Aliathon Holiday Village
US$165
US$122
US$322
US$297
Queen's Bay Hotel(Kissonerga)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$150
US$263
US$210
2,814 results
All reviewsfishing villagesplash poolfirst choiceadult barmain poolmain restaurantfootball academykids clubgreek restauranthigh ropesswimming lessonsswim academyevening entertainmentraft buildingolder partaegean poolgolf buggy
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Returned home on the 20/06/11 having visited Aliathon Village for the first time. Weather was good,accomadation very clean.As an "older" couple,me and my wife like to settle down at night once fed and watered,and watch UK tv,(2100hrs onwards)sadly,no BBC 1,or Channel 5,ITV was not that good either,despite asking reception to try and fix it,they tried but couldn't do it.Maybe a need to invest in a decent satelite system for us "old folks",and others aswell i'm sure.
Food,as stated by someone else,is nice initially,but after a couple of days the toast tastes the same as the Lasagne,all the same !! Why on earth don't they send a Chef(or 2)to the UK to see what we eat and how to cook it correctly,not how the Cypriots "think" how it should be cooked.???Again its probably penny pinching.?Could do with a FREE Wi-fi area though,instead they charge,sign of the times i suppose,nothing for nothing.
The majority of the staff are very pleasant and polite,but sadly others are just very rude and ignorant,especially in the Supermarket where they treat you and talk to you like dirt,very rude people,that's my personal opinion,i treat people how i would expect to be treated by them !!
We normally go to the other side of the Island(Protaras) and we 've found it much friendlier,more choice with eating out and better beaches,BUT,despite my moans,i would go back to Aliathon but prefer Protaras.
Alan and Linda from Wolverhampton.

Room Tip: Quieter in the Aegean part of the site.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Just returned from a week at the aliathon and already planning to go back again!

We stayed in a standard room in the Aegean part of the hotel and I was a bit worried with some of the reviews on here but it succeeded my expectations, extremely spacious and spotlessly clean. While we preferred to use the main pools the Aegean pools are very peaceful and also have a pool bar.

The main pools were fantastic. Great pools for the kids and a massive adults only pool which really made a difference as we love to swim and it was great to have a proper pool to swim in as well as a place to relax away from the noise of the kids! If you are an adults only party you will still love this hotel as it caters really well to all age groups unlike previous hotels stayed in!

The food and drink were superb. The all inclusive variety was the best I have had. Being a vegetarian I often struggle with regards to food but thoroughly enjoyed every meal and never got bored. A visit to the Mexican and Greek restaurant is included in your stay. We visited the mexican and it was lovely with great service, it was a nice change being served as opposed to the buffet!

We travelled with Thomson and the service throughout was fantastic. The reps are fantastic and really look after you. We went to our welcome meeting and it was the best one we've been to, Gary and sam really bounce off each other and make it fun and interesting. Good service carried on right till the airport on the way home where there were loads of Thomson staff if you had any problems.

Overall this was undoubtedly the best hotel we've stayed in and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 20 June 2011

If you have very young children i.e. under 4 go May/June! I can definately say this was an excellent holiday, the people writing negative reviews on this page must be 'those type' who arent happy unless complaining - I dont normally do reviews but had to give this place all my credit. I have a large family and all went out for my wedding (didnt get married here, went to Peiya TH, was lovely!). We were all really well looked after, the Cypriot people are so lovely and polite. Food = excellent, accommodation = excellent, kids play areas = excellent, staff = excellent, weather = excellent, pools = excellent. What more can I say, would go back every year given the chance! Go AI though, well worth it (alcoholic drinks very strong - Yey!). Very clean everywhere, alot of weddings. If you are getting married I would recommend Tweedies, (http://tweedies.com) its about 20mins from the resort but well worth the journey, food is second to NONE, (and Im fussy about quality!). Hilary and Craig are lovely people and our wedding singer Jenny was the best!!! What a night - I was over the moon with everything from Aliathon to Tweedies!

Room Tip: Aegon Villiage lovely-Not run down at all!!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Bex78case
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I can only review the hotel on others we have stayed at in the last few years so here goes....We went as a large party for our wedding and arrived late afternoon all looked ok could have done with a welcome drink??instead had to wait at reception to check in without any refreshment....
We were then driven to the rooms which was great fun for the kids the down side was we had two prams and we had a top floor,gutted!!
Now what I booked was a deluxe room but what I got wasn't deluxe it was club standard at Butlins the room was a bit on the small side with a lovely balcony area and a major plus it was spotlessly clean....
I cannot fault the food in the main restaurant there was always plenty to eat and a great variety for everyone,the varieties of drink available was great too except you had to serve yourselves all the time and sometimes at breakfast found yourself waiting quite a while!!
One minor gripe I would have with the restaurant is at 10 am breakfast finishes fair enough but to pack everything away as quick as they do is not fair but the major problem everyone had with the restaurant was the heat for 9 days we couldn't enjoy our meals the food was great but try sitting in a sauna eating your breakfast and dinner,this wasn't fair so I complained first to waitress who agreed, then the supervisor who informed me the air-con was broken(RUBBISH)???Then after telling management for the third time that I would protest and sit in my boxers the air conditioning began to work????
The rep Maria(although a very pleasant lady) was as useless as a chocolate teapot in helping me in this matter,she claimed it wasn't uncomfortable(being cypriot and living in Africa for two years would explain this!!!).
The mexican a la carte was very nice and service fantastic but as for the greek a la carte the service was great but the food well lets just say the cats didn't even eat it after the meal.
The swimming pools were great for the kids especially the kiddies area although I cannot understand why they have the same sized pools for adults only as they do for everyone else,the most adults I saw swimming at any one time was 6 and at the same time there must have been 150 in the family pool..
The team that looked after the kids and the adults were top notch especially Scottie(Plastic Arsenal fan) and Elliot(Football coach)they all tried to involve everyone all the time...The hotel could do with a couple of speakers around the pool though as all quizes and music would be banged out through a rubbish little amp.which made the hearing of the team very difficult.....The surrounding area is ok but not alot to see and dont bother with the water park in paphos its pretty naff as water parks go.Another gripe is having no bottled water available,this is important when abroad which is why this specific hotel probably dont supply it,as they own the supermarket as well.If I had to sum up this hotel it is made for families with children between the ages of 5-10 that like the pool only,would I return to this hotel not a hope!!The first choice team led by Maria did the best they could with the resources that were available I just feel the hotel management need to relax the purse strings alot!!!
I dont normally moan,please check my feedback on other hotels,Royal Dragon in side..

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank southernclaret
Reviewed 17 June 2011

We stayed in the Fishing village in a Junior suite with kids den complete with playstation 2, happy days! Room was very spacious and cleaned every day, we were right outside the kids adventure pool brill for gettin a sunbed!Food was excellent with very varied choices every day, even snack bar options in the day were great, not repeated variations which u normally find on all inclusives.Staff really friendly & cannot do enough for you.Our only neg point is the night entertainment, not aimed at adults & you cannot hear what they are saying clearly due poor acoustics in outdoor hall, our kids 5 & 7 also found entertainment too babyish so, we opted for the bar, which played modern music. We had our wedding here in the Aphrodite gardens and it was fantastic, our first choice wedding advisor 'Morag' was amazing and 'Maria' the hairdresser/beautician who first choice use, is the best, being a hairdresser myself i was a bit aprehensive, but the best thing i did booking her as i was so stress free and my make up& hair did not 'move' all day even in the heat... wonderful. Kids loved it, we loved it & will def go back but be more prepared to explore night entertainment options outside of the village.

Room Tip: Fishing village rooms modern
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family