly. The pool was lovely and the whole area kept very clean and tidy. We cannot fault the hotel itself, and feel that sometimes people just expect too much.
The hotel was a good walk from the harbour area where all the restaurants and nightlife was, but despite the heat, we managed to walk down and back nearly every night. Taxis can be expensive as we found on the one night we used one to get back to the hotel.
Buses during the day were frequent and cheap.
If you want a good base to explore Paphos, we would recommend this hotel. It is in a quiet area, but this is a preference for me.
At the end of the day, you get what you pay for and we found this to be excellent value for money.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family